skaters '90 - '93 | Golden Skate

skaters '90 - '93

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
Hi everyone
I am here for a long time and I was hoping I will meet some skaters my age (less or more)
so, skaters 90-93, write here!
I wanna talk about your programs, jumps, skating....
How is your skating? Any competitions soon? Write!

Milochka:biggrin:

icy fresh

On the Ice
Hey that's me! I was born in 1992! I have a competition this month and I'll be competing in two events. What level are you? You live in Serbia? That's awesome!

CDMM1991

Medalist
Born in late '91 for me too! I currently at a pre-novice level [equal to intermediate in the US] and am taking my novice soon. I'm working on up to triple sal at the moment, but I don't have any competitions soon, just the novice test.

peachy

Rinkside
i was born three days shy of 1990 (december 28, '89) does that count?

p.s. good luck on your novice test CDMM1991!!

icy fresh

On the Ice
After my competition this month, I plan on just working on getting the rest of my doubles clean and consistent. I want to be comfortable with doing all of my doubles in my program with speed before I compete with them. My goal is to compete as a Novice in 2007.

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
Well Hi everyone! Ahhh...I'm so happy that a lot of you want to talk about this!
OK, to start.
icy fresh, yes, I live in Serbia. I don't understand your "American" levels and tests, but here's what I can tell you about our categories. Here, categories are like everywhere in Europe. For this year:
chiks- born in 1998 and younger
cubs- born in 1997 and 1996
springs- born in 1995 and 1994
debs- born in 1993 and 1992
The rest you know. Novice, Juniors, Senniors. Here we have Nationals for younger (chiks,cubs,springs and debs) and older (Novice, J,S) categories. I don't think it's like that in America, is it?
I am Debs category now. I am going to competition soon! 7 days left! I can't wait!
But I don't know about Nationals, I mean, I don't know when will it be. I can't wait for it,too! Probably I'll compete in Novice.
I had one competition in December, an International one. It was only for younger categories.I finished 3rd in Debs. First was a girl from Russia, second from Croatia, so I think it's just fine to be third, is it?
I don't wanna talk about my jumps, I think it's a bad luck!:biggrin:
peachy,yeah, it counts!
remedy1107,hi! I think I was reading something in your thread recently
CDMM1991,good luck!
Oh, yes, one more thing, nice to meet you all and write again!

P.S. Sorry if there are mistakes, my English is not perfect! :)

icy fresh

On the Ice
No, your English is very good! What is your first language? Your levels are very different than in the US. Here we are grouped by level, not by age. That's awesome that you've done an International competition and got 3rd place! How long have you been skating and what are your favorite spins? I've been skating for 4 years - actually I started in February 2002 during the Olympics!

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
:biggrin:
icy fresh said:
No, your English is very good! What is your first language? Your levels are very different than in the US. Here we are grouped by level, not by age. That's awesome that you've done an International competition and got 3rd place! How long have you been skating and what are your favorite spins? I've been skating for 4 years - actually I started in February 2002 during the Olympics!

Hmm...when you say "first language" you probably mean my Native language...??? And another question from you was for how long am I skating. OK, those things, I mean questions are...I can say connected, so here is another story:
As I live in Serbia, I speak Serbian,ofcourse. But I speak Russian,too! My mom is Russian and here's the surprisse: she is my coach. She was born and she used to live and skate there :) I don't talk a lot about it because people usually have extremly bad opinion about coaches children. I am not like that. My mom is not a person who would say, you know "my child and nobody else". She is training a lot of children, not just me. And I am skating because I want it, not because of my mom. I would give anything for skating! :yes:
So, you can only emagine for how long am I skating. :biggrin:

My favuorite spins are definitly all knid of combinations! I like to try new things. I also like to do flying spins, camel and sit. Layback is the one I like best to watch while skaters are doing it, but I have some problems with my back so my layback is not great.

What are your musics? Short and free? My short is Libetrango, in modern version, and free is Art on ice! :love:

icy fresh

On the Ice
Anything for skating, my mom is a coach too! Sometimes she coaches me, but a lot of times it doesn't work out because I yell at her :eek:. She never forced me to skate, either. She always asked me if I wanted to skate when I was younger and I always said no. Then when I was 9, I was inspired by Sasha Cohen to start skating and have been ever since! I think that's awesome that you can speak so many languages!

peachy

Rinkside
anything_for_skating your english is great!!

Yeah my coaches daughter skates and from what I've seen it works out fine... I think it works as long as the skater is skating because she wants to, not becuase her mom wants her too!

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
Hey everybody!!!
What's up? How is skating?
peachy, thanks about English. Yeah, it works out, and I am really lucky that my mom is coach, and a good one! Well she used to skate in Russia and she was gooood...
......I can't wait for Tuesday, it's my birthday! And on Thursday I am going to competition! What a big week!

icy fresh

On the Ice
I know your birthday is tomorrow, but I don't know if I'll be able to get on here so HAPPY BIRTHDAY:birthday: anything_for_skating!

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
Thanks!!!!!
Tomorrow I will have the final practice before the competituon (I am going to Hungary) and I will skate it as on competition (6 min warm up) and then the program,in my BEAUTIFUL new dress!

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
icy fresh said:
Your levels are very different than in the US. Here we are grouped by level, not by age.

Oh, I always forget to say something about that...We are sorted by age, but we also do tests...not anyone can compete at Nationals...:)

icy fresh

On the Ice
anything_for_skating said:
Oh, I always forget to say something about that...We are sorted by age, but we also do tests...not anyone can compete at Nationals...:)

Oh ok! That makes more sense! :rock: Good luck at your competition!