3 Canadian entries in Men/Pairs/Dance!!...and maybe Women!? | Golden Skate

3 Canadian entries in Men/Pairs/Dance!!...and maybe Women!?

coolio

Rinkside
Wow...next year is going to be big.....Canada will likely finish inside top 5 in each category as the only nation to do so. The way our Canadian atheletes are going....I dont think medaling in all discipline is gonna be far fetched next year. We havent seen a gold since Salt Lake 2002.

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
coolio said:
Wow...next year is going to be big.....Canada will likely finish inside top 5 in each category as the only nation to do so. The way our Canadian atheletes are going....I dont think medaling in all discipline is gonna be far fetched next year. We havent seen a gold since Salt Lake 2002.

Unless of course you consider the United States of America to be a nation. We have already had a top five finish in pairs, dance, and men's, and two out of three ladies in the top five after the SP with the third still in striking distance of the top 5. And none of these have planned to retire next year.

coolio

Rinkside
Theatregirl1122 said:
Unless of course you consider the United States of America to be a nation. We have already had a top five finish in pairs, dance, and men's, and two out of three ladies in the top five after the SP with the third still in striking distance of the top 5. And none of these have planned to retire next year.
The dance is not finished yet...i only said likely....but i see i didnt make my point clear.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
coolio said:

Yes, we are quickly rebuilding our Canadian skating team. Canada has always been strong in pairs, dance and men's disciplines. It's great to see the ladies finally getting some strength as well. We have not had a really great ladies champion since Karen Magnussen left the scene.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Theatregirl1122 said:

It's very likely that Sasha Cohen will retire after Worlds. Word is she has offers she can't refuse.

As for the US:
Pairs: Inoue/Baldwin, 4th
Men: Evan Lysacek, bronze medal; Weir, 7th
Dance: Belbin/Agosto, bronze medal; Gregory/Petukhov, 9th
Ladies (after SP): Sasha Cohen, 1st; Kimmie Meissner, 3rd; Emily Hughes, 8th.

The US will have 2 Pairs, 3 Men, 3 Dance teams and (probably) 3 ladies in 2007.