Getting to know you survey! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Getting to know you survey!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Ice cream - I love Baskins Robbins pralines & Cream and someday I'm going to get wild and get one with hot fudge on it with nuts and whipped cream, cherries, - what have you. Wish we had a B R in our area. Used to be some in Wichita but not any more. There's one in Kansas City and one in Salina.

guinevere

Final Flight
1. Location? Seattle

2. What sports besides skating do you watch? WNBA women's basketball (go Storm!), anything on Olympics, gymnastics is I catch it but I don't go out of my way.

3. Pets? Bella (my avatar) and my torti cat Veruca

4. Favorite restaurants? any of the Tom Douglas restaurants, or any decent neighborhood restaurant.

5. Favorite flavor of ice ceam? Chocolate marshmallow (with marshmallow fluff, not little marshmallows), or coffee

6. Last movie you saw in a theater? Harry Potter & the Goblet o' Fire

7. Favorite movies? Moulin Rouge, Titanic, Mommie Dearest, Towering Inferno, Times Square....too many to list, basically

8. Favorite music groups/singers? Blondie, Liz Phair (1st album only), Ani DiFranco, Team Dresch/the Butchies/Kaia Wilson, Air, Pixies, the Fall, Duran Duran, PJ Harvey

9. Last good book you read? Memoirs of a Geisha

10. Your fantasy home would have....? A fireplace, a gas stove and professional kitchen, a huge yard plus p-patch, solar panels, and be made of stone or brick, with real plaster walls, and have lots of wood inside.

11. Least favorite foods? Anything with celery, most meat dishes, wheat pasta, olives, pickles

12. If you could look like anyone for a day who would it be? ??

13. Celeb crushes past and present? John Taylor of Duran Duran (I was 13...), KAIA WILSON!

14. Celebs you find attractive?
Carrie-Ann Moss, Hilary Swank, Katarina Witt, Sandra Bullock, Halle Berry

Jude Law (dude's a cad, but he's beautiful), Johnny Depp.....um?

15. One of the most memorable personal moments? Having a review of a dance show I was in that singled out my performance and my choreography as being the "strength of the company"

15. Favorite animals?
Cats n' dogs, horses, any wild cats, pandas, seals, any fuzzy baby animals

lindasaffell

Rinkside
1. Location? Maryland, near where Air Force One lands

2. What sports besides skating do you watch? Nada. Maybe a little soccer when my grandchildren are playing

3. Pets? YAY Barn cats! (I don't have a barn but I volunteer to help barn cats). Personally my cat Trixie is sleeping on my lap right now. Black and white shorthair "tuxedo" petite street cat turned absolutely spoiled gamine!

4. Favorite restaurants? Candlelight Inn near Catonsville MD; King's Contrivance in Columbia MD; Buscaco Portugal's restaurant; the old Russian Tea Room in NYC! :cry:

5. Favorite flavor of ice ceam? Honestly, CHOCOLATE. Although Turkey Hill's Cookies and Mint frozen yogurt's pretty good too.

6. Last movie you saw in a theater? My husband is a home theater fanatic so we really don't go out to the movie theater! :love:

7. Favorite movies? The Scent of Green Papayas, Jane Eyre, Wag the Dog, True Lies, and whatever I last saw!

8. Favorite music groups/singers? Madonna, Phil Collins, lots of jazz and classical. Manhattan Transfer, Bette Midler

9. Last good book you read? Reviving Ophelia

10. Your fantasy home would have....? Lots of natural light, an indoor pool AND ice rink :yes: , balcony/deck on several sides, a fireplace in the kitchen, big kitchen, and a big soaking tub in the master suite.

11. Least favorite foods? Fast food and frozen pizzas

12. If you could look like anyone for a day who would it be? Me but minus about ten years! :rock:

13. Celeb crushes past and present? A long, long, LONG time ago I had a crush on a young Raymond Burr (yeah, way before "Ironsides"). Peter Sellers. Sean Connery. Oh, Pierce Brosnan. David Duchovny, for a while there too.

15. One of the most memorable personal moments? Having a proposal I wrote funded! Realizing that though I was an "only child" I have grown up to have a large extended family and that I'm happy and comfortable in it.

