Piseev re-elected as Russian Skating Fed Pres | Golden Skate

Piseev re-elected as Russian Skating Fed Pres

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
http://sports.ru/today/other/news/154177800000031178.html

Pissev is re-elected as the Skating Federation President

Valentin Pissev has been re-elected as the Russian Skating Federation President. The voting conference of the federatino took place on Friday in the capital's cultural center "Moscovite".

Piseev was the only candidate for the post, and he was elected unanimously by the 68 delegates.

Following the election, he said that it was the last time he runs for the position.

Valentin Piseev has been heading Russian Figure Skating Federation since 2002.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ptichka said:
Piseev was the only candidate for the post, and he was elected unanimously by the 68 delegates.

Following the election, he said that it was the last time he runs for the position.

Next time he maybe expects to be declared President for Life?

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
Well if the bottom line is how you measure success one must admit he has done an excellent job.
Actually, I would not admit it at all. He did manage to capitalize on what the Soviet system built, but he failed miserably at building a post-soviet alternative. That Russia still has some strong juniors is in spite of Piseev rather than because of him.

It could be that no body thinks they can do it better than him, in which case, Pisseev is the man. I just wonder if he comes up with a dynamite team before the next Olys.

Joe

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Joe, don't be so naive. People know that at the end of the day Piseev will be re-elected anyway, and don't want him to see them as his enemies.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Ptichka said:
Actually, I would not admit it at all. He did manage to capitalize on what the Soviet system built, but he failed miserably at building a post-soviet alternative. That Russia still has some strong juniors is in spite of Piseev rather than because of him.

Actually that is a good point. The skaters that are succeeding in the last few years are the last skaters who began training as kids under the end of the old Soviet regime; and long before he was in power. So maybe I am giving him too much credit. There does not seem to be alot of emerging talent, especialy for Russian standards. There are skaters who still do well in juniors from Russia, but dont look like real prospects after a couple years in seniors.

Alsace

On the Ice
Does the Russian system have a condition that will allow Piseev to pick his successor? Who will he be grooming to take over his position for the next Olympiad?