Anyone coauthor your posts? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Anyone coauthor your posts?

4dogknight

Re: Anyone coauthor your posts?

Show it's funny you should ask about publishing stories; I've been writing a book since '93. I've got four chapters completed but I'm such a perfectionist that I may never get the book completed to my satisfaction.

There were/are so many finned, furred, feathered and scaled companions in my life, to not let others know about their special qualities and contributions would be doing them a disservice.

Also it is quite nice to write something with passion after all those years writing end-user system manuals.

Thanks so very much for the compliment and words of encouragement.

4dk

G

Grgranny

Re: Anyone coauthor your posts?

I know the feeling Red Dog. I just wanted to go get you a new puppy and bring it to you...

Glacierskater

On the Ice
4DOG: Are your four footers the inspiration for your username? I know what you mean about still hearing the pitter patters of our four footers even when they are not around. I have grown so used to have my right hand nudged off the mouse, that I brace myself for it without even thinking. My boy is 12 1/2, and I pray everyday that he will live as long as I do. It is heartbreaking to think about losing him...I won't know what to do. I am sure that I will be posting for support when that day comes...4DOG, I am so sorry for your loss earlier this year.

shanilia

Rinkside
I'm in my bedroom. My computer is on a corner desk. My desk is very very messy with papers strewn everywhere. And I usually listen to music on my computer.

Glacierskater

On the Ice
SHANILIA: I am right there with you on the music with the computer. I am usually multitasking between looking for the perfect program music, and surfing the net, picking out costume idea, and emailing.

TaraFanatic4eva

Rinkside
I have my computer in my living room right now, but we are working on getting a second one (My mom is taking classes again, and my sister and I have many AP classes, we need one for homework). Nomrally, my little 9 year old sister is pestering me for the computer, while my 16 year old sis is chatting with me while I post. So, we often share opinions in my posts, although she does post on my ezboard sometimes.

4dogknight

Final Flight
Glacierskater:
Yes the 4 - fur foots were the inspiration for my user name; we (my better half) had four companion animals that just happened to be dogs and we are both animal rights activists. I think my user name really says who I am. (Plus I am a fan of Three Dog Night)

Robin was born on April 1, 1993 so he was just shy of 10. We aren't sure how old the other three are but we think that Gypsy is about the same age as Robbo, Eleanor maybe a year or two younger and Fred, well Fred still thinks he's a puppy (Gotta Love Him). We always celebrated everyone's birthday on April 1st since Robin's was the only birth date we knew for sure.

I don't think we'll get another canine companion but you never know who'll show up at our door and then my husband will say - again "I think I'll let that dog in". And my answer will be as usual, "well you'd better open another can of dog food and I'll call the vet for an appointment".

4dk

I’ll still be four dog knight even though there’s only three now. You’ll remember the toast, “here’s to absent friends” and then there’s the empty chair at the table, same thing. Like Robin of Sherwood said “nothing is forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten”. “To the once and future dog!”

Glacierskater

On the Ice
Oh, I like the absent friends toast! I must remember that. It is so good. I love my doggies. They are my best buddies, and I talk to them just like nayone else. Some people wouldn't understand it, and I wouldn't waste my time trying to explain it to them. It's an animal thing, and let's just leave it at that...

Cinderella on Ice

Bless you, Fairy Godmother, I'm Having a BALL!
On the Ice
4Dog - Your story is mine, almost exactly. We, too, have had 4 dogs for quite some time, but back in January of '99 we had to let go of Babette, who was our "Robin." She was my working dog, at my side by the computer, laying 3/4 on her side, toes in the air. I have a couple of pics of that, not that I need them, burned in my brain as it is. She STILL appears to me, and instead of the "ho ho ho" toy, it is the clang of our metal firewood tray which holds our TV guide and current mail (and which she used to nudge because she knew the clang would get our attention). I couldn't believe how much our stories matched up.

We knew we would never replace her, and we also thought we'd never get another dog (just keep the 3), but when you have been taking in dogs that are classified as "unadoptable" because they have severe "issues," it is inevitable that sooner or later you will get THAT CALL about the one who is going to be put down and you just open your heart again. Our current 4 are an especially good "crop" of dogs, each with very different personalities and a laugh-riot to observe as a group. For the most part, all have gotten beyond their issues, which is amazing considering some of their stories.

Babette's death socked home to me the fragility of our lives here on earth, and in her honor I have made several changes to how I do things. I am NEVER too busy to pet any dog that comes asking, no matter how late I am for work or what train I might almost be missing. I interrupt my computer tappings on a much more frequent basis to initiate play time (not just wait for them to come to me); I spend lots more time running crazily around the back yard, which seems to be a favorite pastime around here; and I bet I spend at least 25% of my at-home time sitting or laying or otherwise sprawling all over our floors instead of up on the couches and chairs, so I am eyeball to eyeball with the furry friends.

While your story made me sad, it also made me happy, because we are truly blessed to have had such dear friends like Robin and Babette in our lives. I am a better person for it.