15. Favorite animals? Cats .... though really, I am fascinated by all kind of animals.

mmscfdcsu

On the Ice
1. Location? Cleveland, Ohio.

2. What sports besides skating do you watch? I don't really watch any others. I will sometimes watch a baseball game though. If anything, I prefer watching individual sports like tennis or diving..

3. Pets? Misha, my cat (b.d.8/8/88) Plus, an aquarium of fishies, including Myron A. Fish who is now more than 16 inches long.

4. Favorite restaurants? Fire! Also Peking Gourmet

5. Favorite flavor of ice ceam? Edy's Cherry- Chocolate Chip

6. Last movie you saw in a theater? Chronicles of Narnia

7. Favorite movies? Joy Luck Club. Billy Elliott, Carousel, Brigadoon, Rabbit-Proof Fence, The Time Machine, way too many to name here.

8. Favorite music groups/singers? I don't listen to pop music. Ever!

9. Last good book you read? Way too many to list. I read constantly. I just reread Into Thin Air. Not a great book, but this story really gets to me.

10. Your fantasy home would have....? Privacy. Lots of land, complete with stream running through it. Walk out second floor balcony. Library. Music room with sound to die for. Indoor pool,, dance studio and skating rink. Huge aquarium, rather like the one described in the book Dr. No.

11. Least favorite foods? Anything that swims. Liver, kidney etc.

12. If you could look like anyone for a day who would it be? I'm happy with my looks.

13. Celeb crushes past and present? None at present. I had childhood crush on Illya (David McCallum) from the Man From U.N.C.L.E.

14. Celebs you find attractive? LOL! I'm well over thirty. No longer pay attention to this.

15. One of the most memorable personal moments? With my lover, on his sailboat, just feeling at peace on a beautiful day on the lake

15. Favorite animals? Most. Cats of all kinds.

Suzy

On the Ice
1. Location? Midwest.

2. What sports besides skating do you watch? Tennis, gymnastics, basketball.

3. Pets? Big, high maintenance sweetheart dog.

4. Favorite restaurants? Good Japanese or expensive steakhouses.

5. Favorite flavor of ice ceam? Mocha.

6. Last movie you saw in a theater? Failure to Launch.

7. Favorite movies? Joy Luck Club, Pirates of the Carribean, Blair Witch Project, Leaving Las Vegas, The Color Purple, Psycho, Wizard of Oz

8. Favorite music groups/singers? Black Eyed Peas, Gwen Stefani, Al Green, not a big music fan

9. Last good book you read? "S" is for Silence

10. Your fantasy home would have... Inground swimming pool, outdoor tennis court, huge gourmet kitchen, fireplace in bedroom, large foyer, private lot.

11. Least favorite foods? Organ meats, game.

12. If you could look like anyone for a day who would it be? Demi Moore

13. Celeb crushes past and present? Richard Gere, Johnny Depp, Robert Reford, Steven Tyler, Johnny Weir, JD Fortune, Matthew McConnaughy, Matt Dillon

Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, George Clooney,

15. One of the most memorable personal moments? Hearing my baby's first cries, meeting Johnny Weir (I know, :rolleye: )

15. Favorite animals? Dogs

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, I didn't see this thread until now. I see from the first post that my participation was requested :biggrin:

Well, I don't know how much I want to reveal...or how much I wish to tell you ;) but I may put in a few when I have some time.

equestrianguy

On the Ice
Johar said:
I always thought goats were cute with alot of personality! BTW, did you catch the two shows on Animal Planet about the show horse world?

I hate goats!! All they do is chew and mess on everything! No, I don't normally watch Animal Planet.. I've seen enough of what goes on in the show horse world anyway..:)

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
1. Location? - Right smack in the middle of downtown Denver, CO!

2. What sports besides skating do you watch? - I'm a fanatic for almost every Winter and Summer Olympic sport

3. Pets? - Hmmmm, 2 cats (Atticus & Baby) and 1 doberman (Hallee)

4. Favorite restaurants? - Ichiban Japanese Steak House

5. Favorite flavor of ice ceam? - Strawberry

6. Last movie you saw in a theater? - "Walk the Line"

7. Favorite movies? - "The Color Purple", "Cold Mountain", "Moulin Rouge", "Gladiator", "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy, "Die Hard", "Forest Gump", "Elizabeth", "Walk the Line", etc.

