Favorite female skaters | Golden Skate

Favorite female skaters

Who are your favorite female skaters (you may choose more than one)?

• Total voters

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm surprised to see Sasha beating Michelle lol

anyway I voted for Sasha, Emily, Joannie, and Fumie

as well as other -
Angela Nikodinov, Katy Taylor, and I'm assuming we're only talking about skaters who are competiting, not pros or retired... otherwise I could go on for days
I like Kimmie and Elena, but I'm not a huge fan

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
On the list my favourites are Shizuka, Sasha and Fumie, and outside it Susanna Poykio and Kiira Korpi among several others.

Arione

Spectator
I voted for Irina and 'Other' being Ekaterina Gordeeva, Oksana Baiul and Katarina Witt. Used to love Tara Lipinski when she used to skate too.

Last edited:

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
I voted for Sasha, Kimmie, and Fumie from the list you have there. My "others" - among current skaters - would be Katy Taylor, Alissa Czisny, Yukari Nakano, and Carolina Kostner.

From the past - Janet Lynn, Tara Lipinski, Dorothy Hamill, Jill Trenary and Nicole Bobek.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
:laugh: Being as Lita Kino isn't real.:frown2: :laugh:

It is so hard not to say great things about others, but Fumie has it all for me. JMO
Must give acknowledgment to Yuka being a first crush in FS, Irina is phenomenally inspirational, Shi-chan is the epitome of a FS lady, Michelle is to be admired, Sasha keeps me on the edge and Tanith just...I don't know - maybe its (beside the tallent just making it more so) the "widows peak." etc. I could name something wonderful about most of the ladies, but I am sure there is someone thinking,"enough dude."

Besides, I think I remember listing the favs a little while back anyway?:unsure: Here we go with "Thinkibu" again...I'm done!

Sorry for rambling.:bow:

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I voted for Sasha. I could watch her skate all day.

Dee

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
This year is the 40th Anniversary of the first year (1966) that Janet Lynn skated in Senior Nationals at age 12.

It is also my 50th consecutive season as a Cincinnati Reds fan, and tonight I just saw Ken Griffey, Jr. hit a 3-run walk-off homer in the bottom of the 11th inning against Washington - a team managed by Frank Robinson, who was a Reds player in that first season I was a Reds fan - 1957!

(I just thought I'd sneak that in there, guys!:biggrin: )

gio

Medalist
Michelle, Maria B., Katarina and Lu Chen for their artistry and beauty.
Midori and Tonya for their jumps and energy.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Currently, Sasha and Michelle are tied 36-36. Interesting.

Dee