ISU limits the use of Biellman Spin starting next season | Page 2 | Golden Skate

ISU limits the use of Biellman Spin starting next season

orchid

On the Ice
passion said:
Just a question or thought, why are people sick of Bielmann? Why don't people say, I'm sick of camel or I'm sick of sit spin? Often, you will see one/both in various combinations, but they are there probably more than once in a program.

Because, this move garners lots of points, and despite the fact that most skaters have poor positions, they will earn the extra points for the effort.

And using this point -getter just to make points detracts from any real artistsy any mediocre skater might achieve.

Now, Off with the more than one catch-foot spiral position.

orchid said:
Because, this move garners lots of points, and despite the fact that most skaters have poor positions, they will earn the extra points for the effort.

And using this point -getter just to make points detracts from any real artistsy any mediocre skater might achieve.

Now, Off with the more than one catch-foot spiral position.
So much a figure skating includes attempts which get points. I'm trying to think of another sport which gives points for attemps. Kicking for extra points in football and missing, putting for a birdie, losing balance on the beam, etc. the question should be why does figure skating maintain a pussy foot sport?

Joe

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
So much a figure skating includes attempts which get points. I'm trying to think of another sport which gives points for attemps. Kicking for extra points in football and missing, putting for a birdie, losing balance on the beam, etc. the question should be why does figure skating maintain a pussy foot sport?

Joe

That is acutely a FANTASTIC point! That would be nice to rid the sport of that aspect IMO. Just as a first impression, yes. Attempted to finish the race, he tried to stay on the rings, yah...what is that really for - doesn't seem to be good for the sport.