Tanith Belbin's hair color | Golden Skate

Tanith Belbin's hair color

Johar

Medalist
I really like Tanith, but imo the striped hair was...too stripey, which made it look like a wig.

Didn't she used to have very blonde hair?

babyoscar

On the Ice
Tanith

Tanith has brown hair, not that dark, but not blond. she highlights it blonds to contrast with Ben. I agree in the FD, her highlights looks weird, with the lines. However, when she has it down, you can't tell the lines.

R.D.

Record Breaker
There's a fierce Olympic competition brewing for tomorrow night, and all we can discuss is Tanith's hair color? :rofl: :rofl:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
As I said in the Free Dance thread -- what on earth is UP with those stripes? It makes the top of her head look like a huge, over-ripe gooseberry.......

childfreegirl

Final Flight
I like 'em! It's the kind of thing I wish I could do with my hair. It's too much of an upkeep for me though.

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
Tanith's hair reminds me of a line from "Hairspray" (the movie, haven't seen the musical):
Ricki Lake: "We shall overcome some day."
Pia Zadora: "Not with that hair you won't!"

FauveNik

Rinkside
I liked the hair, esp with the flamenco dance and outfit. I thought it suited it and really grabbed as part of the costume..
JMO
Fauve

Shanti said:
Please forgive my ignorence, I know only Tanith and Maria Sharapova from the list. Who are the rest?
Ypu can check them out here. (Click on "next athlete.")

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/features/hottestWomen?num=1

Most of them are on the current U.S. Olympic team:

Gretchen Bleiler, snowboard

Vonetta Flowers, bobsled (bobsleigh in Canada, LOL). The first black athlete to win a gold medal in the winter Olympics. (Debi Thomas got a bronze in figure skating in 1988.)

Lindsey Jacobellis, snowboard. (The new darling of the extreme sports crowd for living up to the maxim, "Who cares about a gold medal, look what I can do!!")

Kristi Leskinen, skiing.

The others are:

Swin Cash, basketball. :love: Star of the "worst-to-first" 2004 WNBA champion Detroit Shock. :rock:

Danica Patrick, car racing. :love:

Natalie Gibbs, golf.

Sophia Sandolo, golf. From Monaco, she is the only non-American hottie in the world, according to ESPN -- unless you count Sharapova as Russian).

Maria Sharapova. It says that she is the richest female athlete in the world, with a net income last year of $14.5. That's hot! I wish I could be Tanith's business agent next year.

MM :)

Last edited:

nicole_l

Final Flight
A girl named Danica Patrick goes to my school (not the same one, obviously). But it's still pretty cool.

guinevere

Final Flight
I usually don't care for the tiny tiny stripes (I prefer them wider, so they're more noticeable and less like extreme highlights), but I think it works very well for Tanith. Most of the time, her hair is styled so that the stripes aren't that noticeable, but the severe style for the FD works well with the theme, and the change is noticeable. Lovely!

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
Johar said:
I really like Tanith, but imo the striped hair was...too stripey, which made it look like a wig.

Didn't she used to have very blonde hair?

I agree, it looked strange.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I can see why Tanith left Canada for the States. She can cash in on her looks from what I have been hearing - just like Pam Anderson who is from Vancouver Island. Interesting. I didn't consider Tanith all that striking to look at. She looks like a little girl all done up to me. I guess she is trying the hollywood look, perhaps?

Serena

Rinkside
Her hair doesn't look bad down, but it looks really bad up. On the subject of ice dancers' hair, I love Federica Faiella's hair.

guinevere

Final Flight
Ladskater said:
I can see why Tanith left Canada for the States. She can cash in on her looks from what I have been hearing - just like Pam Anderson who is from Vancouver Island. Interesting. I didn't consider Tanith all that striking to look at. She looks like a little girl all done up to me. I guess she is trying the hollywood look, perhaps?
Are you seriously comparing Tanith Belbin's appearance to Pamela Anderson's?!? Or, even worse, her career ambitions? Good grief. :disapp:

sk8addict

On the Ice
do it yourself

childfreegirl said:
I like 'em! It's the kind of thing I wish I could do with my hair. It's too much of an upkeep for me though.
The kind of stripes that Tanith has is actually the fastest & easiest kind of color to do. For maintenance you just comb it tight like Taneth's in OD & stripe the roots. There are kits available at the grocert store for this. Never ever was color off before the recommended processing time has elapsed no matter how it looks or you will end up this orange or yellow stripes.

sk8addict

On the Ice
hair

Ladskater said:
That's Ridiculouis!