You be the interviewer | Page 2 | Golden Skate

You be the interviewer

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
It's OK. Just one of MY obsessions. I also HATE those lttle clippies skaters were in their hair when it's too short to put into a ponytail or bangs are too long. I tend to see a lot of things as black or white....no gray.:biggrin:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
"Hey, Dakota! Come here, Cheyenne! Time for dinner, Madison!"
Funny that you said Dakota, that is what I think I would name a girl.:yes:

Alsace

On the Ice
I would ask Dorothy Hamill how Alexandra is doing, Brian Boitano to get another program to televise (I only seem to catch "Cha-Cha" and I'd like something new), Kurt and Kristie how they make their respective marriages work with all the separation that comes with their and their spouse's jobs, Tara if she regrets or enjoys having bought that huge house on the east coast (am I right on this location?), and Michelle if she would ever consider returning to Frank.

These, I realize, are all personal and gossipy questions, but I wish the skaters all the best (I think I have too much time on my hands!)

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Piel said:
It's OK. Just one of MY obsessions.
Hmmm, do you also dislike Cohen being called "Sasha" as opposed to "Alexandra"?

In general, those "cute" names don't bother me too much, but there is one exception - when Dr. Rice is called "Condi". In my opinion - wrong!

psycho

On the Ice
Why is everyone picking on women with "childlike" nicknames. What about the men. Why is it okay for 21 year old Johnny Wier, 40-something Johnny Depp and god knows how old Johnny Cash to keep their names, but 16-year old Kimmie is too childlike?
Seems like a double standard.

For the record, I don't see anything wrong with naming anyone at any age Johnny, Kimmie or Peggy. I am just using this as an example to illustrate a point.

Last edited:

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Ptichka said:
In general, those "cute" names don't bother me too much, but there is one exception - when Dr. Rice is called "Condi". In my opinion - wrong!
I agree that the Bush administration should stop referring to Rice as "Condi," and perhaps the press wouldn't follow suit.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Ptichka said:

but isn't that what she likes to go by?

My full name is Antonia, but I plan to use Toni even in a job... just because I prefer it to the longer name that is never pronounced right anyway...

No, wait. Isn't your middle name "Michelle?" Go for the whole ball of wax: Photo by Antonia Michelle R. :Rock: :rock:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
but isn't that what she likes to go by?

My full name is Antonia, but I plan to use Toni even in a job... just because I prefer it to the longer name that is never pronounced right anyway...
To me, there is a huge difference between how one is called at home vs. in public. As for Toni - I think that's different from the other names that were discussed here. After all, Tony is already a pretty well established name. Just as nobody (I think) had a problem with Bill Clinton not going by William, or Bob Dole not going by Robert (though I always found "Jimmy" Carter a bit odd). So I guess it is a question of what is acceptable in the society at the moment (can you imagine Tommy Jefferson or Johnny Adams).

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Mathman said:
No, wait. Isn't your middle name "Michelle?" Go for the whole ball of wax: Photo by Antonia Michelle R. :Rock: :rock:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lol

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Oh my gosh! This went way off topic but is kinda fun. An example I should use for guys is a old friend thats name is Aireal, (common Jewish name I hear whether I spelled it wrong or not) and He goes by Ari. He's in a band - Cabaret Diosa, Awesome group - so it really wouldn't matter to anyone BUT HIM.

Seani get no feed back on sig or cool Naoko Manga exsept one, Seani said:cry:

:rofl: J/K I have some from friends - there not such fans / connoisseurs of skating as the wonderful group here.

MM I am sure you did, but I hope you sent a welcome to Okami. Don't underestimate Moon prism power!!!!:chorus: :chorus: If they like Naoko's work, they have GOT TO BE COOL!!!!

Back on topic, it would be nice to know, who if any, a given skater would they be willing to share a hotel room with another skater? Platonically.

Last edited:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Since this seems to have turned into a name discussion:

Personally, I think Antonia is a really cool name! However, I can see it getting mangled; I can think of 3 different ways to screw it up right off the top of my head.

What I don't understand regarding Kimmie is, OK, 3, 4 years ago when she first made appearances on the National scene, she was Kimberly. Then she got older and became Kimmie. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

OK, Let's see, interview questions:

Tanith & Ben: If you had known a year ago that you would definitely be going to the Olympics, would you have chosen to do a different type of free dance? [I love these two, but I just found that FD to be the least interesting of all the onese I've seen them do]

Chait & Sakhnovsky: WHAT WERE YA THINKIN'????? [The "Bolero" thing]

Probably come up with more later....

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Antonia is a very cool name... but Toni is less gender specific, and in teh field I want to go in, that's a better way of going about it :)

The way I pronounce it is "Anne-Tone-E-Uh"
most people either drop the A and add an O (ala San Antonio, or Antonio Banderas)
or they do the Anne-Tone-Ya (which drives me nuts)
and then there's "Anne-Toe-Knee-uh" as in the book "My Antonia" (great book btw)

with my name easily butchered I just can't stand my name being misprounounced entirely... which is what happened all throughout school. And it's still that way UGH! (though most profs sit there for a minute or two running it in their head, so annoying!)

It's also quite long when writing it all out...

Last edited:

Eeyora

Final Flight
My name is Alexandra. I also had trouble spelling my name in kindergarden as Sasha did and the teacher made me write Alex on my papers which was alright until people started calling me Alex. I have always hated being called Alex. Had my mother known that Sasha was the Ukrainian/Russian nickname. I may have gone by that. I am also of Ukrainian descent.