Anybody want to bet that these will be exact medals at next Olympics? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Anybody want to bet that these will be exact medals at next Olympics?

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I just figured you probably might have gotten your "Caps Lock" tangled up like I always do. One of these days I'm just gonna YANK the whole button and be done with it.... :laugh: :laugh:

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
The fact not one of you have taken my bet proves you are all scared I might be right. That is good to know. :biggrin: :biggrin: Like I said the first person who offers to take the bet, it is theirs. I am only giving one offer, and the first taker is the one I will accept. If none of you take it is just makes me feel even more strongly I made GREAT GREAT choices.

afanofgold

Spectator
don't agree on ur picks...

Now I don't have a $1000 to bet--I just don't bet on anything but I'll go out on a limb and maybe be a FOOL...

mainly on the Ladies:

1) Emily Hughes [if she gets her jumps consistent, adds a TT, and keeps up her energy--if not I still think a medal!]
2) Kim Meissner -- she and EH are the future of US Skating...
3) that small powerful Japanese--NOT Arakawa who is elegant, pretty...is it Suguri???

afanofgold

Spectator
this is as good as any...but

IDLERACER said:
No, as a matter of fact I think the ladie's podium will be:

Gold: Someone we've never heard of who is currently 13 years old but will be 16 in four years.

Silver: Someone we've never heard of who is currently 13 years old but will be 16 in four years.

Bronze: Someone we've never heard of who is currently 13 years old but will be 16 in four years.

But I think that Meissner, EmilyH, KatyT will be ther!

Lanie

On the Ice
Kerrs for Oly gold in dance! :)

I like Elene G from Georgia--she's got a lot of potential. I can see her on the podium.

Grgranny, you'll still be here, telling people how to spell D E F I N I T E L Y! :)

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Red Dog said:
We'll see who gets the last laugh in '10.

Well if nobody takes my bet nobody, since I dont have to pay anything even if I am wrong, and I dont get any money even if I am right.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Mathman said:
No money, but think of the staisfaction you'll get! :yes:

I am already getting satisfaction since everybody is SCARED to bet that much money against my predicitons not all being right. Obvously my predictions were excellent enough to scare people.

R.D.

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
I am already getting satisfaction since everybody is SCARED to bet that much money against my predicitons not all being right. Obvously my predictions were excellent enough to scare people.

Or just maybe no one is interested...ha

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Red Dog said:
Or just maybe no one is interested...ha

Yeah right, if anybody on here had a chance to win an easy $1000, and rub it in my face they would. They simply are too worried about the reverse happening, since my predictions were excellent, they arent ready to take the chance.

antmanb

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
The fact not one of you have taken my bet proves you are all scared I might be right. That is good to know. :biggrin: :biggrin: Like I said the first person who offers to take the bet, it is theirs. I am only giving one offer, and the first taker is the one I will accept. If none of you take it is just makes me feel even more strongly I made GREAT GREAT choices.

Like i said - i don't even know your real identity let alone if you're good for the money...so far your bet is about useful as me making a bet for a million dollars!!

Ant

antmanb

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:

Perhaps they're still paralysed with laughter at your predictions to do anything else?!

Also i don't think many people would be "scared" by words, on a screen, on an internet forum!!! But, if your own delusions of grandeur are increased by these kind of statements go right ahead!!

Ant

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
antmanb said:
Like i said - i don't even know your real identity let alone if you're good for the money...so far your bet is about useful as me making a bet for a million dollars!!

Ant

Mathman already offered to keep the money himself in tow until 2010, didnt he?
:biggrin: Anywhere what is the worst thing that would happen, if the person is bluffing nobody pays and you move on, if the person isnt bluffing you make the money if you are so sure you will win the bet(which of course nobody is since my predictions were so excellent obviously). :biggrin:

It's not so much that one or two of your predictions for gold would work but all four seems a bit too much.

I am sure you joined the Board in expecting a Russian sweep in the past Olys. Well, you would have lost based on the Ladies.

If you were to predict the podium in all four events in Vancouver, I doubt you would even get half right.

Consider the split up in couples in Dance and Pairs for whatever reasons. Consider the injuries in Men's and Ladies singles during the next four years.

Not easy! but it does keep the Board busy during the doldrums of the summer.

Joe

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
Would anybody like to bet 1000$ these will be the medals at the 2010 Winter Olympics:

Pairs:

Gold-Zhang and Zhang or Pang and Tong
Silver-Pang and Tong or Zhang and Zhang

Alright, this has been out for 8 days and how viable of a good "guess" this would be, well I got stuck at the "OR" part. I see what you are saying, but a bet is one or the other.

And I think Idelracer is correct on one of those at least.