Slutskaya records a song and promises to strip | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Slutskaya records a song and promises to strip

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
anything_for_skating said:
I don't believe in this stuff

I don't understand this sentence. I think it's probably that our languages are different and you wouldn't understand, had I done the same thing. Just wondered what you mean.

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
Grgranny said:
I don't understand this sentence. I think it's probably that our languages are different and you wouldn't understand, had I done the same thing. Just wondered what you mean.

I mean, I don't believe this info about Irina is correct

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
anything_for_skating said:
I mean, I don't believe this info about Irina is correct

That is interesting? I kinda hope we see skating from her and this isn't true for right now, or really anytimre in the future because I feel like we all have already seen this from her. NOT THE STRIPPING, that I think is over exaggerated and feel like it would - if anything - be more of Ira doing the same "Victoria Secret" style that she has already produced a few of anyway.

I think the "sensationalistic" wording conjures the wrong ideas of what she MAY HAVE said. Might also be a Translation issue again. I thought she was Orthodox or something, and couldn't see her doing anything that wasn't along the lines of what one might see on a Beach in the south of France per sa.

As far as the "big bottom" comment,:scowl: I didn't really like that.:scowl: She has a great figure IMO! But I guess that is what you have to deal with when everyone IS FREE to voice their opinion. Oh well. 2 sides to every coin, and they are both the same size unfortunately - wish it wouldn't flip so much - or ever in this case. Alas free to think and voice:eek:hwell:

Last edited:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Seanibu, you're right about sensational headlines. Every time I translate those Russian articles I get shocked by how they will choose one tiny "dirty" line and make that into a headline. However, when I translate I try to maintain as much as possible the spirit of the original. Also, "strip" is in this case my own translation of the Russian original, but I don't think direct translation would have been any better in this case - "Slutskaya records a song and promises to undress" (MM, if you think that's better, feel free to change the thread title).

R.D.

Record Breaker
it comes to the same meaning, really. I have no problem with the title as is.

Me either. "Strip" can be taken in a kind of campy, sassy, Gypsy Rose Lee sort of way, without shocking anyone, IMHO.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Ptichka, I don't have a problem with the headline either. I think the latter is more funny but same diff. I shows that the media will really do anything they can to make it seem like more than it is.

Also my comments about translation were not indicating you had done anything under question - more the direction of how words in the mind can be formed with a meaning that one so desires, as reading something that has be translated. Not that you made it mean something that it didn't. I hope I didn't come across as though I was saying you had done wrong. (praying for forgiveness emoticon)

I wouldn't put it past Irina to say something to generate attention her way either.

Last edited:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Re. the headline, It's not the "strip" I'm focusing on, it's the "promise" aspect. To me, it kind of reads that there's an implication there that we all have just been CLAMORING for her to take it all off ever since she turned 18 or something....:laugh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
what? I don't see that AT ALL. Then again, I've been around picture forums where I see "catchy" titles all the time. This one is pretty "tame" compared to those. JMO

heyang

Record Breaker
if anything, having a show in St P might help make a baby. I can only imagine that all the touring outside of Russia means not being with her husband. By having her show close to home, she can spend more time with him.

On a side note, the show might help encourage potential skaters in Russia.

Plushy's got a baby now too. Perhaps he and Irina should team up to develop a show.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Well, I'm exaggerating a bit, but -- well, I'm a writer so I notice stuff like that; the way something is worded or phrased can make a difference in what the whole thing implies, at least it does to me.

However, based on my previous post, I am now getting this mental picture of Irina at a standard post-competition press conference and while answering a question about what she thought of Sasha's performance, or explaining why she two-footed her lutz or whatever, a couple of yahoos are in the back yelling "Take it off!!" "Show us your ****!!" :laugh:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Mathman said:
Or maybe she just plans on mooning the interviewer.

Now THAT'S something I'd pay good money to see. I'd like to see her moon Peter Carruthers after he says something really dumb.
:)
Rave

R.D.

Record Breaker
Irina has done lots of "sexy" photoshoots, if you'd like to call it that anyway. I know because one day I stumbled across all these pictures of her that I've never seen before...

Spirit

On the Ice
More power to Irina, and nothing against her, but if a Russian is going to do some racy photos, why couldn't it be Elena Sokolova?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Spirit said:
More power to Irina, and nothing against her, but if a Russian is going to do some racy photos, why couldn't it be Elena Sokolova?

They were kind of racy - IMO she/ they should wait until pro for getting "sexy shoots"
#1 is to "suggestive" to post. For my comfort anyway.
http://www.hwbhost.com/images/sok2.jpg - yah that's a practical swimsuit:laugh:
http://www.hwbhost.com/images/sok3.jpg
http://www.hwbhost.com/images/sok4.jpg
#5 is to "suggestive" to post. For my comfort anyway.
http://www.hwbhost.com/images/sok6.jpg
I also don't think she looks that great in them either, her face has so much make up caked on and she just looks out of place having the "attempted sexy look" on her face.

As "sexy" as I think is necessary why still in competitive standings -
http://www.hwbhost.com/images/5086916_237x300.jpg

My Fave:love:
http://www.hwbhost.com/images/5086909_240x300.jpg

Mainly because of world culture. All of these are very tame by the south of France standards, but 1000 miles to the east and these pictures (particularly #s 1 and 5) might cause a riot.

Last edited: