Skating Scandal | Golden Skate

Skating Scandal

Jhar55

Medalist
Sorry but don't know how to do a link.
On Yahoo theres a story about the Nancy and Tonya scandel made into an Opera.

SusanBeth

Final Flight
We, as a society, allowed this to happen to two young girls. They're building up their entire lives for this moment. And who are they after that?" Al-Doory said.

We, as a society, never endorsed or promoted knee whacking. In fact, we have always taken the stand that it's a crime. Do people get to toss all sense of personal responsibility these days? I must be behind the times.

I thought the lifetime ban was extreme, especially after SLC, but give me a break. :rolleye:

Jhar, to post a link, just copy the url from your address bar into the GS dialogue box. The v-Bulletinboard software will do the rest automatically. (You can practice in the "Testing" folder if you want. :) )

MM :)

psycho

On the Ice
Please, Nancy and Tonya are old news. ;) What I want to see is Plushy and Yags: the Musical. That would be so awesome!:rofl:

IDLERACER

Medalist
"Tonya and Nancy" follows the lines of "Jerry Springer _ The Opera," a London hit based on the equally lowbrow world of daytime talk TV. Al-Doory takes the well-known rivalry between the skaters and recasts it as one in which they both struggle to overcome personal troubles and public perception.
This article aroused enough curiosity in me to actually go to Amazon.com to see if there were soundtracks available for either of these plays. The Springer one is only available as an expensive import. It's interesting that the British often have a more realistic take on American culture than us yanks. Click HERE to take a look at the thing. There are a few song titles (one involving Montel Williams) that cannot be mentioned in this or any other family oriented bulletin board.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
psycho said:
Please, Nancy and Tonya are old news. ;) What I want to see is Plushy and Yags: the Musical. That would be so awesome!:rofl:
:laugh: :laugh: Me too. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Good heavens!!! Shades of Phantom of the Opera!! I thought the Wicked Witch (Harding/Kerrigan story) was dead!!! So is Pavorotti going to play the knee wacking guy? Jerry Springer indeed! Opera has gone to the dogs!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: