What are your goals in figure skating? | Golden Skate

What are your goals in figure skating?

flutterby1145

Rinkside
My goals in figure skating right now are to move up to the next Basic Skills level (Adullt 2). My other goal right now is to be able to do backward swizzles with speed and to master the one foot glide in my new skates.

Lanie

On the Ice
Dislocate your ribs? What on earth are you doing? lol

ETA: My goals are to get my Lutz back on track and hopefully start the Axel within a month or two, and get my spins more stable and able to do more rotations. Nicer back bend in the layback would be nice because I can do it off the ice! I'm ALMOST at my goal of Sasha Cohen Spiral(tm). :D Oh, another goal - START ICE DANCING.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
New,
Develop head gear that doesn't effect jumps - not a helmet, just something that alleviates some of the impact without throwing off the center of gravity. ETA - just for practice / learning.

To make FS 50%+ more popular.

To do a Double anything - besides a Flutz.:laugh:

To have a real time score board. They better come out with this or you will never hear the end of it.

To start...

Last edited:

icy fresh

On the Ice
My immediate goals:

Pass Junior moves
Land double loop and double toe consistently
Medal at regionals.

I know that my placement at regionals is out of my control, but I still think it'd be nice to earn a medal and skate a clean program with all of my doubles. So I guess that would mean that my goal is a clean program at regionals!

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
My short-term goal: pass the Swing and Fiesta Tango, and Pre-Juvenile Moves.

Long-term goals: Senior Moves, Senior Free Dance, and the International Compulsories.

Rusty Blades

Rinkside
At 56 and after 36 years away from skating, I started again in January. I simply want my basic skills back!!!

Goals?

My first goal was to have all my edges back by September - I have just started backward edges.

By December I want to have a variety of turns - I have two-footed turns already and getting close to being able to do the 3-Turns and Mohawk.

Along with the edges and turns, I want to get some footwork by December.

If I make those goals by December, I want to put together a Prelim. Interp. program and compete in March.

Mrs Redboots

On the Ice
To win the Couples Elementary Dance section of the British Adult Championships.

I can dream, can't I? It won't happen, because the free dance is worth 60% of the marks, and there is a couple whose free dance is their best feature - we may be able to beat them in compulsory dance (but then again, we may not!), but there is no way we can beat them in free dance.

Oh well, it's good fun trying! As my husband says, "At our level, it's only a game!"

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
My goal is to pass my ADULT BRONZE MIF test! After failing twice I'm hoping three times the charm:yes:

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
I taught a bit...

Those are my two life wishes that I said, and my life goals in FS (I think TOTALY possible)
But I'll have to wait a bit for it so I thing the thing before that would be to compete ate JGP :p

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Lanie said:
Dislocate your ribs? What on earth are you doing? lol
The first time was odd, I thing I tried to pull my left shoulder/arm around too hard to get the rotation, and I felt a "pop" and a lot of pain right where the ribs meet the sternum. I have really flexible joints anyway and seem to be prone to joint dislocations anyway. The second time, I fell fowards and put my arms out to stop my face from hitting the ice, and there was that "POP" again. NOT a good experience. And having them put back in place feels even worse! So yeah, I'm trying to avoid doing that ever again.

terriskates

Rinkside
dlkksk8fan said:
My goal is to pass my ADULT BRONZE MIF test!:

That is my goal too, as well as passing the Bronze free after the four retries before moves were required. I also want to compete at AN- just one time will do.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Have you taken your bronze mif yet?

I have my music for my bronze free program, but no program. I'd like to compete at least once too.

sonar

Spectator
short-term: take and pass adult bronze fs
learn and land lutz, then lutz-loop-loop

long-term: take and pass up to intermediate mif; perhaps also try novice mif
learn and land axel; attempt some doubles
learn and master all one and two foot turns (well, if I say I want to master all of these turns, I suppose that means I need to make senior mif my goal, but I'm being realistic here!)

singerskates

On the Ice
Near Goals: Heal up my left shoulder/arm, pass Baby Blues and Fiesta Tango

Intermediate Goals: Pass Prelim FS, Pass Introductory Interpretive, Pass Prelim Skills and the last two Junior Bronze dances

Future Goals:pass Junior Bronze FS and Skills, become a Level 1 Figure Skating Coach

Competitive Goals:Compete at the 2007 Boston Pizza WOS StarSkate Sectionals, compete at 2007 Adult Canadians in Calgary, if in North American compete at the 2007 ISU Adult International Competition, compete in some events in Michigan.

Long term competitive goals: Win the Gold medal at Adult Canadians in Adult Bronze (Junior Bronze) FS and later win Gold in Adult Silver (Senior Bronze) FS

singerskates :agree:

mskater93

Record Breaker
Short term goals: Clean up program and skate it consistently clean in competition until AN's next year (make incremental improvements to program at each competition planned)

Medium term goals: Pass Novice MIF. I just started on these after AN's and they are making slow but steady progress. Pass Intermediate FS.

Long term goals: Senior MIF and at least Novice FS

terriskates

Rinkside
dlkksk8fan said:
Have you taken your bronze mif yet?

I have my music for my bronze free program, but no program. I'd like to compete at least once too.

I took it back in March and got a retry. To be honest, my coach literally had to twist my arm to try it then, as I felt I wasn't ready. Now I really want to pass the darn thing!
I have a program, but it may have to be changed. From reading the Peach Classic announcement, if it's any indication, Pre Bronze free skaters that compete in Pre Bronze freestyle will be held to the same spin and jump maximums as the Bronze skaters ( two spin elements, three jump elements, footwork covering at least 1/2 the ice surface).
If the Halloween Classic folks do this, I'll be taking out one spin and one jump element!

princess-ice

Rinkside
My goals for skating ...........

Immediate goals: continue work hard on my Novice moves with the intent to pass the test in late Fall; consistent training to achieve my competive goals this Pre-Juvenile season, which include a strong placement at Regionals; and work on more soft knee action and overall speed on the ice. ;)

Near-Future goals: to pass my Senior moves test by fall 2007; have a strong double Axel and 1 or 2 good triples by December 2007; and compete and skate well at U.S. Junior Nationals. :)

Future goals: Olympic dreams!! :biggrin: