Was Sasha on the Today Show this morning? | Golden Skate

Was Sasha on the Today Show this morning?

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Last night during the telecast there were ads saying that Sasha would be on the Today Show this morning. However, I was in and out of sleep during the first half hour and don't recall if she was on - I just remember some news story. I did see that Irina was on as well as Kimmie and Emily. Did anyone watch this morning?

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
I was wondering the same thing. I did see Kimmie and Emily but no Sasha. I really would have liked to see what she had to say after a night of going over things in her mind.

R.D.

Record Breaker
They interviewed Irina and she posed for some photos with her medal afterward. They also had Kimmie and Emily and their mothers on (KM and EM also posed for photos).

I think maybe Sasha was supposed to be on but something happened and to "fill in" they asked Irina to do the interview instead.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Someone at work said they saw Sasha. I was watching from 7:30 am Central time and she must have been on before that.

Dee

R.D.

Record Breaker
They showed a BRIEF interview of her after her FS. But she wasn't actually on the show (from what I saw, anyway).

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The person at work said it was on this morning with Katie C. So for us here in the central time zone, it could have been on before 7:00 am.

Dee

R.D.

Record Breaker
yes, it was. During the Today show broadcast, they showed a brief interview with her. But she wasn't on the set like Irina, Emily and Kimmie were.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
she did to a sit down interview around 7:15am this morning.... I have it on tape so I have proof!

she looked tired, and her hair wasn't as "perfect" as Sasha normally wears it, but she looked and sounded good...

Lynn51

Rinkside
Tonichelle is right, Sasha was interviewed this morning. I thought she handled the interview very well after what must have been an exhausting night.

R.D.

Record Breaker
wow. gotta check the PVR recording again. I could have sworn she wasn't there!

R.D.

Record Breaker
PVR missed the first 10 minutes of the program. She must have been on during that time. Grr.

ladysarahchatto

On the Ice
hrmsk8ngnutt said:
Last night during the telecast there were ads saying that Sasha would be on the Today Show this morning. However, I was in and out of sleep during the first half hour and don't recall if she was on - I just remember some news story. I did see that Irina was on as well as Kimmie and Emily. Did anyone watch this morning?

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Sasha has been all over today. :laugh:

She was just on again on Access Hollywood I think.

Enero

On the Ice
Tonichelle said:
she did to a sit down interview around 7:15am this morning.... I have it on tape so I have proof!

she looked tired, and her hair wasn't as "perfect" as Sasha normally wears it, but she looked and sounded good...

Hey I thought her hair was perfect!:laugh:
She looked her usual pretty self. I thought the interview was nice. Katie didn't focus on Sasha's mistake, but instead praised her for her courage and strong comeback, and she even stated how it annoyed her that they kept replaying Sasha's fall on the big screen at Pavela after she skated. I was really surprised by that comment.

Anyway, it was a nice interview. Kimmie and Emily's interview was nice too. The more I see Emily on and off the ice I'm becoming more of a fan. Irina's interview was good too. It was great to see her look happy today. She was much more composed than she was last night, which was a relief to see.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Enero said:
Hey I thought her hair was perfect!:laugh:
She looked her usual pretty self. I thought the interview was nice. Katie didn't focus on Sasha's mistake, but instead praised her for her courage and strong comeback, and she even stated how it annoyed her that they kept replaying Sasha's fall on the big screen at Pavela after she skated. I was really surprised by that comment.

Anyway, it was a nice interview. Kimmie and Emily's interview was nice too. The more I see Emily on and off the ice I'm becoming more of a fan. Irina's interview was good too. It was great to see her look happy today. She was much more composed than she was last night, which was a relief to see.

no her part looked more like she just kinda threw it around... not as precise (ie every single thread of a hair put in exact place) as I'm used to seeing... I'm not knocking it at all though because I just throw my hair into a messy half bun half ponytail and go! LOL