How did you pick your user name? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

How did you pick your user name?

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
heyang said:
Most of my friends greet me 'Hey, Ang!' - as opposed to Hello/Hi, Angie. thus the user name.

I always assumed it was Chinese! (It looks of Chinese origin when typed out, at least to me)

Grgranny, thanks for starting this thread; this is INTERESTING.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, this thread is fascinating. I figured out some of the names, but other ones were eye openers.

I guess mine is obvious. I'm a huge Todd fan :rofl: , but I :love: the whole sport a lot and really like a lot of other skaters in each discipline too.

Thanks, Granny for starting this thread.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
iluvtodd said:
I guess mine is obvious. I'm a huge Todd fan :rofl: , but I :love: the whole sport a lot and really like a lot of other skaters in each discipline too.
OMG, what a shocker!!! I would have never guessed why!! :laugh: :clap: :laugh:

Dee

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
My name seems pretty obvious. I grew up in theatre and that's how I identified myself for a long time. I spell theatre with re instead of er because, well, very few people that I know who actually do theatre (at least out her in New England) will spell it with an er. 11/22 is my birthday (November 22nd), although it has far more historical signifigance than that.

On other boards I often use ScoutingNerd175, 175 because it's my F.I.R.S.T. robotics team number and Scouting Nerd because my job on the team is to take excessive amouts of data on other teams and see which one's would make the best partners for us. I decided not to do that one on here because I didn't think that anyone would get the referance.

heyang

Record Breaker
JonnyCoop said:
I always assumed it was Chinese! (It looks of Chinese origin when typed out, at least to me)

The phonetic spelling for my Chinese name is Jong-Hon-Ji. I sometimes use that or Hon-Gee if heyang is already in use.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
JonnyCoop said:

You're not the only one who assumed that!

Antilles

Medalist
I'm a huge fan of Star Wars, both the movies and the books. There is a character who has a small role in all three films of the first trilogy, and a larger role in the books, named Wedge Antilles. He's one of my favourite characters, so I use his name.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I adore Wedge Antilles!!!! Love both the movie and book characters... you gotta feel for the man in the X-wing series lol... especially when Aaron Allston(?) gets ahold of a story... that man is flat cruel to his characters ;)

megsk8z

On the Ice
Mine is my nickname (short for Maegan and isn't that the weirdest way to spell it you ever saw?), meg and I think "sk8z" is pretty clear. It's what Iz do. :)

IDLERACER

Medalist
The Idle Race was an obscure British rock group that was active for two years (1967-1969). The lead singer-songwriter went on to form the Electric Light Orchestra in the early 70s. I've always liked their music. Click HERE if you're curious.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Mine's easy. Purple (my favorite color) plus Cat (my nickname) equals purplecat. :)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
IDLERACER said:
The Idle Race was an obscure British rock group that was active for two years (1967-1969). The lead singer-songwriter went on to form the Electric Light Orchestra in the early 70s. I've always liked their music. Click HERE if you're curious.

Jeff Lynne?

Idle did you like the band Spirit?

Last edited:

Kasey

Medalist
I'm boring. It's my name! (Duh). Although my given, legal name is "Kimbirli", and no one in my family remembers where or from who "Kasey" came from....but it's been around for 30-something years, so I answer to it! :)

IDLERACER

Medalist
Piel said:
Jeff Lynne? Idle did you like the band Spirit?
Yes. believe it or not, I went to dog-grooming school with Mark Andes' 2nd wife Lori in the mid 80s. It was while he was in Heart.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Ravyn Rant said:
Me too!
If you've read many of my posts, it should be obvious why I chose "rave-n-rant" as a screen name! :laugh:
I've had this screen name since the dawn of the internet. It's just so perfectly me.
xoxo
Rave

Slainte!

I will have to say that your Avatar is one of - if not thee - favorite of mine. I just went with a guy IN MY AVATAR:laugh: who fit the way I feel. Now that I picked it I have seen the routine and say I am glad I picked it, fits me well.

This one just isn't appropriate -
http://www.hwbhost.com/images/fumie and me fake 2.jpg

Anyhoo, Ichi Bon Fumie Kampai!!!!

Last edited:
Sashafans was the 1st board I joined, right after the Olympics, and it seemed de rigeur to have a Sasha-related name. I tried to be a little subtle about it. I love her spins and so I modified the fairy-tale phrase "spun gold" (usually used of the golden haired princess, lol) in honor of the Olympic silver.

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
I think it's not hard to guess...I've been really thinking what to pick and this is what really describes me! I would give ANYTHING, really anything for skating! It's my whole life, you take it away from me-I'd kill myself

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Spun Silver said:
Sashafans was the 1st board I joined, right after the Olympics, and it seemed de rigeur to have a Sasha-related name. I tried to be a little subtle about it. I love her spins and so I modified the fairy-tale phrase "spun gold" (usually used of the golden haired princess, lol) in honor of the Olympic silver.

Cute name! (from one uber to another...;) )

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
seanibu said:
Slainte!

I will have to say that your Avatar is one of - if not thee - favorite of mine. I just went with a guy who fit the way I feel. Now that I picked it I have seen the routine and say I am glad I picked it, fits me well.

This one just isn't appropriate -
http://www.hwbhost.com/images/fumie and me fake 2.jpg

Anyhoo, Ichi Bon Fumie Kampai!!!!
Seanibu-
The "net nanny" on my work computer won't let me see that image...just how inappropriate is it?
Please translate "Kampai". "Ichi bon" I know (and I agree). Thanks!
Rave