8. Favorite music groups/singers? - Puccini, Rachmoninov, Celine Dion, Il Divo, Josh Groban, Depeche Mode, Alison Krauss, Martina McBride, Elvis Presley, The Postal Service, etc.

9. Last good book you read? - "Tao te Ching" by Stephen Mitchell

10. Your fantasy home would have....? - A full scale movie theater with an excellent sound system and an Olympic sized ice rink

11. Least favorite foods? - Salmon

12. If you could look like anyone for a day who would it be? Natalie Portman

13. Celeb crushes past and present? - Okay, I will admit an embarrasing secret....I used to have this thing for Bruce Willis. I can't explain it.

Men - Matthew McConaughey, Clive Owen, Marlon Brando (during the 50s - "A Streetcar Named Desire" Marlon), Jude Law, George Clooney, and David Beckham.

Ladies - Natalie Portman, Nicole Kidman, Salma Hayek, Sandra Bullock, Audrey Hepburn, Aaliyah, Angelina Jolie, Rachel McAdams, and Princess Diana.

15. One of the most memorable personal moments? - Many that are job related, but one that fits this board a bit more: Watching Michelle Kwan win her 8th National title in Atlanta with my mother.

15. Favorite animals?
Living: Dogs, Cats, Gorillas, Horses, Sugar Gliders, Tree Frogs, Lemurs, etc.

Extinct: Brontosaurus

R.D.

Record Breaker
alright, what you asked for.

1) Maryland, but am originally from Houston, Tx

2) I'm primarily watch pro basketball and pro football. I'll watch baseball if the Astros make the playoffs. I also like the Olympics, especially the Summer Games.

3)No pets. Although I used to have a fish tank (does that count? :biggrin: )

4) I've always liked a great Seafood or Italian restaurant. Here in Maryland there's a place called Basta Pasta which has great Italian food. And down in Texas where I'm from there's Pappadeaux (not sure if I spelled that right) and although it's a big chain, I always liked their fried shrimp best. :biggrin:

5) Do not like ice cream

6) Man, it's been a while :laugh: ever since we got that theater room, we've been watching all our movies at home...however, the last one I can remember is that Nicole Kidman movie...The Stepford Wives or something like that.

7) Hmm. This is a tough one because I like many movies but wouldn't be able to pick a favorite. How about favorite genre...I like a great Comedy or Action flick.

8) I listen to all kinds of music and I get my music off of the radio, not download it like most of you kids out there do :biggrin: so therefore I don't know the names of half the songs I listen to...

9) The Hot Zone. Excellent book.

10)hehe...could have some fun with this one. It would be decked out with the latest gadgets...i.e. theater w/surround sound system (although we do have that now), music room, computer room, and a nice indoor heated pool in the back...

11) Sushi, zucchini, almost any type of fish

12) Myself, thank you very much :yes:

13) I don't get celeb crushes. :biggrin:

14) I think I'd better not say anything here ;)

15) Hard to think about it right now...

16) Contrary to my post name, not an animal person

MKFSfan

Medalist
1. Location? Westchester, NY.

2. What sports besides skating do you watch? Baseball! NYY!

3. Pets? 1 dog-Sheltie, 2 cats and 3 horses

4. Favorite restaurants? Always can go for a good Italian resturaunt, my fave is "Guido's"

5. Favorite flavor of ice ceam? Vanilla

6. Last movie you saw in a theater? Charlie and the Choc. Factory (or is it Willy Wonka???)

7. Favorite movies? Empire Records, Hope Floats

8. Favorite music groups/singers? Hmm...currently in my CD player: Eminem, Rascal Flatts, Dido, Eva Cassidy, Tim McGraw and Madonna!

9. Last good book you read? An Equine Vet book, I love reading them!

10. Your fantasy home would have....? 50+ acres of flat land for a 10 stall stable and lots of open pastures. Oh, and a big house with lots of windows!

