Ant Problem | Golden Skate

Ant Problem

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I don't mean the relative kind, I mean the pest kind!!! We are finding tiny ants in our basement recreation room. Any one have this experience before? Any suggestions?

skatergirlaj

On the Ice
Buy ant traps at Lowe's or wherever,they work pretty good..I had the little boogers in my house last Summer and those traps got rid of them. I tried everything natural i could think of first...i heard that if you put peppermint oil along where they were coming in they'd stay away....nope..they just went around the invisible barrier LOL :laugh: I sat there and watched them do it...so finally i resorted to violence..hated doing it but...try those traps..they work.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
skatergirlaj said:
...so finally i resorted to violence..hated doing it but...try those traps..they work.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lad, I was going to suggest the peppermint too and there is another natural thing but I can't remember. I think it was on Hints from Heloise or the British guy, can't remember his name either :scratch: :laugh: But if the traps worked for Skatergirla I would go with them.

Dee

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
There is a liquid poison you can get. It works pretty well. It's real sweet and you put a drip on a little piece of cardboard or something. You will see them all lined up around it eating. They carry it back to their nest and it gets on the rest of them and they all succumb.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Thanks folks! I feel a little macabre reading all of these hints, but hey this is my house not the ants!!! I will try the ant traps. My niece suggested pine sol, but I don't want to ruin my carpet. The ant traps it is.