Compulsory Dance - Austrian Waltz | Golden Skate

Compulsory Dance - Austrian Waltz

Rosaleen

Medalist
First off - I don't really know this dance, so won't be able to tell if the timing is correct or not - just my impressions of how they are doing. The marks are being updated pretty much live on the ISU site, so I'm not going to write them down here.

At least for now -- I have wireless internet access in the arena so am going to post after each group. I'll use the dance for an experiment and if it works, I'll do the same for the ladies short tonight.

ITA Cappellini / Lanotte Start No: 1
Notes: her in cream skirt & glittery illusion top him in tails / not bad - didn't have the kind of flow that I would expect from a waltz but I'll have to see how some other teams do to put into perspective how they did / currently in 1st (of course!)
SUI Von Bergen / Raber Start No: 2
Notes: her in pretty sea green him in tails / I saw a few of what I'm sure were mis-steps and/or balance checks - they weren't as smooth as the Italians before them. Currently 2nd /
POL Budner / Moscicki Start No: 3
Notes: her in shades of light pink him in tails / the (what I'd think were) easier parts seemed better than the other teams but steps seemed 'muddy' on some of the quicker steps / currently 2nd /
RUS Mikhailova / Sergeev Start No: 4
Notes: her in orange-red with feather boa around hem of dress him in tails / they started out with great speed but slowed down a lot on the 2nd pattern - the 1st pattern especially had much more flow and watlz feel that the previous teams / currently 1st /

Rosaleen

Medalist
BLR Feoktsistava / Vakunov Start No: 5
Notes: her in very (too) sheer light pink him in tails / they're really thinking their way through this - her especially / really rough in spots / currently 5th /
FRA Brouille / Rchaud Start No: 6
Notes: her in white mostly illusion top skirt is long in back very short in front / this felt like a dance - fairly smooth and they didn't seem to have any 'rough patches' / currently 3rd /
CZE Mysliveckova / Novak Start No: 7
Notes: her in white with black curve on one shoulder him in reverse / fairly smooth & dancey / her twizzles though (at least the ones at the end of the ice I'm at) seemed more like a set of 3 turns rather than twizzles / currently 5th /
GBR Rogers / Jones Start No: 8
Notes: her in pink with black almost heart shape on chest with black elbow gloves - her dress seems too long to me / the 1st pattern had a more waltzy feel & better speed than the 2nd - no obvious errors that I saw - / new pb / currently 6th /

Rosaleen

Medalist
CAN Lamoureux / Mee Start No: 9
Notes: her in light pink with white elbow gloves him in tails / maybe a little slow and possibly not quite as dancey & flowing as a couple of the previous teams but I felt that their steps were better done, maybe 'more precise'. Her twizzles were very good - very fast / currently 5th /
CHN Huang / Zheng Start No: 10
Notes: her in sades of mauve with blue on bodice him in tails / I like the speed & flow of them - fairly smooth & waltzy / currently in 6th /
AUS O'Brien / Merriman Start No: 11
Notes: her in purple with dark coral underskirt him in black vest & pants with purple shirt / quite smooth & waltzy - no obvious errors (at least to my eye) - based on the score I missed something / currently 9th /
ITA Spelta / Garavaglia Start No: 12
Notes: her in white skirt with mainly glitter over illusion on bodice him in tails / good flow & speed & thought - I might have seen a couple of 'not quite right on the music' steps at the end of 2nd pattern / currently 6th /

Rosaleen

Medalist
UKR Saprikina / Khimich Start No: 13
Notes: her in shades of light purple shading lighter at hem of skirt him in tails / seemed to miss a bit where they do the fast 3 turns together and a little sloppy where they separate going into the corner / generally good speed & flow & waltzy / currently 8th /
USA Davis / White Start No: 14
Notes: her in dark pink with vertical silver sequin design him in tails / very nice waltz - and it was a waltz / nice work where they separate and come back together / IMHO the best so far / currently 2nd
CZE Heroldova / Pazdera Start No: 15
Notes: her in white with one sleeve him in black t-shirt & pants with gold sequin design on front & back / a bit rough in parts on the 1st pattern (at the end of the rink) I get the feeling they're working at it and there isn't the flow / currently 13th /
CAN Virtue / Moir Start No: 16
Notes: her in mauve him in tails / I felt they had a rough patch just after the twizzles when they do the quick 3's together / actually their end pattern near me felt a little ragged compared to Davis/White / currently 1st / goes to show what I know about dance

Rosaleen

Medalist
RUS Platonova / Maximishin Start No: 17
Notes: her in lovely lilac with silver glittery bodice him in tails / they slow down quite a bit on the hold change & end pattern just after it / quite good waltz feel except for the end pattern - it seemed a little rough to me / currently 5th /
HUN Barta / Toth Start No: 18
Notes: her with shing bright coral on top & multi-layered white & light coral skirt / they seem to be getting any of their power from him / currently in 12th /
DEN Thomsen / Sorensen Start No: 19
Notes: both in black him with bow tie her with diamond cutout on bodice / parts were waltzy & parts slowed down quite a bit esp on the position changes / currently in 15th /
CAN Hann-McCurdy / Coreno Start No: 20
Notes: her in red with silver sequins / most of the dance flowed quite well on the 1st pattern - slowed down on the 2nd but kept the waltz feel / currently 6th /
GER Kolbe / Boll Start No: 21
Notes: her in light orange chiffon with bit of black accents / he had a slip 1/3 of the way into the 2nd pattern - didn't go down though / it was ok - fairly decent waltz feel but there wasn't a 'freeness' to it / currently in 13th /