11. Least favorite foods? Japanese or Chinese

12. If you could look like anyone for a day who would it be? Kellie Pickler!

13. Celeb crushes past and present? Past and current-Johnny Depp, Derek Jeter!

14. Celebs you find attractive? Jeter, Depp, Clooney, Michelle Kwan, too many to name!

15. One of the most memorable personal moments? Probably most current-meeting my boyfriend at a wedding in Maine and going on a boat ride.

15. Favorite animals?
Living: Horses, dogs

Extinct: ??? [/QUOTE]

Ileana

Rinkside
1. Location? Los Angeles, CA

2. What sports besides skating do you watch? Gymnastics

3. Pets? A 4 month old miniature australian shepherd named Katie

4. Favorite restaurants? Urth Caffe

5. Favorite flavor of ice ceam? Strawberry

6. Last movie you saw in a theater? When A Stranger Calls

7. Favorite movies? Terms of Endearment, When Harry Met Sally, Transamerica, Walk The Line, Crash...

8. Favorite music groups/singers? Sarah McLachlan, Alejandro Sanz, Black Eyed Peas, The Fray, Death Cab for Cutie, Jem...

9. Last good book you read? Superior Women

10. Your fantasy home would have....? My own movie theater, three stories (top story would be only for me, haha), huge kitchen, breakfast table, dining room, two living rooms (one would be for smaller gatherings and the second one would be bigger with games, pool table, etc), pool, i can seriously go on forever....

11. Least favorite foods? weird meats

12. If you could look like anyone for a day who would it be? myself

13. Celeb crushes past and present? Jake Gylleenhaal, he's hot in person

14. Celebs you find attractive? same as above

15. One of the most memorable personal moments? Finishing school and having a job ready before even graduating!

15. Favorite animals? Dogs, turtles, penguins

MsLutzy

Rinkside
1. Location? Hong Kong

2. What sports besides skating do you watch? None

3. Pets? Don't have any now, but which I had a dog

4. Favorite restaurants? Pizza Hut

5. Favorite flavor of ice ceam? Anything with chocolate

6. Last movie you saw in a theater? Some horror movie

7. Favorite movies? Walk the Line, The Notebook, October Sky, What a Girl Wants

8. Favorite music groups/singers? Jack Johnson, Michelle Branch, and more...

9. Last good book you read? Wow, haven't read something new in ages

10. Your fantasy home would have....? Doing triple jumps. Hah.

11. Least favorite foods? Um.... can't think of any...

12. If you could look like anyone for a day who would it be? Bush.... lol

13. Celeb crushes past and present? none

14. Celebs you find attractive? none

15. One of the most memorable personal moments? Giving a speech at a university, winning competitions

15. Favorite animals? Cats, dogs, horses

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
1. Location? New York City, Tokyo

2. What sports besides skating do you watch? American Football

3. Pets? Inuki (cat)

4. Favorite restaurants? Masa, Nobu, Butter, Tao

5. Favorite flavor of ice ceam? Mint Chocolate-Chip

6. Last movie you saw in a theater? V for Vendetta

7. Favorite movies? V for Vendetta, Harry Potters, Spirited Away, Castle in the Sky, Howl's Moving Castle, Fight Club, American History X, Donnie Dark, The Waking Life, Requiem for a Dream, A Clockwork Orange, Apocalypse Now, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Annie Hall, Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, Battle Royale, Nana

8. Favorite music groups/singers? Ayumi Hamasaki, U2, Smashing Pumpkins, Rachmaninoff, Ai Otsuka, Kumi Koda, Mika Nakashima, BoA, X-Japan, AFI, Franz Ferdinand, Ally Kerr, Chopin, Pink Floyd, The Cranberries, Silly Wizard, Loreena McKennitt, Adiemus, Tegan & Sara

9. Last good book you read? Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Morals (I'm a Philosophy major... shoot me)

10. Your fantasy home would have....? Ehh... my parents home is enough of a fantasy home for me.

11. Least favorite foods? bananas and pineapples... allergic

12. If you could look like anyone for a day who would it be? Ayumi Hamasaki

13. Celeb crushes past and present? none

14. Celebs you find attractive? I'll pick one of each... Jack Gyllenhaal, Ayumi Hamasaki

15. One of the most memorable personal moments? Meeting Ayu :D

15. Favorite animals? Cats