Why is Lambiel so hated by all? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Why is Lambiel so hated by all?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
Everybody on every skating board I am on says that if Lysacek, Weir, Buttle, Joubert, Sandhu, Oda, and Takashi skated cleanly with quads they could challenge Plushenko, which obviously means beating Lambiel as well who does not challenge Plushenko.

you post on this board, correct?

I also post on this board, yes?

I HAVE NEVER STATED what you just said EVERYBODY has said... so either I am outside of this body of people, or you have just misrepresented a fact...

so again I ask you to back it up with REAL evidence, not just "everybody/somebody/nobody"

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
Actually everything you said proves the hatred against Lambiel, thank you very much.

Weir has slower and weaker spins than Lambiel and should get lower spin scores. His jumps are smaller, and dont have clean takeoffs on some, and should get lower GEO scores.
Actually, no. Some of Lambiel's spins are faster than Weir's and some of them aren't. According to the CoP, Weir's are harder, and travel a little less.

Weir's jumps are not smaller, he enters them with more speed, and he covers more distance than just about any other skater, which is quite obvious watching them both live. Lambiel has a very high 4Toe, but the rest of his jumps don't have that much height. Weir has superior run-out more of the time.

FauveNik

Rinkside
Lambiel is a elegant, fluid yet exciting skater and lets us not forget, he did WIN the silver.... did not see Jonny Wier on the podium....
Fauve:)

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
FauveNik said:
Lambiel is a elegant, fluid yet exciting skater and lets us not forget, he did WIN the silver.... did not see Jonny Wier on the podium....
Fauve:)

Yes he is so superior to Weir most of the time the judges have no choice but to place the superior Lambiel ahead.

Hey Slutefan - If you really want to put down Lambiel, don't use the word 'hate''.

To best put him down you could rephrase the question to read something like this: Why have so many fans lost interest in Lambiel?

Of course, you would be implying that so many fans at one time did love him. I would doubt that but at least it is better than listing all those competitors that he wins over.

I think a World Champion and a Silver Olympiad speaks for itself. Not necessary to put him down. Not bad for an injured skater.

Maybe MM was right, you don't like his hair. I would think it was his cologne.:)

Joe

mzheng

Record Breaker
I love this guy's skating from the first time lay eye on him. A lot of musicality back in those days. Now he may lost a little this quality under the CoP. But I still love his style.

redladybug21

Rinkside
That's kinda weird to say people hate him, he's got a massive fan base and I think he's pretty great. At least when he skates he's got the whole package not just jumps like some other skaters. He's got a pure joy and passion for skating that is really likable.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
mzheng said:
I love this guy's skating from the first time lay eye on him. A lot of musicality back in those days. Now he may lost a little this quality under the CoP. But I still love his style.

COP kills quality, which is why a quality skater like Lambiel scores lower than he deserves under COP.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
Yes he is so superior to Weir most of the time the judges have no choice but to place the superior Lambiel ahead.
The question is whether Weir would be ahead of Lambiel if his jump content was increased. That is yet to be seen.

If both Weir and Lambiel skate cleanly and with quads, and the judges have "no choice but to place the superior Lambiel ahead," that refutes your argument about how much the judges "hate" Lambiel.

Serena

Rinkside
Making predictions in which Lambiel doesn't win isn't hatred, it's called an opinion. It doesn't mean anyone hates him. I like Stephane Lambiel a lot, but I do prefer a couple of other skaters. Having an opinion that doesn't match yours isn't a crime.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Davey25, ooops, Slutskayafan21, honey, I think you enjoy this perceived persecution. I think it gets you all excited and gooey to come on the board and "defend" your "hated" skater.

Oh, so you all know, this same poster told us on another board that we ALL love Brian Joubert. All of us. Everyone.

Ah, to be able to see the world in strictly black and white....

shdotz

On the Ice
Lambiel

slutskayafan21 said:
It seems like judges, skating fans, and experts all hate this guy and his skating. Why is it?

Who is "All"?

This is the first I've heard this statement and I hope it's the last time.

Quite the opposite, I think, Lambiel is a favorite.

Besides being a good skater, he's always smiling and appears to be a gentle soul.

Could you further identify your sources?

I'm glad he medaled.

shdotz:)

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I'm a bit surprised by this topic myself; I know there are quite a few Lambiel fans on this board.

I personally am neutral when it comes to him. I could care less whether or not any of those guys land a quad or not (as long as they're not falling around all over the place), so if he supposedly can't consistently land one that doesn't bother me.

I do find his skating style to be a bit -- busy. Actually, I think "overchoreographed" would be a better word; too much going on sometimes. However -- given how many "underchoreographed" programs we see on a regular basis, this is almost more of a compliment than a criticism.... :) Believe me, he's probably about the only skater I have this sort of problem with.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Well I certainly don't hate Lambiel. I'm not a huge fan of men's skating in general right now, but Lambiel is one of the few that I actually DO enjoy.

Kasey

Medalist
Someone needs to stop overgeneralizing and exaggerating. All of the skating fans I know either love Lambiel, or don't care so much for him but really respect his talents. I have yet to meet anyone who "hates" the boy.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
It seems like judges, skating fans, and experts all hate this guy and his skating. Why is it?

Our Canadian judges, coaches, commentators and skating fans love Lambiel. Paul Martini couldn't say enough great things about Stephen. His spinning technique is to be envied by all. Heck, Stephen could teach a spinning clinic.

The only negative thing I heard about any of the men was from the US commentators, including Dick Button and Scott Hamilton regarding their costumes. They think most of the men - including Stephen Lambiel - could use some makeovers in their costume decisions. I don't think that sounds like they hate Lambiel!!!

Dibs

Rinkside
Slutfan, I don't think that Lambiel is hated in the skating world. I adore Lambiel's skating, especially his spins! I remember hearing that Lambiel was scored lower in his spins due to his choice to utilize fewer positions to showcase the beauty of a held spin. It was my understanding that he hoped to make up the point difference by receiving a higher PCS. Regardless, he is a talented skater and his world standing and WC gold medal testifies to this.

Really, it all comes down to bias. If a judge, skating fan, or whoever prefer a certain thing (great jumps, fast spins, artistry, speed, etc.) they going to praise the skater that demonstrates the quality or qualities they like. If a judge prefers Takahashi's style to Lambiel's style, of course he will score Takahashi higher and vice versa. A skating fan will overlook the flaws of a preferred skater while being quicker to point out the flaws of other skaters. It's all a matter of opinion and bias.

From your posts, I gather you dislike Sasha and loathe Lysacek. You're quick to point out and list their flaws and argue their competition placements. But other posters will defend them just as quickly and highlight all of their skating skills with just as much gusto. It's all a matter of opinion and a willingness to overlook the flaws of the personally loved skater.

It all boils down to what you like, and once a fan, judge, or anybody picks the a style of skating or even particular skater they love they'll back that skater. It's just the nature of the beast.