Skating Week | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skating Week

flutterby1145

Rinkside
I'm not nearly up to the level of everyone else, but each time I go to the rink, I practice what I've learned in group lessons. I am able to do some small backward swizzles, and I'm trying to learn crossovers, progressives and one foot glides.

Sk8Gr808

Rinkside
flutterby1145 said:
I'm not nearly up to the level of everyone else, but each time I go to the rink, I practice what I've learned in group lessons. I am able to do some small backward swizzles, and I'm trying to learn crossovers, progressives and one foot glides.

You have to walk before you can run, and it sounds like you're off to a great start. Keep working! :yes:

sparkskater

Rinkside
Whooo, today, I think I got the "trick" to doing a double flip. I was watching one of the other skaters practice and everytime they did a jump, they would jump (delay) and then rotate in the air so I did that for my double flip and I landed it without any cheating (and then falling many times HARD on my hand ouch). So I think all I have to do is to check the landing as I'm overotating my double sal and falling left (im a ccw jumper) on my double flip.

Sk8Gr808

Rinkside
sparkskater said:
Whooo, today, I think I got the "trick" to doing a double flip. I was watching one of the other skaters practice and everytime they did a jump, they would jump (delay) and then rotate in the air so I did that for my double flip and I landed it without any cheating (and then falling many times HARD on my hand ouch). So I think all I have to do is to check the landing as I'm overotating my double sal and falling left (im a ccw jumper) on my double flip.

Yeah, what really helped me with the double flip was to wait until the last second to pick in, and lo-and-behold * landed *. Actually, it sounds like you're twisting your body, or leaning on the entrance in your double sal. I did that(still do on some occasions), and just remebering to stay upright helped a whole bunch! Congratulations on your doble flip! I know that's a grand achievement :clap: