Dance - Original | Golden Skate

Dance - Original

Rosaleen

Medalist
I'm finally here at the rink. . . my body decided that it needed sleep this morning and with the shuttle schedule I would have been here way too early if I had taken the previous one -- they only run every 2 hours after 10am.

Anyway, warm-up group #4 is just entering the ice for their warm-up.

Buzzz

Final Flight
LOL As a life long public transit user I totally understand. Your reports rocks! Wait for the first OD review. :love: :bow:

Rosaleen

Medalist
FRA Brouille / Rchaud Start No: 13
Notes: Music: Cha Cha, Rhumba, Samba Both in black - her dress is mainly semi-sheer and you can see her quite heavily taped right shoulder through it / midline is pretty good - he got a little behind her on the 2nd twizzles and he doesn't have quite as good knee action as her / into the Rhumba and the curve lift is nice / pair spin is ok / he slipped quite noticably 1/3 of way into the diag steps / rotational is good but they finish after their music / into 3rd overall /
CAN Lamoureux / Mee Start No: 14
Notes: Music: Cha cha rhumba cha cha ; her in hot pink almost a copy of Navak him in black / midline very good sync throughout but seemed slow & cautious to me / spin is ok / strt lift is good / big pause in corner waiting for music to start diag steps that are ok - bit far apart at one point / rotational lift is very good - very similar to the one Dub/Lau fell on in their OD / new pb for OD / into 3rd overall /
UKR Saprikina / Khimich Start No: 15
Notes: Music: Mambo, rhumba, samba her in orange & black tiger stripe him in black / he had major problems with the 2nd twizzles in the midline / diag steps to rhumba are ok but don't get the rhumba feel to them / strt lift with him in spread eagle pos / spin has good pos but slow / one arm rot lift with her draped over his arm in catch foot / into 6th overall /
GER Kolbe / Boll Start No: 16
Notes: Music chacha rhumba samba her in day-glo orange him in black with orange belt / midline steps were really nice & in sync except for him falling out of the 2nd set of twizzles / diag steps were ok - I like their knee action / strt lift with no hands - her legs braced under his arms / didn't see the spin / rot lift with her in donut around his body / into 6th overall /

Rosaleen

Medalist
RUS Mikhailova / Sergeev Start No: 17
Notes: Music: chacha rhumba samba her in bright coral with bit of purple him in black / midline right off the bat - 1st half on one foot in good sync they got out of sync on both sets of twizzles / into rhumba for curve lift that is a full circle & pretty / very nice rhumba fell / spin in trad pair sit then her in catchfoot / strt lift with him in back shoot duck her in catch foot / now the samba for diag steps she had a touchdown and both sets of twizzles near the end were a little out of sync / new pb in OD / into 1st overall /
USA Davis / White Start No: 18
Notes: Mambo rhumba mambo her in day-glo orange him in black / midline is well done & very fast twizzles on 1st set maybe a little out of sync on 2nd 1st half on one foot / nice mood change to rhumba curve lift with her changing pos / spin her in catch foot him in sit with foot & pos change / back to mambo for diag steps that are well done - not really sure of difficulty / rot lift is one arm by him / into 2nd overall /
RUS Platonova / Maximishin Start No: 19
Notes: Cha cha, mambo her in hothot pink with hot blue him in black with one blue sleeve & hot pink to match her / spin with change of pos & foot is good / midline steps matched well / strt lift with her upside down with legs around his neck him in spread eagle - not real pretty but difficult / dia steps in dance hold except for twizzles - not sure if I saw a bit of a slip by him after the twizzles / rot lift is good / can't quite put my finger on it, but my general impression of the dance was that it wasn't near as good as the previous 2 teams - not just in difficulty but in the way it was skated / into 3rd overall /
USA Samuelson / Bates Start No: 20
Notes: Music: cha cha rhumba cha cha her in fushia him in black with fushia sheen to shirt / midline was very well done with good speed except he had trouble on end of 2nd twizzles / one arm rot lift with he in catch foot / they're skating the rhumba well but it doesn't feel like a rhumba / curve lift with her in beillman him in spread eagle / I didn't see the spin / diag steps were ok / they skated well but I didn't feel that they really captured the feel of the different rhythms - they seemed to be skating the same to both / new pb for OD / into 4th overall /
USA Pratt / Gilles Start No: 21
Notes: samba rhumba samba her in pink shades him in black / strt line with unque entrance with her on his back but they spent most of it getting into pos and didn't really hold the pos - intentional? / diag steps were ok / spin in trad sit changing to her in layover camel / midline way out of sync on 1st twizzles in sync for rest of it / rot lift with multiple changes in hold but I'm not entirely sure they were all intended - it almost looked like he had trouble catching one of her legs (I haven't seen them in practise so don't know what it is supposed to look like) / into 4th overall /

Rosaleen

Medalist
RUS Gorshkova / Tkachenko Start No: 22
Notes: samba rhumba mambo her in hot pink with black down one side him in black with semi sheer shirt with wilver at one hip / midline right off top and she falls out of the 2nd twizzles rest was good / curve lift with her vertical upside down on one of his legs - I looked down for a second to write and the next thing I heard something and they're both down right at the board near me - don't know what happened - it took them quite a while to get back into the dance / I didn't really see the rest of it until the rot lift right at the end / replay shows that the lift was completed (and it was a very nice one) and they were too close to the boards and he might have hit his blade against them and he went down and took her down / into 5th overall /
CAN Virtue / Moir Start No: 23
Notes: rhumba mambo her in fushia him in black / spin with her in catch foot change to him in sit / str lift with change of pos / music change for midline very well done - good speed & sync was great / diag step very well done - kept up the speed. Unlike most teams it looked to me like he did more work than her in them / rot lift was good / they were very smooth throughout - definitely the best so far in my opinion / into 1st overall /
CAN Hann-McCurdy / Coreno Start No: 24
Notes: mambo rhumba samba her in black with shades of pink wide skirt him in black / rot lift at far end of ice - looked good from here / diag steps were good - nice flow / curve lift with him in spread eagle her around his shoulder height / spin in low facing sit - good spin - I didn't see a change of pos but must have missed it / midline in sync - a bit slow / into 7th overall /
ITA Cappellini / Lanotte Start No: 25
Notes: rhumba samba her in orange with very long hanging bits of back of skirt him in black with sequin v on back / midline in sync on 1 foot for 1st half / curve lift went by so fast I didn't see it while writing after midline / spin was nice with pos change / in to samba now for diag steps - she might have had a bit of slip right near start rest was good - maybe a bit slow / rotational lift was good / new pb for OD / into 3rd overall /
EST Grunberg / Rand Start No: 26
Notes: cha cha rhumba chacha / she is in orange and it's all fringe - I don't know how I can describe it - awful though / I missed the diag steps trying to find a way to describe her dress / into the rhumba now curve lift with her in catchfoot around him - seemed a little weird getting into it / spin is low sit with change of foot / midline something way out on twizzles in the middle of it / rot lift was a little awkward / into 9th overall /

ElFuego

Rinkside
Rosaleen said:
RUS Mikhailova / Sergeev Start No: 17
USA Pratt / Gilles Start No: 21
rot lift with multiple changes in hold but I'm not entirely sure they were all intended - it almost looked like he had trouble catching one of her legs (I haven't seen them in practise so don't know what it is supposed to look like) / into 4th overall /

Assuming they haven't changed it since the beginning of the season.... he should have hold of just one of her legs and one of her arms (she's horizontal facing the ice), and while they spin, she sort of shifts position back and forth between face up and face down by moving her torso, free arm, and free leg up in time to the music. So I think what you saw was what it was supposed to look like.