Tim Goebel Retires | Golden Skate

Tim Goebel Retires

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Not unexpected, but sad. He had so much un-relised potential.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I'm glad that Tim has a solid future planned out for himself and will continue to work with USFS... It goes without saying that while Tim was a casuality of the NJS, injuries, etc. his contributions are mindblowing... I still remember when he was highlighted in USToday as #6 in the "Top Ten Hardest Things to do in Sports" article... it really made the spouse start looking at skating in a different way... I wish Tim nothing but the best in the future... Great athlete, role model and champion...

I applaud Tim for an outstanding career as a competitive skater. He won two U.S. champinships, two world silver medals and an Olympic bronze. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I don't see any reason to be sad now that he is moving on in new directions. Go Tim!

MM

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm happy that Tim made the decision. It was sad to watch him the last couple of years. My heart went out to him when Frank Carroll shrugged him off. Boooooo to Frank Carroll, the stuck up snot. :mad: :mad:

I'm very happy Tim will still be involved in skating and has college plans.

Dee

Very nice young man and I will always remember his 2003 Worlds where he won the silver medal and arguably should have been gold.

That following year with the misalignment of his spine took its toll. So sad.

Joe

skater GO

Rinkside
This was not difficult in imagination.
Therefore I am not surprised, but am slightly sad. :cry:
The choice that is good for him. Real I liked him. The guy who skate whom I leave a good grade, and is splendid.:agree:

mzheng

Record Breaker
Thanks for the link to his web site. It's sad that he has to take his website down. He is the only skater who is so graciouse that made public compliment to his competetor right after his losing to him. If not for his skating style, I'll remember him for this.
Go Tim. you'll success whatever you chose to do.