666 - it will be here shortly | Golden Skate

666 - it will be here shortly

With the rash of lingering storms, the melting icebergs in the winter, the tsunamis, the earthquakes, the hurricanes, the tornadoes, the draughts, the present terrors, and with the coming of the sixth of June 06, is Armageddon upon us?

I remember the sixth of June 1966. we knew that was it. The end! However, it never came. On the 7th day of the 6th month in 1966, we were back at our sinful ways and all was good.

Will we get away with it again a week from this Tuesday?

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't think so... I think there's too much put on the whole 666 thing...

besides that's when The Omen opens... and we all know even god stops for Hollywood (or at least they all like to think that lol) ;)

and with that I'm going to bed lol

Buzzz

Final Flight
LOL@Theatregirl1122 :rofl:

Such superstitions only have meaning if you give it to them.:p

Buzzz said:
LOL@Theatregirl1122 :rofl:

Such superstitions only have meaning if you give it to them.:p
It's not a superstition if you believe in the bible as an accurate history of the world. 666 is armaggedon(sp). Whether it is involved in a modern date or something else, it is a biblical prophesy.

How would you explain Armaggedon?

Joe

Buzzz

Final Flight
I wouldn't know Joey. I'm hindu. :biggrin: Too besides such doom and gloom predictions have happened before and thankfully nothing happened.

Buzzz said:
I wouldn't know Joey. I'm hindu. :biggrin: Too besides such doom and gloom predictions have happened before and thankfully nothing happened.
Buzzy - Why the diminutive?

I'm not even a Christian. All I am saying that there it is Armaggedon in the Bible. I don't expect Hindus to know that. So you are excused.

Joewee

No man knoweth the hour or the day, Joe. :) Not even Jesus himself (..."But of that day no man knoweth, no, not the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." -- Mark 13:32.)

One presumes that Jesus, like Emily Hughes waiting for the word from Torino, keeps his bags packed, just in case. :)

R.D.

Record Breaker
One only has to remember the "Y2K" scare and all the predictions of "doom and gloom".

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
One can only hope the world as we know it does "hit the refresh button." Please, bring it on!;)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
With the rash of lingering storms, the melting icebergs in the winter, the tsunamis, the earthquakes, the hurricanes, the tornadoes, the draughts, the present terrors, and with the coming of the sixth of June 06, is Armageddon upon us?

I remember the sixth of June 1966. we knew that was it. The end! However, it never came. On the 7th day of the 6th month in 1966, we were back at our sinful ways and all was good.

Will we get away with it again a week from this Tuesday?

Joe

Jpe:

Check your Bible again - 666 is the mark of the wild beast. Armagedon is God's war.

Red Dog said:
One only has to remember the "Y2K" scare and all the predictions of "doom and gloom".
The Y2K was not biblical. It was an old fashion man made problem. the question is do you believe in Armageddon. I don't but millions do.

Ladskater said:
Jpe:

Check your Bible again - 666 is the mark of the wild beast. Armagedon is God's war.
Hey Lad. I don't doubt you. Since I am not a biblical scholar or even a bible follower, I could be definitely wrong on all counts. I just thought that the wild beast would cause God's war.

Joe

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Ladskater said:
Jpe:

Actually I think that is a issue of conjecture from the bible, LS is a little more correct in the comment of "wild beast" not necessarily the Devil. And as far as a majority of Revelations goes, it is also a possibility that that is conjecture having to do with "our time." Written by "John the Divine," is more than likely talking about the fall of Rome, which already happened. JAT And as far as this whole prediction thing goes, I am fairly sure there will be no "warning" of any sort as stated in the canonized variations of the bible we are all so familiar with.

I think Joesitz was just doing this tread as a little fun thing anyway, but hey, 2 cents.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
:laugh: :laugh: Is the music skateable?

Joe

Actually in all seriousness i think some skaters have skated to the soundtrack of the film...obviously the orchestral parts. The cheesey love song (Don't wnat to miss a thing) has lyrics and i'm sure i've heard it used in exhibitions several times.

When did the film come out...1997 ish...maybe Elvis or one one the staple "soundtrack skaters" skated to it...him or Todd maybe?

Ant

John King

Final Flight
To begin with,as an atheist,I don't go for biblical prophecy.Second,aren't months and dates all man-made constructs?Wasn't the 'calender' standardised several centuries ago?Which means that,if we continued with the old calender,'666' would fall on a different date.

My fear is that some lunatics will be convinced that the world will come to an end,and try to take people with them.Luckily I never heard of similar things happening on YK2,but all the 'prophecies' of what 'will' happen,I was certain someone would get freaked out.

All we know for certain is that on June 6th,2066,the Clippers will lose.

antmanb

Record Breaker
John King said:
To begin with,as an atheist,I don't go for biblical prophecy.Second,aren't months and dates all man-made constructs?Wasn't the 'calender' standardised several centuries ago?Which means that,if we continued with the old calender,'666' would fall on a different date.

My fear is that some lunatics will be convinced that the world will come to an end,and try to take people with them.Luckily I never heard of similar things happening on YK2,but all the 'prophecies' of what 'will' happen,I was certain someone would get freaked out.

All we know for certain is that on June 6th,2066,the Clippers will lose.

Also the whole "666" surely that would be the sixth day of the sixth month of the sixth year not the sixth day of the sixth month of the two thousand and sixth year...why is the 2000 part ignored? Why wasn't the appocalypse in 1906...or 1806?!

Ant