Who is second best male skater after Plushenko? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who is second best male skater after Plushenko?

Second best male skater after Plushenko?

• Sandhu

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Buttle

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Joubert

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Weir

Votes: 69 27.6%
  • Lindemann

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Takahashi

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • Lysacek

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Oda

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 60 24.0%

• Total voters

Zazanuka

Rinkside
Eman i think. I think that his talent close to Plushy. Not about bad plushenko's choreographe, everybody know it. I mean potential.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
You can tell by how many votes Weir and Lysacek get that this is a very American forum. :chorus: Also too many people are voting for other, it is innappropriate for so many people to vote for other when other is supposed to be the spare option for the extreme few, since all the main options are already there.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
slutskayafan21 said:
Forgive me for assuming somebody who has won every competition he has completed in the last 2 years by 15 or more points under the COP is the best skater, as an obvious fact. My mistake. ;)

Dee4707 said:
If it is so obvious to you, why do you have to have a poll??

Dee

Dee, this poll is about the second best skater, LOL, isn´t it?

My vote goes to Lambiel, and I would see Lysacek as 3rd.

Big Deal

Final Flight
I hate this pre-judice!!!!
How do you think we have an opinion, Plushenko is the best?
I didn't vote, because the question was NOT fair!!!

RRjo

Spectator
Advantages of your favourite skater will not become greater if you humble the best skater of the world. Plush is far not only the jumper, you are blind or did not see his skating, I do not know.
My vote for Weir.

soogar

Record Breaker
How could you of all people create a poll without Lambiel's name?:p :biggrin:

Though of course you would never want Lambiel second to Plush of all people. :biggrin:

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
So is Barbara Fusar-Poli and she is crazy, and so is his ex-girlfriend. :rofl:
Can we assume by this that you mean his ex-girlfriend is Italian (but not crazy)?

Zazanuka

Rinkside
Joesitz said:
This topic does presuppose that Plushenko is the best male skater. That is a matter of opinion.

Joe

:chorus:

No, that is no a matter of opinion, that is a fact. But probably amusing performance of your favorite has provoked new splash of emotions to Really Big Thing?

Zazanuka said:
No, that is no a matter of opinion, that is a fact. But probably amusing performance of your favorite has provoked new splash of emotions to Really Big Thing?
I haven't a clue what you mean by Really Big Thing, and Kurt Browning is still the best for me but his days are closing in on him.

Favorites, and I assume Evgeni is your favorite, are a matter of opinion and everyone has their own. I didn't object to Evgeni. I questioned the topic!

I think it would have been better said: Which male skater at this point in time do you consider the best?. The answers, of course, would still be opinions.

Joe

Kasey

Medalist
Zazanuka said:
:chorus:

I have no clue what you are saying either, but it IS a matter of opinion. Being the best competitor, the most consistant, does not equate to best overall skater.

Niza

Rinkside
Joesitz said:
I haven't a clue what you mean by Really Big Thing, and Kurt Browning is still the best for me but his days are closing in on him.

Favorites, and I assume Evgeni is your favorite, are a matter of opinion and everyone has their own. I didn't object to Evgeni. I questioned the topic!

I think it would have been better said: Which male skater at this point in time do you consider the best?. The answers, of course, would still be opinions.

Joe

Kasey said:
I have no clue what you are saying either, but it IS a matter of opinion. Being the best competitor, the most consistant, does not equate to best overall skater.

Best overall skater.
Who is it? Personally I do not know, everyone without exception has lacks. And Kurt Browning too.
Everyone have personal favourites, without questions, but nobody cancelled the overall quality of skating, presentation, achievement, titles, it objectively.
You talk about "consistant" like about thing with poorly meaning, but it is one of the basic quality of the Great Champion - always or in most cases to present consistant skating.
It is impossible to compare with Browning because as athlete Plushy more stronger, he is the skater of other generation and nobody knows Plushenko's pro-career.

The problem with the wording of the title is what one calls a double barrel question. In law, a defence attorney would object strongly to such questions. The example would be: When did you stop beating your wife? Whatever one answers presupposes that at some time you did beat your wife. Defendants are not going to answer these types of questions.

Joe

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Joesitz said:
This topic does presuppose that Plushenko is the best male skater. That is a matter of opinion.

Joe

This poll is about eligible skaters of today and among them Plushenko definetely is the best. It is not a matter of opinion or a matter of fan opinions, it is the opinion of judges. From other eligible skaters no-one is even close to Plushenko´s achievements.