New Sasha Article | Page 2 | Golden Skate

New Sasha Article

antmanb said:
Actually i think it did say something she'd not said before - it totally went back on the jouranl entry she wrote announcing she'd compete right through to Vancouver 2010. Ant
Doesn't really matter. The point I was making is that it is a promo for the show and she is a silver Oly medalist. It gives the casual fans a reason to go to the show.

Joe

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
I often wonder if people hang on her every word because they genuinely care or that they can just post their snarky comments. Sasha can say or do whatever she wants to with HER LIFE. It finally dawned on me that one poster is totally infatuated with her and tries to throw us off by posting negative things about her.

Dee

:laugh: Dee, I've suspected the same thing for quite some time...:laugh:

antmanb

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Doesn't really matter. The point I was making is that it is a promo for the show and she is a silver Oly medalist. It gives the casual fans a reason to go to the show.

Joe

Sorry the point you were making was its a promo???

About as valuable as saying - its an article, or its words on a page...yes your statement was factually correct...

Ant

tarotx

On the Ice
I personally don't think Sasha actually wrote the April Journal-not that way that it was presented I mean ie: The over the top announcement. I think she wanted her fans to know that she wasn't going pro-that she was staying eligible for the next 4 years (to keep her options open if nothing else) but she really didn't/doesn't know yet what her future holds-ergo the stuff about deciding how much she would compete next year later in that April journal. I also think that the fact that she can't just say she's skipping the GP with out at least threats of consequences may have played a part in her seemingly change of committment status. I think she isn't happy that it has to be all of nothing really for her next season and if she skips next season will she even be able to mentally get back into the game.

As for acting she seems to be enjoying the start of learning a new way to perform-that is what she loves to do. I also think that her talk of it's the process leading up to the big stuff (nationals, worlds, Olympics, ect..) probably goes with how she's looking at her new love as well. She may never get big but she is loving the idea of learning the craft.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
I often wonder if people hang on her every word because they genuinely care or that they can just post their snarky comments. Sasha can say or do whatever she wants to with HER LIFE.

Yes. Personally, though, I tend to like someone who is consistent and is true to his/her word. Hence why I'm rather critical of her for all this. JMO

It's always good to hear honest attacks on Sasha! Heck, she's only dedicated her whole life to skating her heart out. And she's 21 years old so attacks don't hurt any more! Keep em coming.

R.D.

Record Breaker
No one is attacking her in this thread.

I remember there was a time on GS when no one cared about Cohen so much to defend her. What happened?

Eeyora

Final Flight
I think it will be awhile before Sasha makes a definite decision. However I think it is safe to be she will remain eligible. Don't forget Sarah is still eligible. I have a feeling Sasha may sit out the Grand Prix though.