Wheeew Shizuka | Golden Skate

Wheeew Shizuka

mzheng

Record Breaker
I'm just so happy for Shizuka getting what she deserves.

The best skater at the night and at the current corp win. :rock: :rock: :rock:

:chorus: :chorus: :chorus: :chorus: :chorus:

She, IMO, is a true LADY skater win the Lady's Olympic Gold.

sarahmistral

On the Ice
the whole package

wow...what a wonderful surprise...I feel bad for Sasha (someday, it'll happen for her, I won't give up hope and neither should she - look at Paul Wylie! look at Shizuka, for that matter!!), but WOOOOOOOOAH Shizuka!!!!! Has everything it takes, and showed it! What a wonderful, gracious, deserving champion!!!! Amazing, enormous jumps! Edges, flow, grace, flexibility, and now she's won all the majors, Nats, Worlds, and Olympics!!!! Wow. Wow. Wow. :love:

WOOOOOOOOAH SHIZUKA!!!!!! Congratulations, Great Lady of Skating!!!

Sarah m.

nymkfan51

Medalist
Congratulations Shizuka ... you did it!!!! :clap:

Kudos to both Sasha and Irina also. I know things didn't work out the way they wanted, but as Sasha herself said in a recent article ... "things don't always go the way you want." And how true that is.

On a personal note, the outcome today makes me even more sad that Michelle wasn't able to compete. I had thought that she would never be able to win without at least a 6 triple program ... wow, who would have thought that the winners would do no more than 5 triples. Go figure.

sk8m8

Final Flight
Is it just my taste, or does else anyone think that Arakawa is one of the stunningly beautiful gold medal winners ever?

mzheng

Record Breaker
nymkfan51 said:
Kudos to both Sasha and Irina also. I know things didn't work out the way they wanted, but as Sasha herself said in a recent article ... "things don't always go the way you want." And how true that is.

I watched the whole thing from cctv live feed.

Yeah, I think Sasha know she should be proud of herself did as well as she did at Olympics. It was reported before she left her home rink (I was afraid to post this before the game, knowing it would be mistaken to a wrong way if this was from a Kwan fan. :cool: ) that the max number of her triples landed in her LP run throughs were 3 or 4. So with the pressure on, I say she did really good for herself......Well Irina is Irina, what cctv shown on K&C a typical Irina. She shall be happy now that she has two Olympic medal under her belt, and the only Russian woman to claim this fame.

mzheng

Record Breaker
sk8m8 said:
Is it just my taste, or does else anyone think that Arakawa is one of the stunningly beautiful gold medal winners ever?
I'm with you. It's my taste as well. At least since the years I've been watching Figure skating competetion.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
She went out there and claimed that gold medal. Good on her. From all accounts, the pressure on the Japanese girls was awful with cameras followingt hem absolutely everywhere. That shows what Shiza is made of. I had picked her for the bronze before the competition but she was truly golden through the entire Olys. Congrats, Shiza, well deserved.

cell

On the Ice
sk8m8 said:

She is so elegant and statuesque. :love:

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
I said yesterday in the poll forum, after seeing the short, that I wanted Shizuka to win and picked her in the poll even though I fully expected it to be Irina. I'm so happy I was right for once and not out of cynicism! She's such the total package as a skater, and I'm so so happy for her! And yes, she's lovely, isn't she? Makes me want to smack her. ;) Just kidding.

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
A big congrats to Shizuka. When you consider both the technical and presentation she is, IMO, the best overall skater. She's a very worthy OGM winner.

IndieBoi

On the Ice
nymkfan51 said:
On a personal note, the outcome today makes me even more sad that Michelle wasn't able to compete. I had thought that she would never be able to win without at least a 6 triple program ... wow, who would have thought that the winners would do no more than 5 triples. Go figure.

ITA... after all the debate about Michelle not being the least competitive for not having 3/3's, none of the medallists had one tonight.

SusanBeth

Final Flight
Congratulations to Shizuka! It was a well deserved win.

She left Tarasova in December, didn't she? I wonder if Tarasova's fur coat has suddenly developed some bald spots? ;)