Skating's Next Star - Hosted by Kristi Yamaguchi | Golden Skate

Skating's Next Star - Hosted by Kristi Yamaguchi

JonMLFS

Spectator
Kristi, Elvis and Oksana plus all 12 contestents are now online! The premier of the show is March 20th at 10PM on WE:Women's Entertainment.

The web site http://www.MLFSkating.com then scroll down and click on the "Skating's Next Star/WE" Logo!

This is truly skating like you have never seen before!!!!!!!

flying camel

Medalist
I thought it was going to be about new comers trying to break into the top of figureskating. These are people we have seen but did not make the big time. I am a little disappointed.

I am excited about this. Reading their biographies, these skaters are pretty good (unlike the "skating with celebrities" folks, LOL.) Maybe one of them can stand out and win a gig with Stars on Ice!

Plus, anything with Kristi in it is OK by me. :love: :laugh:

rob43

On the Ice
I'd say at least 3 did make it big. Kwiatkowski, Davis and Clark were all on the US Podium. And 2 of the 3 went to worlds, Davis even went to the Olympics as Nat'l Champion.

I think it should prove interesting. If the pro world were what it was in the 90s I think we would have seen more of some of these skaters. Glad they are all getting a shot and hopefully they'll be trained and have good programs to make the most of their skills.

JonMLFS

Spectator
rob43 said:
I'd say at least 3 did make it big. Kwiatkowski, Davis and Clark were all on the US Podium. And 2 of the 3 went to worlds, Davis even went to the Olympics as Nat'l Champion.

I think it should prove interesting. If the pro world were what it was in the 90s I think we would have seen more of some of these skaters. Glad they are all getting a shot and hopefully they'll be trained and have good programs to make the most of their skills.

Acutally Kwiatkowski, Davis and Clark were part of a different show, not "Skating's Next Star" -Jon

Jon, if you have anything to do with this disgusting production, go back and tell your bosses to pull it off the air immediately.

The way the judges ridiculed the last contestant made me sick. Do you think it is "entertaining" to watch three world champion bullies beat up on a helpless sap?

Three judges?! More like the Three Stooges.

I am going to write to Kristi and tell her I am ashamed of her for having anything to do with this offensive garbage.

I would post this comment on your web site, but I would have to register to do so and I don't want to receive any promotional material from you or from WE TV.

Mathman

Ileana

Rinkside
I think this show is pointless. The judges are rude and have no class. Everyone there is trying hard to be a good skater and the last "encouragement" they need is to be laughed at or told to lose weight.

OK, I take back my last post. The second episode was much better. :agree: (There is a thread on the edge discussing it.)

MM :)