Votes: 38 28.8%
  • Stephane Lambiel

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Kimmie Meissner

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Shizuka Arakawa

Votes: 28 21.2%

• Total voters
Well, I voted for my girl Michelle. So did Tom Collins. (Michelle closed the Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando shows.)

No medals, but she won the Marshalls popularity contest, so there you go, LOL.

MM :)

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
She's the master and very, very well like so she should close out the show. She has represented the USA so very well in the last 10-12 years than any other person so give her that acknowledgement. She isn't even my favorite but I love her just the same.

Kasey

Medalist
I would agree with Michelle; but since it's an American tour, and she's reigning world champion, I think Kimmie would be appropriate also.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Michelle

Michelle should..."one of the most decorated figure skaters of all time"...

Ant

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I didn't vote for Michelle, but I have no doubt that it will be her spot until she so chooses to not have it... or someone comes close to her star status (at least in Collins' pocketbook's eyes)

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Who is the skater most are paying to see? Michelle

Who is the only skater I will sit through the hoola hoop girl & clowns to see? Michelle

Money trumps Medals... to quote Purple Rain: "This here is a business"

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Kwan has stuck with Collins for years now. I think he appreciates her loyalty to the tour. That aside, whoever TC wants to close should close.

Vash01

Medalist
I could not decide between Plushenko and Kwan. Plushenko is the current Olympic champion, and 3-time world champion. Kwan has no medals in the last two years but she is an icon, especially in the US. I think it will be very appropriate to give her that last spot as an honor. However, Plushenko is equally worthy of it.

Vash

harmonie

Rinkside
Vash01 said:
I could not decide between Plushenko and Kwan. Plushenko is the current Olympic champion, and 3-time world champion. Kwan has no medals in the last two years but she is an icon, especially in the US. I think it will be very appropriate to give her that last spot as an honor. However, Plushenko is equally worthy of it.

Vash

This is exactly my tought too.

CDMM1991

Medalist
I voted Stephane Lambiel, mostly because "Stephane Lambiel in Red Underwear" wasn't an option.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I voted for Shizuka because she is the reining Olympic Champion. To me it shoudl be decided on by protocol.

Dee

Alsace

On the Ice
Without having read the comments of others....

I vote "Shizzy" because then those people who only came to see Michelle (whom I do like) will hopefully be gone and I can get a clear picture of the Ina Bauer that people rave about but the camera operators keep missing the shot! (dreaming that I actually had tickets, of course!) Then, I could also get my car out of the parking lot without too much of a wait!

soogar

Record Breaker
After seeing the show, I think casting Michelle last was a big mistake because Michelle had a slow program and she is injured so she didn't do anything spectacular. Sasha on the other hand was spectacular and it was a letdown that she didn't skate last b/c with the patriotic music and the wow moves, she would have ended that show on a high note.

There were no standing ovations in the show I attended and while MIchelle got the biggest response before she skated, after she skated her response was less than that of Weir, T&M and Sasha.

Also Lambiel, Shizuka aren't doing all the shows like Sasha is or else I would have picked Shizuka to close.

And seeing Yevgeny's Tosca in person... he was good but that kind of program really isn't good enough to close a show with.

Following all the reports from the various shows, the consensus seems to be that Totmianina and Marinen are the show stoppers this year. (I'll be checking it out next Sunday! :rock: )

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I voted Shi-chan as well, just because of the Oly win - it is earned. You guys come up with some really strange nick-names. At least there is no negative translation to that one that I know of. Zuka translates as fragrance, so you just go figure how the translations comes into play. It really doesn't matter in the end, but .... just thought I would mention it again.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
As much as I love Totmianina/Marinin, I voted for Plushenko, who has dominated Men's skating for the last four years. (They'd never let a pair close.) There have been arguments that if Kwan didn't close, people would leave after she skated, but if she had the penultimate spot, I doubt many would leave before Plushenko skated and the finale. And if they did, getting out of the parking lot would be easier for those of us who stayed.

Where is Arakawa skating?

Last edited:

Zazanuka

Rinkside
I voted for Plushenko because he is my biggest fav. But honestly I think, that American show for the American Public should close the American skaters.