Why is Lambiel so hated by all? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Why is Lambiel so hated by all?

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
lotusland said:
Every broadcast I have ever heard, or article I have read, has without a doubt credited Lambiel as being one of the best, if not the best, spinner in the world.

If you admit this then he should get marks for this and he doesnt which is evidence of the judges hating him, and fans dont defend him getting lower marks on spins than much weaker spinners than Plushenko and Lysacek despite agreeing he has the best spins in most cases, which is an example of fans hating him as well.

sk8m8

Final Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusland
Every broadcast I have ever heard, or article I have read, has without a doubt credited Lambiel as being one of the best, if not the best, spinner in the world.

If you admit this then he should get marks for this and he doesnt which is evidence of the judges hating him, and fans dont defend him getting lower marks on spins than much weaker spinners than Plushenko and Lysacek despite agreeing he has the best spins in most cases, which is an example of fans hating him as well.

Double. Double. Toil and Trouble.
The troll continues to churn.
Ever notice how trolls often start out their post with inflammitory questions/remarks???

OH, BTW, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, a troll is someone who is interested in stirring dissent rather than encouraging discussion

SusanBeth

Final Flight
slutskayafan21 said:

You act like Lambiel's spinning is consistant in quality. Unfortunately, this is not so. A honest look at his lp makes this abundantly clear. IMO, it might help if you stopped trying to judge by what Lambiel could have done and start looking at what he did do. Just as the best jumpers can 2 foot a jump, the best of spinners can be slow and sloppy. At his best, Lambiel can outspin the other men. At less than his best, he is beatable. He was less than his best on several spins during the lp.

shine

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
Uh, I think you are pretty hopeless.

luvsasha

Final Flight
Does anybody at this forum really and truly HATE a skater or do they just dislike their style?

and I like Stephane, BTW.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
SusanBeth said:
You act like Lambiel's spinning is consistant in quality. Unfortunately, this is not so. A honest look at his lp makes this abundantly clear. IMO, it might help if you stopped trying to judge by what Lambiel could have done and start looking at what he did do. Just as the best jumpers can 2 foot a jump, the best of spinners can be slow and sloppy. At his best, Lambiel can outspin the other men. At less than his best, he is beatable. He was less than his best on several spins during the lp.

First of all:

1)His spins were clearly superior to both Plushenko and Lysacek in the Oly long program, the fact some people think they were not is an example of the extreme hate for him that I referred to.

2)He always gets some of the lowest spin scores of all the men. He has some of the worst spins of the Worlds top 10 according to the judges. The same commentators and experts who say repeatedly they are the best let this go by without pointing it out or defending it, another example of the hate towards him.

Slute-fan, I have this sincere wish for you, that the only "hatred" you ever encounter in life is that someone doesn't like your sit spin. :)

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Mathman said:
Slute-fan, I have this sincere wish for you, that the only "hatred" you ever encounter in life is that someone doesn't like your sit spin. :)

I put the poll you closed on another skating forum. It will be interesting to see how many people concede he would score 20 points higher at every event if he were Russian or American, a very obvious fact. Imagine the scores skaters like Joubert, Lysacek, and Weir would get as well if they were Swiss, Bulgarian, or Lithunian, LOL! They would have to get a quad, become more consistent, and in Lysacek and Joubert`s case improve their presentation greatly for us to even hear of them. They are very lucky they are not from a small obscure country with no influence since none of them are good enough to be recognized to the extent of Lambiel or the Bulgarian and Lithunian dance teams if they were.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
and in Lysacek and Joubert`s case improve their presentation greatly for us to even hear of them.

I think I'd notice Evan more than Joubert, no matter where he was from...

but that's right, I'm a biased American so I don't count :laugh: give it up we can like both... and so can the judges!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
He is hated by fans and experts since fans and experts all say Buttle, Weir, Lysacek, Oda, and Takahashi with quads and clean skates would beat him everytime, that Joubert and Sandhu with clean skates would beat him everytime.

To come up with what his scores would be, I have come up with a scoring system that determines what his score would be if he were from a more powerful and prominent country. This is what he would gain at each competition:

Russia-add 20 points
U.S-add 20 points
France-add 15 points
Canada-add 10 points
Japan-add 10 points

The good thing is he lost the Oly gold by over 20 points to Plushenko so even if he were from Russia or the U.S he did not skate well enough to win the Olympics.

Does this mean Irina automatically got 20 unearned points for SWR?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Somehow I think if Plushy had won by less than 20 points the SWR scale would have been revised?

Sfan I think you take the opinions of fans and experts waaaaay to seriously.

This Lambiel thread has been getting boring, more boring and now most boring.

It's all about an injured skater not at his best but still able to get a silver medal. Care to read more?

Joe

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
slutskayafan21 said:
Some of you may be trying to tell me this guy is not disliked, but when people like hockeyfan228 come in and say that a clean Weir, clean Buttle, clean Lysacek, clean Sandhu, and clean Takahashi with quads should all beat a clean Lambiel with quads; and includes outright lies in his accessment(eg-Weir having better spins than Lambiel, ROTFL) it just further demonstrates to me how disliked Lambiel is. Sorry.

In my opinion that does not demonstrate anything about how liked or disliked some skater is. The only thing it demonstrates, is that many skating fans are blinded fans. They put the name of their favourite into predictions and lists, whether it is likely or not for her/him to win. It could be that many of Lambiel fans are more realistic, perhaps? Also lots of skating fans tend to vote their favourite for beautiful or handsome, cute, hot, etc. in cases where normal people with a good eyesight have a very different opinion, LOL.

As far as I have understood from postings on various forums, Lambiel is popular and very well liked.

Jaana - That is so true about some fans with blinded love for a favorite.

At Marshalls, MK skated so poorly yet understandably. Still some people voted her best in that albeit silly competition.

It would be nice if fans looked at the competitions with some objectivity, but their ardor for the favorite wont let them.

Joe

Linny

Final Flight
Fan voting

Fan voting is always rather silly. After all, even a blind person can see that neither Jerry Rice nor Drew Lachey could dance, yet people voted for them. They really aren't voting for a certain skill set.

I have 11 year old students who told me that on Valentine's Day, the rule was that if you gave someone a Valentine during the class card exchange, you had to give one to everyone in the class. The educator apparently disdains popularity contents at school.

A wise teacher, that one.

Linny

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Piel said:
Does this mean Irina automatically got 20 unearned points for SWR?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Somehow I think if Plushy had won by less than 20 points the SWR scale would have been revised?

Sfan I think you take the opinions of fans and experts waaaaay to seriously.

Actually there are 3 different types of influence allowed per country-full influence, partial influence, and no influence. Per country these are the points allocated per country potentialy depending if they are able to allocate that influence for their skaters:

Russia, Ukraine, U.S-20 points full influence(13.33 long, 6.67 short; dance 4 compulsory, 6 original, 10 free dance); 10 points partial influence(6.67 long, 3.33
short; dance compulsory 2, 3 original, 5 free dance); 0 points no influence.

France, Italy-15 points full influence(10 long, 5 short; dance 2 compulsory, 3 original, 5 free dance); 7.5 points partial influence(5 long, 2.5 short; dance 1.5 compulsory dance, 2.25 original, 3.75 free dance); 0 points no influence.

Poland, China, Canada, Japan-10 points full influence(6.67 long, 3.33 short; dance 2 compulsory,
3 original, 5 free dance); 5 points partial influence(3.33 long, 1.67 short; dance
1 compulsory, 1.5 original, 2.5 free dance); 0 points no influence.

Czechs-5 points full influence(3.33 long, 1.67 short; dance 1 compulsory, 1.5 original, 2.5 free dance); 2.5 points partial influence(1.67 long, 0.83 short; dance 0.5 compulsory, 0.75 original, 1.25 free dance); 0 points no influence.

All other countries: zero points additional

A country must select which skaters to use their available influence for, but they alone do not make that decision. Depending which skaters they have already determined to use their full influence and partial influence for, they may not be able to get the full or partial influence for some others. Interesting I redid the result from Turin determining which skaters receive the full or partial influence that were from powerful countries. Skaters that were American or Russian for example who received no influence were Savoie and Inoue and Baldwin, and thus finished below skaters who were from countries that did that did not neccessarily outperform them. Skaters from powerful countries who received full influence were Cohen, Lysacek, Joubert, and Zhang and Zhang. Skaters from powerful countries who received partial but not full were Weir, Slutskaya, and Petrova and Tikhonov. The new results were far superior and show how well the event would have been judged without the allocated quoto of scoring influence given per power of country to the distinguisably powerful countries.

Dibs

Rinkside
slutskayafan21 said:
Actually there are 3 different types of influence allowed per country-full influence, partial influence, and no influence. Per country these are the points allocated per country potentialy depending if they are able to allocate that influence for their skaters:

Russia, Ukraine, U.S-20 points full influence(13.33 long, 6.67 short; dance 4 compulsory, 6 original, 10 free dance); 10 points partial influence(6.67 long, 3.33

France, Italy-15 points full influence(10 long, 5 short; dance 2 compulsory, 3 original, 5 free dance); 7.5 points partial influence(5 long, 2.5 short; dance 1.5 compulsory dance, 2.25 original, 3.75 free dance); 0 points no influence.

Poland, China, Canada, Japan-10 points full influence(6.67 long, 3.33 short; dance 2 compulsory,
3 original, 5 free dance); 5 points partial influence(3.33 long, 1.67 short; dance

Czechs-5 points full influence(3.33 long, 1.67 short; dance 1 compulsory, 1.5 original, 2.5 free dance); 2.5 points partial influence(1.67 long, 0.83 short; dance 0.5 compulsory, 0.75 original, 1.25 free dance); 0 points no influence.

A country must select which skaters to use their available influence for, but they alone do not make that decision. Depending which skaters they have already determined to use their full influence and partial influence for, they may not be able to get the full or partial influence for some others. Interesting I redid the result from Turin determining which skaters receive the full or partial influence that were from powerful countries. Skaters that were American or Russian for example who received no influence were Savoie and Inoue and Baldwin, and thus finished below skaters who were from countries that did that did not neccessarily outperform them. Skaters from powerful countries who received full influence were Cohen, Lysacek, Joubert, and Zhang and Zhang. Skaters from powerful countries who received partial but not full were Weir, Slutskaya, and Petrova and Tikhonov. The new results were far superior and show how well the event would have been judged without the allocated quoto of scoring influence given per power of country to the distinguisably powerful countries.

Are you a skating insider? Is that where you're getting this information? Or is this a system you concluded on your own? I'm not being sarcastic here; I'm really curious. You always post about conspiracy theories, and I just want to know where you're getting your information.

SusanBeth

Final Flight
slutskayafan21 said:

Basically, you are saying that some countries have a great deal of influence in the ISU, some have a little influence, and others have no influence? STOP the presses! You know I have always suspected that countries with strong skating programs, skaters, coaches, and a wide fan base had a competitive edge over those that didn't. They probably are more connected within the ISU! Imagine that! Do you really think the Federations lobby harder for some of their skaters than they do for others? Who knew? Maybe they actually promote their best skaters just because they have a better chance at success. Those fiends!

Now, I can only ask, with all that going on, why would they have to fool with alloted quotas for cheating? Could cheaters cheat only by the guidelines?

"Per country these are the points allocated per country potentialy depending if they are able to allocate that influence for their skaters:"

So this means- those are the points some skaters might possibly get, if their country has managed to get enough influence, AND can actually use the influence they might potentially have gotten. Otherwise, they won't get the points.

:rolleye:

This is getting too silly!

Last edited:
SusanBeth said:
Basically, you are saying that some countries have a great deal of influence in the ISU, some have a little influence, and others have no influence? STOP the presses! You know I have always suspected that countries with strong skating programs, skaters, coaches, and a wide fan base had a competitive edge over those that didn't. They probably are more connected within the ISU! Imagine that! Do you really think the Federations lobby harder for some of their skaters than they do for others? Who knew? Maybe they actually promote their best skaters just because they have a better chance at success. Those fiends!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well, not really. Piseyev is Speedy's right hand man in the ISU. He has influcence but affecting outcome of a competition is not proveable. Just a theory.

The Americans have a lot of money to influence. Do they? Just wondering.

Switzerland has to do it the hard way yet it did get a silver medal. Lucky.

Poor Mexico. No chance in sight.

Joe