Why is Lambiel so hated by all? | Golden Skate

Why is Lambiel so hated by all?

Frau Muller

Final Flight
You have to be kidding. Lambiel is a beloved skater. Where do you get your popularity information?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Frau Muller said:
You have to be kidding. Lambiel is a beloved skater. Where do you get your popularity information?

Same place he got NBC's financial records, apparently :laugh:

I'm a skating fan and I adore him

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
He is hated by fans and experts since fans and experts all say Buttle, Weir, Lysacek, Oda, and Takahashi with quads and clean skates would beat him everytime, that Joubert and Sandhu with clean skates would beat him everytime. That is ridiculous if that is true. He is just as good in every area as Buttle, Sandhu or Weir, and he is better in every other area than Lysacek, Oda, Takahashi, and Joubert. Of course he is not Russian, Japanese, American, Canadian, or French though. So because he is not from one of those countries any top skater from those countries should beat him if they skate cleanly with quads even though he has quads and does everything just as well or better than them.

He is also hated by judges since they give him lower spin scores than much worse spinners like Plushenko and Lysacek, he gets no credit for his oustanding spins at all, they basicaly dont exist as far as scores. He barely got higher PCS scores than skaters like Joubert and Lysacek in the long program in Turin, another example of the judges strongly disliking him.

To come up with what his scores would be, I have come up with a scoring system that determines what his score would be if he were from a more powerful and prominent country. This is what he would gain at each competition:

Russia-add 20 points
U.S-add 20 points
France-add 15 points
Canada-add 10 points
Japan-add 10 points

The good thing is he lost the Oly gold by over 20 points to Plushenko so even if he were from Russia or the U.S he did not skate well enough to win the Olympics.

SusanBeth

Final Flight
You need to look up the definition of hate. You can prefer one skater over another without hate entering into it at all.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
slutskayafan21 said:
It seems like judges, skating fans, and experts all hate this guy and his skating. Why is it?
They have costume envy.

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
SusanBeth said:
You need to look up the definition of hate. You can prefer one skater over another without hate entering into it at all.

exactly. hyperbole is all this is..

and not all skating fans hate him by saying it'd be nice if he'd hit the quad, and IIRC he has done them... he's not the best skater ever in my book... in someone elses book he might be, but that doesn't mean I hate him. I enjoy his skating, and I think he's a sweetie... never met him, but I would like to if I ever got the chance...

(and for the record I don't consider an American skater to be the best ever, so NBC didn't pay me off... I consider a Canadian to be, and I'll give you one guess who that is lol)

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Skating fans and experts saying every skater in the top 10 should beat him if they land quads and skate cleanly is hate when none of them other than Plushenko are any better than him in other areas of skating, and alot of them are weaker in other areas of their skating is clear hate towards him IMHO. Also judges giving his world best spins lower scores than the two worst spinners in the top 10, and barely higher PCS scores than skaters with far worse PCS qualities is also examples of extreme dislike for him as well. It has nothing to do with him being a god or anything, he is just clearly an outcast of the skating World and has to work harder to get any recognition from anybody. It is all to do with the country he is from, as I said if he were American or Russian he would get alot more doing the same thing.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
Skating fans and experts

what fans? what "experts" are we talking about here???

you can say all of this until you're blue in the face but where is the proof... Lambiel is World Champ and Oly Silver Medalist.. where is this shut out? When the kid stays on his feet he gets amazing marks!

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Tonichelle said:
what fans? what "experts" are we talking about here???

you can say all of this until you're blue in the face but where is the proof... Lambiel is World Champ and Oly Silver Medalist.. where is this shut out? When the kid stays on his feet he gets amazing marks!

Everybody on every skating board I am on says that if Lysacek, Weir, Buttle, Joubert, Sandhu, Oda, and Takashi skated cleanly with quads they could challenge Plushenko, which obviously means beating Lambiel as well who does not challenge Plushenko. The skating commentators and writers say that too.

Like I said judges had no choice but to give Lambiel his medals. He had quads, and his competitors either had no quads and also made mistakes, or the ones with quads had more mistakes. The judges were in a corner and had no choice but to give him the medals they have. He has never been given anything in his career.

slutskayafan21 said:
IF Lysacek, Weir, Buttle, Joubert, Sandhu, Oda, and Takashi skated cleanly with quads they could challenge Plushenko..
If wishes were horses, Slute-fan. The fact of the matter is, none of these skaters, nor Lambiel, ever in their lives skated cleanly with a quad, while Plushenko does it routinely every time out.

So I don't think you can draw any conclusions from that.

MM

PS. But if you think that Lambiel should have been given the world bronze medal in 2004 over hometown boy Lindemann, I might go along with that. ;)

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Fans and "experts" hardly have to hate Lambiel to say that Weir could beat Lambiel if he skated clean; they can predict this by looking at the protocols.

