Sasha enjoys the spotlight in Hollywood | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sasha enjoys the spotlight in Hollywood

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Again, I point to ice dance. If they can have 'hair-down' ballets, for heaven's sake, they can have programs where that unflattering, stapled-to-the-skull bun is innapropriate, too! (On some girls it looks nice. Sasha's face shape is definitely NOT flattered by it, though. There has to be some way she can pull it up that's softer.)

76olympics

On the Ice
I would guess that the jumping makes it more difficult to have loose hair in singles or pairs versus dance. I know my wild hair would have been all in my face and my vision is nothing to brag about even without that handicap! Sometimes, the ladies' hair will be down in exhibitions but usually the jumping is also less prevalent then too,

I have to agree that the dress is not one of Sasha's best looks. Could she wear her skating costume to that event? She looks beautiful in those!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Michelle did it during her exhibition at Marshall's 05...and she had many jumps in there, too. I don't think it's necessarily BAD but when you have to concentrate and jump 5-7 times I think it could be an unnecessary annoyance or distraction. If I was a lady out there and I was competing I'd probably tie my hair back too :laugh:

As for Cohen her face is rather round and her ears tend to stick out, so I think you're right. Check this close-up and see if you agree

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8823/32b1bs.jpg

Last edited:

CDMM1991

Medalist
In that Q&A that you posted Sasha says that she doesn't find either Jake Gyllenhaal or Heath Ledger attractive. I think it's safe to say that I am no longer a Sashafan :laugh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
CDMM1991 said:
In that Q&A that you posted Sasha says that she doesn't find either Jake Gyllenhaal or Heath Ledger attractive. I think it's safe to say that I am no longer a Sashafan :laugh:

You mean you WERE one in the first place? :laugh:

Lanie

On the Ice
I lightened up the image so we can see the details of the dress. Oh, Sasha, it would look good if you didn't do that stupid neckline!

ladysarahchatto

On the Ice
Lanie said:
I lightened up the image so we can see the details of the dress. Oh, Sasha, it would look good if you didn't do that stupid neckline!

She's beautiful, she's rich, she's got an Olympic Silver medal, and she's hanging out with movie stars. I'm sure she doesn't care about being on the Worst Dressed list! I can't wait to see what Joan Rivers says-if anything-on her wrap-up show tomorrow. :cool:

LBC

On the Ice
Leave it to Red Dog to save those pictures for us. :bow:

I agree about the neckline. Somebody with a chest could have a wardrobe malfuntion. She needs to take the top of the tent dress she had on earlier this week and put it on this one.

Like the previous poster said who cares if you get to meet movie stars.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Leave it to Red Dog to save those pictures for us.

yup...and while I'm at it, I also have a few rare ones...rare ones that no one will ever see...I think I now have over 10,000 photos in my figure skating collection...

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lanie said:

I think the dress is nice on Sasha. I think because it's black is that you can't tell the detail. The neckline is kind of a cowl neckline and is suppose to drape. We just can't see it because it's black on black.

In my opinion, Sasha would look nice in anything she wore.

Dee

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Lanie said:

Okay. that's not even the ugly black dress that I was talking about, I don't think! There was another one at Getty, I think, and I don't know what event it was from, but it had a very high waist and billowed out making her look VERY pregnant! This one here is kinda fugly, too, especially the neckline, but I think the other one was worse.

Gwendolyn

Rinkside
Red Dog said:
Michelle did it during her exhibition at Marshall's 05...and she had many jumps in there, too. I don't think it's necessarily BAD but when you have to concentrate and jump 5-7 times I think it could be an unnecessary annoyance or distraction. If I was a lady out there and I was competing I'd probably tie my hair back too :laugh:

As for Cohen her face is rather round and her ears tend to stick out, so I think you're right. Check this close-up and see if you agree

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8823/32b1bs.jpg

She looks like Yoda in that picture.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Gwendolyn said:
She looks like Yoda in that picture.

yes :rofl: I didn't notice but now that I think about it...

(now, let's leave it to MM to make a side by side comparison)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
dancindiva03 said:
This one here is kinda fugly, too, especially the neckline, but I think the other one was worse.
What does fugly mean??

Dee

soogar

Record Breaker
Lanie said:

Well at least her breasts aren't showing like that horrible photo of MK who neglected to wear a bra with a black dress.