What is your best jump? | Golden Skate

What is your best jump?

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
For me the Double Axle is actually easier than all of the other Double jumps. There is something about the forward momentum that just comes more naturally to me than jumping backwards.

I also find the Flip + Lutz to be easier than the Salchow and Loop. I get SO much strength and balance from using the toepick. Having to jump backwards off just one foot does something wonky to my balance and I can't land those two jumps as consistenly as a Pick-jump or Axle.

Is this weird???????

skatinghunni

Spectator
my best jump is a double axle too woot woot and double toes are just silly i just cant do them .....and double lutzes are tough for me too but tripple sals arent too bad when i land them

Lanie

On the Ice
Probably the flip. I hate the Lutz and the loop. My Salchow sucks. Haha.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
:rofl: The Bunny hop, does that count? I think I am breaking the 30cm mark:laugh: :p

Well I am back at it anyway!!!!

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
Zuranthium said:
For me the Double Axle is actually easier than all of the other Double jumps. There is something about the forward momentum that just comes more naturally to me than jumping backwards.

I also find the Flip + Lutz to be easier than the Salchow and Loop. I get SO much strength and balance from using the toepick. Having to jump backwards off just one foot does something wonky to my balance and I can't land those two jumps as consistenly as a Pick-jump or Axle.

Is this weird???????

I actually think it's not weird!

And I won't say what I do, I think it's kinda bad luck :p

Sk8Gr808

Rinkside
I'm the same way. I found the double toe really difficult. I finally got it, thank god, but I still find all the other doubles, like loop and flip, to be a lot easier. I also keep popping my double lutz, so I gotta work on that! :p

bobby

Rinkside
I really enjoyed double axle's, they were my best jump. My lutz was my worst, I would always over lutz and hurt my ankle. All the inbetween's I felt equal about, and enjoyed triple two and sal, when I had good fly. I actually like both edge and pick jumps the same, (minus the lutz, cringe). I like russian spilts too, unless you get the bum pick and then no air, hahah, I always hated that feeling, inertia, it was like going for a slam dunk and jumping about two feet in the air! I still laugh about that.

bobby

Rinkside
How is the new judging system affecting lower levels....

I got out of the game right when the 6.0 system went out the door and I was wondering how the new system is affecting the lower levels at the club and regional level. I imagine little robots, (more so then before) chaulk full to elements that leave no room for personality in the program. I would like to know what others think.
p.s I don't know how to start a forum, so can someone copy and paste this and start one for this computer illiterate kid?

Last edited:

c_e_ahlen

On the Ice
I love the double flip. I'll be starting on the triple flip this season, so we'll see how that goes.

Skate@Delaware

On the Ice
My best jump is the salchow!!!!! I can't do a loop yet (not one-footed) and am struggling with the 1/2 loop (it's not all that). And the waltz is also being worked on, I'm trying for more height. I hate the toe-loop because I was taught incorrectly (toe-waltz).

Bunny-hops are evil!!!!!

Lanie

On the Ice
Flip and toe loop. Once I get my boots fixed (they're at the shop) I could probably add Lutz; I felt so wobbly and unstable on that backward glide because my foot was hurting so much!!

Edge jumps are EVIL!

IcePrincess

Rinkside
I love the lutz, toe loop, salchow, loop, flip

I think I will love the double salchow when I start landing it on one foot...... :)