Weir has relatively consistent, textbook perfect triple axels, and Lambiel's are not remotely consistent, and Weir has been given high PCS consistently. His flow and edge quality are unsurpassable. Add at least one quad, and his jump difficulty will exceed Lambiel's. His spins and footwork are excellent. There's no reason for him not to beat Lambiel if both skate clean with quad(s).

Lysacek has gotten higher spin scores because of levels, and his triple axel, while not consistent or textbook, is more consistent than Lambiel's. Lysacek would have to raise his PCS to be competitive with Lambiel, though. Sandhu has the same triple axel problems that Lambiel does, and he has among the best footwork and spins in the world. If he lands the quad and the triple axel, then he should be competitive with Lambiel, especially given his consistently high PCS; Sandhu got high pre scores in international competition before Lambiel was even on the senior circuit. Buttle is generally inconsistent with jumps, usually the 3A and/or 3Lz and/or 3Lo, but if he skates clean with a landed quad, his protocols support a win over Lambiel.

Takahashi is an exciting skater, and has much of Lambiel's danceability, spark, and dramatic explosiveness. I think people were taken by him this year on GP, and hoped for him to be competitive.

Last edited:

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
hockeyfan228 said:
Fans and "experts" hardly have to hate Lambiel to say that Weir could beat Lambiel if he skated clean; they can predict this by looking at the protocols.

Weir has relatively consistent, textbook perfect triple axels, and Lambiel's are not remotely consistent, and Weir has been given high PCS consistently. His flow and edge quality are unsurpassable. Add at least one quad, and his jump difficulty will exceed Lambiel's. His spins and footwork are excellent. There's no reason for him not to beat Lambiel if both skate clean with quad(s).

Lysacek has gotten higher spin scores because of levels, and his triple axel, while not consistent or textbook, is more consistent than Lambiel's. Lysacek would have to raise his PCS to be competitive with Lambiel, though. Sandhu has the same triple axel problems that Lambiel does, and he has among the best footwork and spins in the world. If he lands the quad and the triple axel, then he should be competitive with Lambiel, especially given his consistently high PCS; Sandhu got high pre scores in international competition before Lambiel was even on the senior circuit. Buttle is generally inconsistent with jumps, usually the 3A and/or 3Lz and/or 3Lo, but if he skates clean with a landed quad, his protocols support a win over Lambiel.

Takahashi is an exciting skater, and has much of Lambiel's danceability, spark, and dramatic explosiveness. I think people were taken by him this year on GP, and hoped for him to be competitive.

Actually everything you said proves the hatred against Lambiel, thank you very much.

Weir has slower and weaker spins than Lambiel and should get lower spin scores. His jumps are smaller, and dont have clean takeoffs on some, and should get lower GEO scores. Lambiel does two quads as well. His PCS does not deserve anything higher than Lambiel either, except maybe in skating skills, every other area Lambiel is as good or better. However he is American and Lambiel is Swiss, if both were American none of that would be the case. Inconsistent triple axels would not come into play if both skated cleanly since Lambiel would be hitting his triple axels and that situation and two quads would give him the jump difficultly edge. If both skate cleanly with quads the only reason for Weir to come ahead is being American.

Lysacek get very generous PCS scores as it is. If he were Swiss he would get low 6s in PCS. His spin levels dont justify getting higher spin scores than Lambiel, Lambiel should be so much higher in GOE that it does not matter. However judges give Lysacek's slower, uglier spins that travel almost the same GOE.

Buttle and Sandhu also are not any better than Lambiel if they all skate cleanly with quads, although all three should be above Weir or Lysacek. Buttle or Sandhu would get higher scores being American, and Lambiel higher scores being either American or Canadian.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Mathman said:
If wishes were horses, Slute-fan. The fact of the matter is, none of these skaters, nor Lambiel, ever in their lives skated cleanly with a quad, while Plushenko does it routinely every time out.

So I don't think you can draw any conclusions from that.

MM

PS. But if you think that Lambiel should have been given the world bronze medal in 2004 over hometown boy Lindemann, I might go along with that. ;)

Lambiel is said to have no chance vs Plushenko even if he skated cleanly with quads while Sandhu, Buttle, Weir, Lysacek, Oda, Takahashi, and Joubert are all given a chance to do so. So there you go.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
slutskayafan21 said:
Everybody on every skating board I am on says that if Lysacek, Weir, Buttle, Joubert, Sandhu, Oda, and Takashi skated cleanly with quads they could challenge Plushenko, which obviously means beating Lambiel as well who does not challenge Plushenko. The skating commentators and writers say that too.

"Everybody on every skating board..."
"The skating commentators and writers say..."
Why do I get the impression that you watch Fox news? :laugh:
Please provide specific quotes from actual people when you go off on these little tirades, honey. Your credibility suffers when you don't.
xoxo
Rave
(who just looooooves Lambiel, BTW)