Ladies Free | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies Free

zeytin

Rinkside
eurosport comment on kimmie's performance: it's like a plushenko performance, you can't compete against this performance?!?!?! or something like that :)

Jasper

Final Flight
CalloftheBlade said:
I totally agree that Kimmie should be in first place, but triple-triples don't translate to near full point increases in interpretation and choreography...

Her PCS are ridiculously higher than in the past and that's so dumb. Just shows that PCS follow the TES and don't mean much.

Fumie beat Sasha at least!!! 209.74 total. Hopefully she's secured herself a medal.

I hope Yukari nails the 3A and makes the podium.

zeytin

Rinkside
it seems no medal for rochette...fall in lutz and popped a jump just at the beginning...she goes on making mistakes....

Saundy

On the Ice
zeytin said:
it seems no medal for rochette...fall in lutz and popped a jump just at the beginning...she goes on making mistakes....

That was VERY painful for me to watch. :cry:

Oh the things that could have been...

Jasper

Final Flight
Very disappointing performances from Buttle and Rochette here. :( But they came up with the goods where it mattered more, in Turino.

coolio

Rinkside
AT 16....Kimmie I think is the youngest skater to win gold since Tara Lipinski .
Now we wait and see if Yukari can knock Sasha out of the podium.

Last edited:

Jasper

Final Flight
Awwww, Elena Sokolova short of Cohen. I love her and this is great redemption after such a disappointing Olympics.

zeytin

Rinkside
poor judging for sokolova...IMO not fair...crowd didn't like it,too.
she's 4th behind cohen.....

Last edited:
As I've said before, when Kimmie was watching the Ladies SPs at the Olympics, somebody said something about her "studying the veterans to learn from them." Kimmie's face said to me, "I can take these guys."

At the beginning of Worlds I said something like, "Kimmie is hungry, ambitious, pretty consistent, young, seems to have a good competitive head, and has a body that has not been beaten up by years of pushing her body into ever more difficult positions and elements." I don't think I posted this, but what I felt was, "I wouldn't be surprised if Meissner takes it all."

Also, Sasha looked beaten before she ever stepped on the ice. I said she looked physically and mentally exhausted.

I see no World gold in Sasha Cohen's skating career.

Rgirl

Jasper

Final Flight
Did Nakano do the 3A? No falls, it says. I'm sure she wasn't credited for it anyway because they usually reduce it to a 2A.

FPl. Name Nat. Points QB QA SP FS
1 Kimmie MEISSNER USA 218.33 2 5 1
2 Fumie SUGURI JPN 209.74 1 2 2
3 Sasha COHEN USA 208.88 3 1 4
4 Elena SOKOLOVA RUS 202.27 6 3 3
5 Yukari NAKANO JPN 195.65 2 6 6
6 Sarah MEIER SUI 195.11 5 4 5
7 Joannie ROCHETTE CAN 189.41 1 7 8
8 Emily HUGHES USA 184.75 3 10 7

Silver for Fumie. :)

Congrats to Kimmie but I can't say she's even remotely a mature skater. I hope to see Kim, Asada, and Gedevanishvili all competing against her next season.

zeytin

Rinkside
eurosport commentators angry with the results...me too...
1. Kimmie
2. Fumie
3. Sasha
4. Elena
5. Yukari
6. Sarah

coolio

Rinkside
C'mon she is only 16, she is quite mature for her age comparing to other young Japanese skaters. I dont think Sasha/Sarah/Jennifer were nearly as good as Kimmie is now. Good accomplishment tho.