How did you come by your user name? | Golden Skate

How did you come by your user name?

G

Glacierskater

How did you come by your user name?

This may have already been done, and if so, humor me. I was wondering how each of us came by their user name for the board? There are some interesting ones out there, and I am new to the board. If anyone wants to share, I would be really interested.

How I got my name: I bought a cd named WINTER SOLSTICE ON ICE. Apparently it was a production that was done for t.v. and I have yet to find it on tape. Anyway, as I was reading the information for my cool cd, it was describing how they Zambonied part of a glacier for one of the productions and skated on it. I always thought that was one of the neatest things that I had ever heard of. From then on I want to skate on a glacier. A little romantic I know, but still...
And, when I am not skating, sewing costumes, or working, I play Everquest. You can name your characters, and when you get to a certain level, you get a last name. All of mine have the last name of Glacierskater, and the first names have to do with some form of precipitation, like Rheiynn, or Hydra, or Glacier. Anyway, that's me. Please share something about yourself if you are so inclined. MATHMAN, that's a direct invitation :)

L

Ladskater

Re: How did you come by your user name?

Glacierskater:

Interesting name. My user name is not quite so romantic as yours, but involves my initials - LAD and skater - as I figure skated for many years; therefore - Ladskater. Seems to fit!

Ladskater

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:blue;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:medium;">Mine is too obvious to discuss.</span> :lol:

G

Grgranny

Mine's pretty obvious too. I have 3 great grandchildren. Ages 7, 5, & 3.

D

dlksk8fan

dlkk are my initials the rest is obvious.

M

mari60

HI, mari is part of my name. The 60 is the age when I joined GS.

F

Figureskates

It is a statement. I figure skate!

J

John King

How did you come by your user-name?

Interesting topic.I chose the user-name "John King",because it is easier for people to spell or pronounce than my real name:John Arvindale Gopwe Diddlepecker-umpertwinkle-whimpletucker-hicklebottom-mickelbercky-shomshoe-shiptwister III,Esquire.

S

sk8er1964

How did you come by your user name

Ummm, John. Shouldn't you have put "Lord" in front of your real name? :lol:

Mine is boring. Somebody at the USFSA site was using my name (they aren't registered as of yet and this was the first discussion board I ever participated in) so I quickly changed mine so there would be no confusion. I'm a skater, and I was born in 1964. Yawn.......

M

mathman444

I'm afraid mine's pretty boring, too, Glacierskater. I am a mathematician (research interests: algebraic topology, singularities of complex manifolds, geometric techniques in cosmology).

The 444 means absolutely nothing. I tried to register as Mathman, but for some reason I couldn't. Maybe it was already taken by a global user. The I tried to register as Mathman237. 2, 3 and 7 are the first three "Euclidean primes," which is a subject that I was studying at that time. (We found all Euclidean primes up to two billion, beating the old record of a mere 43,000.)

Why does anyone care what the 3,485,843rd Euclidean prime is? They don't. Oh, well.

Anyway, that didn't work either. So by now I'm mad, so I just hit any old key. It happened to be the 4.

So, well, that's about it.

MM

PS. Aloft, can you really fly? Wow! Do you own your own plane?

2loop2002

I landed my first double loop in 2002. And when you say it "two-loop" it sounds a little bit like tulip (humor me here) which is a flower I really like, and I also graduated high school in 2002. Consequently, I had to quit skating, because there was no ice surface in my college town and my parents quit paying for the ice time anyway. Figure skating is a little too expensive for this college student's budget, so probably the only times I will ever land a double loop all occured in 2002. The loop was always my favorite jump, and it was also the first (and only) double I ever landed.

A

Aloft02

Nice straight lines, mathman, but heavens no, I can't afford a plane!

B

Blue Bead

My user name relates to part of my profession. I make beads using all sorts of materials. Some of them I use myself in my own jewelry creations, and many of them are custom made for other jewelry artists. As for *blue*, I just have a "thing" for the color, :lol: . My user name is easy to say and remember, and I don't have to strain my fingers typing it out. :rollin:

Blue Bead

S

starshinexavier

My best friend in grade 10 gave me my name. She was really into the 60's, especially hippies. I swear she WAS a hippie in a previous life. She had a hippie name and felt that I should have one too. So one day, she handed me this paper covered in swirls and neat designs with the name Starshine Xavier in the centre. So from that day on, I've been Starshine Xavier.

D

Dee4707

My user name is without anything clever. Dee is my nickname and there are so many Dee's that I just added part of my address. Haven't had a problem since. It's easy and I can remember it.

Dee

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

Hamilton = Scott Hamilton
Browning = Kurt Browning

I'm a fan of both :lol: I created it when I was just starting to get back into my obsession... and I had just become a huge fan of Kurt... but I didn't want to choose one or the other :lol:

If I could I'd change it to Tonichelle :lol:

P

Piel

A boyfriend in college called me by my first and middle initials P.L. Friends I met at college called me that too but some thought that it was a real name which they spelled Piel. Those friends are now scattered all over the country. It was something easy for me to remember. Also, it brings back wonderful memories of sitting in the student section of the bowl at old Mountaineer Field in Morgantown on Saturday afternoons with those friends.

Piel

C

Cinderella On Ice

My name is Cindy, but when I was a kid and my mom REALLY wanted to get my attention, she would call me "Cinderella." When I first came online, I joined a fitness board. Soon after they changed the format and a glitch made it so you could not use the same name you had chosen (it was already "taken"). So I decided to be Cinderella. Then when I came here, it said there already was one, so I changed it to Cinderella On Ice.

I joined a listserve for competitive adult skaters, and it said Cinderella on Ice was taken, so over there I am Cinderella Sk8s.

I LOVE to skate, and coming back after 30 years feels like maybe my fairy godmother intervened!

H

heyang

My friends always greet me "Hey, Ang" Works for a lot of other people, but I was the 1st to register with it on ezboard.