Tonya Harding news | Golden Skate

Tonya Harding news

ladysarahchatto

On the Ice
Sk8harvest said:
Tonya back on the ice again...and on TV later this month.

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/celebrities/14036/

She has an amazing ability to find her way back into the public eye time and time again.

Actually I think around the time of the Olympics it's the media which demonstrates an amazing ability to seek her out. I guess both sides figure I'll scratch your back if you'll scratch mine. It's Cheezy all the way. But the tv powers that be seem to think the public is buying it. :/

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They had a clip of her the other night on ET. Tonya is still quite heavy. They showed her skating around the rink. In my opinion she reminded me of one of those bouncing balls going back and forth.

Dee

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Joe, I don't know if you really feel sorry or if you're making fun at her. I'm not saying you're wrong. You do have to feel a little sorry that someone got so off track because of their childhood that they end up that way. Think how great it would have been had she been raised differently and would have had such a great career. That really is sad.

gio

Medalist
She was an outstanding skater! I feel so sorry for her that she ruined her career. I still like to watch her SP and LP at 1991 Skate America.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
gio said:
She was an outstanding skater! I feel so sorry for her that she ruined her career. I still like to watch her SP and LP at 1991 Skate America.

Before the Nancy whack back in the day, I admit I enjoyed Tonya's skating. She was a little rough around the edges but she had talent. I remember the media referred to hear as an athletic skater and Nancy as the graceful skater.
She was young and stupid and she is lucky she did not end up in jail.

John King

Final Flight
Memory loss?

demarinis5 said:
Before the Nancy whack back in the day, I admit I enjoyed Tonya's skating. She was a little rough around the edges but she had talent. I remember the media referred to hear as an athletic skater and Nancy as the graceful skater.
She was young and stupid and she is lucky she did not end up in jail.

Tonya DID end up in jail,twice!Short stints,3 days and 8 days,but it did happen.

ladysarahchatto

On the Ice
gio said:

Apart from the jumps, I remember I liked her deep, powerful strokes across the ice.

kyla2

Final Flight
Tonya

This is a kid who had the childhood from hell. All she had was her skating. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to rise above her miserable family environment. I feel terribly sorry for her. She had an amazing talent, and she squandered it, and whatever was left of her reputation. But having said all that, I wish her well and a happier and better rest of her life.

IDLERACER

Medalist
Click HERE, and then click on the little video icon on the left. If you've got a pop-up blocker, you'll have to hold down your Ctrl key. there's a brief commercial before the performance. :eek: Amazingly enough, she can still do a pretty decent scratch spin, even with all that extra weight.

chania36

On the Ice
I was quite surprise when I've seen her on t.v. the other night doing this interview, I was watching it and at first, I did not recognised that it was her, when I finally realised that it was, I was in shock. She look so much different then before and its been not that long ago... if we think about the 94 olympics, pretty much every skater I think of being in the olympics, I can recognised when I see them on tv, but her, I was shocked how different she looked... But I wish her the best, I just cant wish any bad things to anyone for any reasons, like a lot of people said here, she.'s been through so much when she was young, no one knows how difficult it was, does it excuse what she has done, I believe that the answer is NO. But a person can change and if she loves skating, I think that no one can argue on that, it is noticeable that she does love it and even if she is heavier, she did a very nice scratch spin... If she wants to get in shape again, she could still do nice things, she is in love with skating and maybe this can heal her... All the best to her...

76olympics

On the Ice
Should Tonya be involved with a show called "Anything to Win"? A very unfortunate title when paired with her history.......