Skaters & Look-Alikes | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skaters & Look-Alikes

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I remember when Jasmine Torres was on American Idol, folks voted for her because she resembled Michelle Kwan...

The whole Angela / Chloe thing was a bit scary...

I always thought that Nicholi WAS the assissin/cop from the Bourne Supremecy (best car chase scene EVER!!! love that movie...)

~Muffin~

Match Penalty
Kwanford Wife said:
I remember when Jasmine Torres was on American Idol, folks voted for her because she resembled Michelle Kwan...

The whole Angela / Chloe thing was a bit scary...

I always thought that Nicholi WAS the assissin/cop from the Bourne Supremecy (best car chase scene EVER!!! love that movie...)

I am glad that you agree that Morozov looks like the Russian assasin in that movie and funny the title was the 'Bourne' Supremacy since he is married to Shae-Lynn Bourne.:laugh:

QianHui

Spectator
There's a guy at my school looks SO MUCH like Evan Lysacek when he was young, like in his middle school grade picture from nbcolympics. I don't have a picture of that guy though... It's really creepy. I kept telling my friends about how Evan has a long lost brother. :laugh:

Jennifer Lyon

On the Ice
Every time I see a picture of Hillary Duff, I think it's Tara with her hair dyed a lighter shade of blond.

Something about Kimmie reminds me of Ruth Riley of the Detroit Shock. They don't look exactly alike, but there's a resemblance.

Both of the Prussian Blue twins look like Elena Berezhnaya, but one of them looks so much like her that you'd think the twin really was Elena circa 1994.

When Oksana Baiul was really young, she reminded me of Hayley Mills in "Pollyanna." They even had similar hairdos. But they don't look much alike now.

Alexei Yagudin looks a little bit like former Depeche Mode keyboardist Alan Wilder.

There used to be an actress on "All My Children" named Olga Sosnovska who reminded me of Maya Usova. She left AMC to do a British television show, the name of which escapes me right now.

I guess those are enough look-alikes for now.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Woo nelly!

I can't believe how "honest" you are all being. :rofl:

I refereed to a skater as an animal before and had to retract the statement - even though I didn't mean it in looks, it was just a coincidence that she looks like "that" animal.

I believe hearing that MK was an inspiration for the Disney character Mulan (happens to be the name of my computer - here's one of the wallpapers http://www.hwbhost.com/images/mulan goasted slice sherl.jpg Her for the representation on ice Mulan, BOC.;)

As for the Ma Engels from Little House on the Prairie, and Kimmie - unfortunately a nice call. Now we all know she will be a beautiful lady someday:p but I see a hint of Gwinith Paltrow.

The Jamie Sale / Danica...mainly in the spread she (both of them) did for FMF but always saw something in Melissa Gregory and Jamie being similar in some ways.

The troll doll thing is "evil," funny and I think it is not that bad of a comparison - just look at the pic as she just won the gold, http://www.hwbhost.com/images/5055573.jpg In reality I have only seen one really good pic of her where it almost doesn't look like her http://www.hwbhost.com/images/copy_of_lipinski.jpg

So back to Question - I conversed briefly with a girl a the post office who looked like Shizuka in June of last year, she freaked out that I knew who Shizuka was, nicely elevated her stance and "nose hight" saying she heard that before. Then went off on tangent about American guys liking all Asian women, I told her not so much Asians, but Figure Skaters in genral are hotter normal girls. End conversation.

When I introduced / showed a "new" friend of mine to Sasha, he said "that looks just like my girlfriend with brown eyes and hair." As I thought, "yah right" I met her 2 days later and have to agree, she was even 5' tall - Sasha seems shorter then that to me.

Are there many super models that don't look like Jenny Kirk? - sarcasm What about her and the Fin skater Kyra Coppelli - not sure on spelling and didn't look up, Thought they looked a bit similar.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
There's this actress on the show "Bones", I don't know what her name is or what character she plays because I don't watch the show, I've only seen previews, but she totally reminds me of Ekaterina Gordeeva.

One comparison I really DON'T see is the Sasha/Alexis Bledel. Alexis is so pretty.

IDLERACER

Medalist
QianHui said:
There's a guy at my school looks SO MUCH like Evan Lysacek
I've seen Lysacek up close and in person. He has a bit of a Keanu Reeves vibe about him, sort of in the same way that Alexei Yagudin has an Alec Baldwin vibe about him.

sarahmistral

On the Ice
dancindiva03 said:
One comparison I really DON'T see is the Sasha/Alexis Bledel. Alexis is so pretty.

Hmmm...subtle. Frankly, why bother being roundabout or diplomatic at it? Your constant digs at Sasha are really getting tired; can't all of us dancin divas of all stripes just get along?;)

Sarah M.

password

On the Ice
sarahmistral said:
Hmmm...subtle. Frankly, why bother being roundabout or diplomatic at it? Your constant digs at Sasha are really getting tired; can't all of us dancin divas of all stripes just get along?;)

Sarah M.

ITA...gets old after a while

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
sarahmistral said:

Sarah M.

What's the problem? I think Alexis is exceptionally pretty, Sasha just average. Big deal. Its not like I said she's ugly.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
just a reminder

:clap: Currently one of the most beautiful and talented people in the in the Media eye today.
http://www.hwbhost.com/images/shashahal2.jpg

All things succumb, to that which are evidentially clear.

-I didn't vote for her, and I would still "make cracks at her" and totally respect her.

Last edited:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Jennifer Lyon said:
There used to be an actress on "All My Children" named Olga Sosnovska who reminded me of Maya Usova. She left AMC to do a British television show, the name of which escapes me right now.

I remember her; she played Bianca's girlfriend, Lena. I don't see Maya Usova there, tho, personally; I'm kinda thinking more Margarita Drobiazko.

There was always something about Viktoria Volchkova that reminded me of Tonya Harding. Maybe it was the ponytail.