Skaters & Look-Alikes | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Skaters & Look-Alikes

seanibu said:
:clap: Currently one of the most beautiful and talented people in the in the Media eye today.
Sean, please edit your post and make the image smaller. Images that are too wide stretch out the board and make it hard to read.

Also, unless the image is on your own server or unless you own the copyright, it is better to give a link than to post the actual image. We have had some complaints in the past about displaying copyrighted images, and also about "bandwidth theft" in connection with this issue.

Thanks.

Mathman :)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Sean, please edit your post and make the image smaller. Images that are too wide stretch out the board and make it hard to read.

Also, unless the image is on your own server or unless you own the copyright, it is better to give a link than to post the actual image. We have had some complaints in the past about displaying copyrighted images, and also about "bandwidth theft" in connection with this issue.

Thanks.

Mathman :)

Apologies, I made the image smaller before I posted it, yet it was not as small as I thought it would be should have went one more time. I understand the "bandwidth Theft" but the copyrighted issue I am unclear on, how that would be affected (no need to clarify because I will follow your request) - http://depts.washington.edu/trio/train/howto/pieces/images/cguide.shtml - the photo was linked by another poster here, has no indication of owner (was kind of assuming it was the poster but didn't care because Sasha is the only one who should own it anyway, not true but JMO), being prohibited or copyrighted on the picture, it was from a charity event, not used to promote myself or goldenskate (just Sasha) and no one here including myself will gain any finical profit from the picture as used in the forum in which it was found on.

I COULD BE wrong, so... I do know if there is an issue you will have to deal with it and not I (do not wish to make your situation difficult or stressful), so I most definitely respect you and will not jeopardize having issues on this wonderful forum. These laws can be sticky and a hassel - props to the person who acutely used / linked a picture of Disney's Mulan without going thru Disney sites;) , that is gutsy! But with a degree in "Visual Communications / Graphic Design" I believe we are all in the clear from any of the reasons that the laws were defined in the first place.

Again let me clarify that I respect and abide by you opinion.

WutheringHeight

Spectator
dancindiva03 said:
There's this actress on the show "Bones", I don't know what her name is or what character she plays because I don't watch the show, I've only seen previews, but she totally reminds me of Ekaterina Gordeeva.

One comparison I really DON'T see is the Sasha/Alexis Bledel. Alexis is so pretty.

I actually think Sasha is way prettier than Alexis.

Jennifer Lyon

On the Ice
JonnyCoop said:
I remember her; she played Bianca's girlfriend, Lena. I don't see Maya Usova there, tho, personally; I'm kinda thinking more Margarita Drobiazko.

Margarita Drobiazko looks more like Mariska Hargitay to me.

I caught two seconds of a "Happy Days" rerun this morning, and as soon as Scott Baio appeared onscreen, I immediately thought of Evan Lysacek.

Sean, thank so much for posting this link

http://depts.washington.edu/trio/train/howto/pieces/images/cguide.shtml

about copyright issues. That document makes it very clear about why we should post urls instead of imgs. Posting a link to someone's site cannot possibly be a violation of copyright -- after all, the site owner maintains the site exactly in order that people will visit it. (I am not a lawyer, but site owners have ample means to provent hot linking within their site, if they want to.)

The matter of "extra-wide" posts is unrelated. For instance, every once in a while someone accidentally posts a "word" that is so long that it stretches out the board and makes readers have to scroll back and forth. (Like Yaaaaaaaaaa...ay!!!, for instance.)

MM :)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Sean, thank so much for posting this link

http://depts.washington.edu/trio/train/howto/pieces/images/cguide.shtml

about copyright issues. That document makes it very clear about why we should post urls instead of imgs. Posting a link to someone's site cannot possibly be a violation of copyright -- after all, the site owner maintains the site exactly in order that people will visit it. (I am not a lawyer, but site owners have ample means to provent hot linking within their site, if they want to.)

The matter of "extra-wide" posts is unrelated. For instance, every once in a while someone accidentally posts a "word" that is so long that it stretches out the board and makes readers have to scroll back and forth. (Like Yaaaaaaaaaa...ay!!!, for instance.)

MM :)

Hey, just because I posted my real name doesn't mean you can use it!!!!:rofl: Just kidding!

:agree: It didn't give me any info I didn't have before but I should be a bit weary of things like that because the original source of the pic on the forum did not place the photo, just the link. I think the information was very pertinent to "why we should post urls instead of imgs" - safe than sorry. But as far as violations go, I haven't seen any here that any "organization" would take action on except for 3 Possibly. My ex-wife is an Attorney and an aspect of "3rd party" (la-man's terms) the one who provided the link without the "statement of ownership" would be responsible if the forum "guidelines" state the information on copyrighted material. Restrictions are normally enforced when "gain" from said material is either circumvented from the "owner(s)" or "character" of said owner is some how defimated by or in the unproved use of "property."

I do agree with the "safe then sorry.":agree:

Last edited:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
IDLERACER said:
Naw, Vikka looks exactly like Theresa Russell. I noticed that the first time I saw her.

She does, actually!! Never even thought about it, but then again Theresa Russell had/has a tendency to only appear in strange obscure movies seen by very few, and I think I actually only saw her in one thing.

sarahmistral

On the Ice
WutheringHeight said:
I actually think Sasha is way prettier than Alexis.

Yes, but you don't have a tired old axe to grind with Sasha.:)

The Vika/Theresa resemblance is striking! Talk about showing off what your mama gave ya, Vika! All that hard work obviously pays off for skaters on the ice, when it's time to strut their stuff! :whistles: :yes:

Sarah M.

nattie

Spectator
the girl who plays Rory on Gilmore Girls looks EXACTLY like Sasha Cohen if you don't look up close....i was filpping through the channels and saw her and i was like "Whoah! i had no idea Sasha was guest starring" ...but then again...it might just be me...what do ya'll think?

CDMM1991

Medalist
nattie said:
the girl who plays Rory on Gilmore Girls looks EXACTLY like Sasha Cohen if you don't look up close....i was filpping through the channels and saw her and i was like "Whoah! i had no idea Sasha was guest starring" ...but then again...it might just be me...what do ya'll think?

That's Alexis Bledel, who various people have made comments about being similar-looking to Sasha already in this thread.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
#1Kerryfan said:
People say I look like Sasha.

Picture please:biggrin:

I will be brave first! People say I look like Johnny Z...hee hee:rofl: :rofl: , I wish. I did get a couple of comments at the rink of "you look a little like...." can you guess who?
me at the britts house.jpg

Goofy pic on purpose, didn't want to seem like I was thinking I was anything special, if you saw me skate you would know i wasn't anything at all.:biggrin:

I think one of my exs looks like Carolina K, Her name was Caroline K - she might kill me for this - but if she plucked her eyebrows as Carolina.....
caroline at 21st b_2.jpg
Ah, Haven't seen her in 10 years, she'll never know.