Kids at the rink | Golden Skate

Kids at the rink

Wolfgang

On the Ice
I was at my usual Tuesday morning practice, only a couple of 'real' figure skaters and a couple of people taking private lessons, then all of a sudden there's an entire school full of something like 3rd graders!
I think most of the other 'adults' were a little annoyed, I thought it was great fun, and ended up helping a few of the kids with what to do.
What I can't believe is that they just put skates on them, and kind of push them out on the ice without any sort of instructions or help.
The chaperones they have with them are mostly just hanging on for dear life themselves and aren't any help.
Are you seeing this at your rink as well?
Maybe I got a few of the munchkins to ask their parents to take them to lessons.:agree: :rock:

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
We usually get a warning when a bus load of kids are coming to the rink. They usually don't go on the adult sessions, which are right after the morning public sessions.

The last time I took a skating test (which are in the mornings) I had to dodge a big group of kids for a snow day. They had taken the snow and thrown it all over the ice which made little hard balls of ice everywhere. Between the kids and ice balls it was nearly impossible to practice for my test!:p