Johnny Weir programs for 2006-2007 | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir programs for 2006-2007

debdelilah

On the Ice
I found this link on FSU: http://www.kataniye.com/johnny_weir/news.htm

Johnny has chosen the music for his free skate--and Marina Anissina will be the choreographer.

He's also choreographing a new show program(and doing the choreo himself) because he's gotten tired of "My Way".

He says he's excited that Stephane and Shizuka are joining the tour.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Persian music, that sounds interesting.

Dee

It's confusing to read when he talks about his short and long mixed in with COI. Is it clear to anyone that he is talking 'Persian' for COI, and the choreographers for competitive skating?

Joe

debdelilah

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
It's confusing to read when he talks about his short and long mixed in with COI. Is it clear to anyone that he is talking 'Persian' for COI, and the choreographers for competitive skating?

Joe

No, the Persian music is for his free skate, I think.

He didn't say what his new show program would be. But COI audiences should find out shortly, I bet. :)

I'm not aware of Persian composers, but I would think there are many. A very cultured land, indeed. About Johnny: Will it be Persian music or Persian-like music?

Joe

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Nick Traxler and Charlette Maxwell had a lovely Persian Folk Free Dance last season (and I have been raving about it non-stop). I wonder if it's the same piece of music? Obviously there are a lot of other Persian composers, but this music was magnificent.

I am looking forward to seeing all of his new programs. But I can watch "My way" any time.

Johnny you rock!

pollyls

Rinkside
Persian music could conceivably take Johnny in a fiery, assertive direction like his Capriccio short program did. I would be very into that.:rock: He's already shown us he can do the flowing lyrical stuff.

waxel

Final Flight
Just saying it's "Persian" does leave unanswered questions. Perhaps he just means the flavor of the music is middle-Eastern? Personally, that is my LEAST favorite genre.

Vash01

Medalist
Is the composer of Michelle's Taj Mahal LP Persian? The name sounded Persian to me. If Johnny chooses this music, I would love it.

Vash