• 4th or 5th

Votes: 32 32.7%
  • out of top 5

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters

Kasey

Medalist
anything_for_skating said:
:disagree: :disagree: :disagree: :sheesh: :no: :disagree: :sheesh: :no: :disagree: :disagree: :disapp: :disapp: :disapp: :disapp:

I didn't say that judges should do that, but really, don't you think Irina deserves gold? She was sick, she even couldn't walk, she came back and still id the best. And don't forget that everything this happened after that robbery at SLC 2002!!!

No, I don't think she deserves the gold. Regardless of what you may have seen, she did NOT do the best. Or she would have won. In spite of what has happened off the ice, the performance ON THE ICE at that particular competition SHOULD be what determines the gold.

The "robbery" at SLC 2002.... :sheesh:

And as far as not being able to walk, neither could Alexander Abt after his quad muscle injury. Should he have been gifted with the gold in SLC because he came back from that? Read Rudy Galindo's autobiography....heck, under your "deservedness", he should have been world champion, many times over, regardless of how he skated.

Someone does not DESERVE a medal of any color unless they earn it WITH THEIR SKATING!!! Not because they've had illness, or injury, or their parents divorced, or they grew up in a war-torn country, or they've sacrificed and only see their family once a year because of training, or or or.....THAT is what I am saying. Whatever I think of Slutskaya is totally beside the point.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
That's why you have a poll. To see what people think. Even Sasha's mom has a right to vote.

Or for that matter, the girl herself! (OK, I guess it's a bit funny to vote in your own poll, but there's no rule that says she can't).

I think the placements were right. Yes, she blew it. Yes, she fell twice. But she really was the Second Best Skater that Night.

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
Kasey said:
No, I don't think she deserves the gold. Regardless of what you may have seen, she did NOT do the best. Or she would have won. In spite of what has happened off the ice, the performance ON THE ICE at that particular competition SHOULD be what determines the gold.

The "robbery" at SLC 2002.... :sheesh:

And as far as not being able to walk, neither could Alexander Abt after his quad muscle injury. Should he have been gifted with the gold in SLC because he came back from that? Read Rudy Galindo's autobiography....heck, under your "deservedness", he should have been world champion, many times over, regardless of how he skated.

Someone does not DESERVE a medal of any color unless they earn it WITH THEIR SKATING!!! Not because they've had illness, or injury, or their parents divorced, or they grew up in a war-torn country, or they've sacrificed and only see their family once a year because of training, or or or.....THAT is what I am saying. Whatever I think of Slutskaya is totally beside the point.

Irina Forever!

Teresa Dawn

On the Ice
anything_for_skating said:
:disagree: :disagree: :disagree: :sheesh: :no: :disagree: :sheesh: :no: :disagree: :disagree: :disapp: :disapp: :disapp: :disapp:

I didn't say that judges should do that, but really, don't you think Irina deserves gold? She was sick, she even couldn't walk, she came back and still id the best. And don't forget that everything this happened after that robbery at SLC 2002!!!

I had the flu awhile ago... lost my hearing for quite awhile... Sure not as sick as Irina though I admit.... but I'll settle for a silver Olympic medal...

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I see the situation in this way: After the short programme Sasha, Irina and Shizuka were extremely close. There practically was no difference, so it was the freeskate performance that decided the colour of the medal for each of them (unless a total melt-down). In freeskate Shizuka was definetely the best one, and between Sasha and Irina, Sasha´s performance was better. Sasha gave a very strong performance after her two early mistakes. It was great to see that she did not give up.

After short programme results there was no other skater close enough to be able to medal, not while Shizuka, Sasha and Irina gave the freeskate performances they did.

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
No change.

You get what you skate, no "deserve it because you have fallen on hard times." But "over all skater / personality of the past 2 years," I would hand to Irina

Same feeling I have about MK even attempting to go, even though She is a Fav. of mine.;) Glad she tried, but Emmy should have already been in Torino "it was unavoidable."

For once I think they got it right, Irina just didn't have to programme to make a differance and Sasha recovered amazingly (she should be used to it anyway).:thumbsup:

Shi-chan was a Godess of the Ice that night and put togather the right programme to win.:bow:

Just an Oppinion, besides most people have me on iggnore postst by seanibu by now anyway.:biggrin: