Evan Lysacek Cheering Thread | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Evan Lysacek Cheering Thread

harmonie

Rinkside
EvanLysacekFan said:
I feel like he will be the best American finisher, and I also hope he has the skate of his life. You never know what will happen. :)

HE DID IT!!! You were right :) :thumbsup: :)
When I saw him crash so badly in the warmup I was extremely worried, but he went on the ice and just did it - again! What a warrior he is... I'm so proud of him! And his Carmen is awesome :)
What a competition! I'm so happy!!!!!!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
MsLutzy said:
I'm so happy for Evan, he must be feeling so excited right now. To have defended his Worlds title while battling such a major bout of illness is nothing easy. He also never fails to amaze me when he pulls of these spectacular long programs to give us a nice last impression. I love this program.

Congrats again to Evan! He deserved it.

I couldn't agree more! Yay for Evan! :clap: :party: :clap:

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Well EvanLysacekFan your guy beat out Oda who was the primary target of most of your criticsm for the bronze so you must be happy now. :laugh:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
Well EvanLysacekFan your guy beat out Oda who was the primary target of most of your criticsm for the bronze so you must be happy now. :laugh:

Must be the pimples... :rolleye:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Kwanford Wife said:
Must be the pimples... :rolleye:

oh dear... now you owe me the cost to clean my computer I have orange soda all over the place! :laugh:

YEAY EVAN!!!!!!!!!:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Since Oda has already been mentioned in this thread I have a question.
Does anyone know why Oda scored so low? His LP was pretty good
(not as good as Evan's IMO) but not bad and I thought his scores
were low. Did he get dinged on technicalities?

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
oh dear... now you owe me the cost to clean my computer I have orange soda all over the place! :laugh:

YEAY EVAN!!!!!!!!!:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Yay! I caused a mess! I usually only cause drama! :laugh: ;)

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
demarinis5 said:
Since Oda has already been mentioned in this thread I have a question.
Does anyone know why Oda scored so low? His LP was pretty good
(not as good as Evan's IMO) but not bad and I thought his scores
were low. Did he get dinged on technicalities?

I'm no techie, but I believe he repeated a jump and loss the value for the entire combo... damn that Elaine Z rule!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
demarinis5 said:
Did he get dinged on technicalities?

they mentioned his too many triples at Japan Nationals... but it also sounded like it happened again at worlds during Terry/Paul's commentary after someone else's marks...

Kwanford Wife said:
Yay! I caused a mess! I usually only cause drama! :laugh: ;)

LOL!!!!! if I can't get this cleaned I'm coming after you! (how's that for drama? lol)

Last edited:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Yay, Evan!

I have to say, the only time I have squealed like a 16-year-old fangirl for a male skater all season long was when Evan landed that quad last night. He had such an emotional connection with the music in his long program; and you could see it in his face, as well as his skating. I really want to see it again, this time without Paul and Kurt talking through the circular footwork.
By the end of his program, my best skating buddy and I were literally jumping up and down, cheering him on. It's the only time this season my downstairs neighbor b***hed about the noise, too.
Between Matt Savoie having the season of his life, Evan hanging on for another World bronze, and Johnny Weir providing the best parody material a skater has EVER provided, this has got to be the best men's team the US has had since Boitano, Wylie and Bowman, 18 years ago.
But this is a Lysacek cheering thread, so again, YAY, EVAN!!! You :rock: !
xoxo
Rave

EvanLysacekFan

On the Ice
lol Rave :)

That was pretty nice when he landed the quad. I had a feeling it would be a good night for him after that.

reenb

Rinkside
I must say the determination and power of Evans program did not really show on T.V. He had the crowd from the start.