Official roster & general info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Official roster & general info

Sylvia

Record Breaker
anything_for_skating said:
Um, there are qualifications?
Yes, the men and ladies are divided into two groups (A & B) and the top 15 men and 15 ladies from each group (30 total) will advance to the short program. Then the top 24 men and ladies advance to the free skate.

peachy said:
i thought you couldn't go back to junior worlds once you had been in a major senior international competition... or is it that you just can't go back to junior worlds after competing in senior worlds?
As long as the skater is ISU junior age-eligible, he/she can compete at Junior Worlds if their federation wants to send them -- doesn't matter if they've previously competed at the Olympics or at Senior Worlds.

Last edited:

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Daisuke "Dice" Murakami (4th in junior at 2006 US Nationals) hasn't competed internationally since the fall of 2004, so I will be interested to see how he does in Slovenia and whether or not he tries a 3axel there (I saw him land one in a Nationals practice).

The men's field is pretty open and deep -- possible medal contendors are Takahiko Kozuka (current JGP Final champion), Yannick Ponsero (the returning silver medalist from 2005), Alexander Uspenski, Stephen Carriere, Geoff Varner, Ryo Shibata, Patrick Chan, Sergei Voronov (coached by Alexei Urmanov), Adrian Schultheiss, Jinlin Guan (5th at '05 Jr. Worlds) and Murakami as a dark horse.

Juliet - Stephen was quite solid in his LP at Nats last January. If he is destined to be a solid clean skater (few are) then the boys will have to plan their strategy. His 3A is good for points.

Joe