Splatfest...The Pictorial | Golden Skate

Splatfest...The Pictorial

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
And who says Cohen never hits a bad position??????????

Wow, thats a LOT of falls. Most pics are at least mildly amusing, but i still cring when I see those of Zhang and Dubreil. Ouch.

dancindiva03 said:
And who says Cohen never hits a bad position?
Actually, the first Sasha picture is a very pretty position. She looks like she is jumping into a swimming pool. :yes:

Irina number two is a little ungainly.

cosmictears10

On the Ice
fusar poli and margaglio's pick looks like she is trying to rip his face off! I think that is my favorite considering her reaction after the original dance!

FreeKatie

On the Ice
Mathman said:
Actually, the first Sasha picture is a very pretty position. She looks like she is jumping into a swimming pool. :yes:

u're right, she even falls prettier than everyone else. the last photo is very dramatic ;)

Skater_Kid

Rinkside
a lot of these pics are of the same fall just from a different angle ......and how come there is only one of eman and three of buttle when eman fell like 4 times and buttle only fell twice in both the short and long?...just wondering....

Skater_Kid said:
...how come there is only one of eman and three of buttle when eman fell like 4 times and buttle only fell twice in both the short and long?...just wondering....
Idleracer is a big Eman fan.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Considering that there were so many splats in so many disciplines, I am wondering if there could have been a problem with the ice?

IDLERACER

Medalist
cosmictears10 said:
fusar poli and margaglio's pick looks like she is trying to rip his face off! I think that is my favorite considering her reaction after the original dance!
Actually, I think it looks more like she's sticking her fingers up his nose. Very undignified.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
attyfan said:
Considering that there were so many splats in so many disciplines, I am wondering if there could have been a problem with the ice?

During the ice dancing competition Tracy Wilson was asked a similar question about all the falls. Her answer was that everyone was adding more technical difficulty to their programs to get more points under the COP system.

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I cant remember who said it, but it was apparently a challenge for the glacial technicians to find a happy medium between the ideal ice for short track and figure skating.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
LOL....these are so wrong....but so right! The second Irina shot is definitely.....interesting. I love the Inoue & Baldwin one. He has such a, "Oh, oh....my bad...." expression on his face. But, at least he didn't get the Barbara Fusar-Poli treatment in the Kiss & Cry afterward.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I cry when I see Marie-France and Patrice. That definitely hurt. I really don't see the purpose of this posting. A lot of these skaters took hard falls, making fun of them is not nice. Where are your nice pills?

ladysarahchatto

On the Ice
Ladskater said:
I cry when I see Marie-France and Patrice. That definitely hurt. I really don't see the purpose of this posting. A lot of these skaters took hard falls, making fun of them is not nice. Where are your nice pills?

Agreed. It was hard to watch those skaters take such falls and for many of them their Olympic dreams crashing to the ice. Zhang and Marie-France were both hurt quite badly too. Not funny at all. :disagree:

attyfan said:

I wondered that the night of the Original Dance. It was so unusual. I think I can count on one hand the times I've seen Ice Dancers fall at an elite competition these past couple of years.

Last edited:

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
BronzeisGolden said:
LOL....these are so wrong....but so right! The second Irina shot is definitely.....interesting. .
:laugh:

Where are your nice pills?
I don't know about Idleracer, but my perscription expired about 15 years ago. :laugh:

Last edited: