What are your goals in figure skating? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What are your goals in figure skating?

CDMM1991

Medalist
Immediate Goals:

Get my double axel and triple sal
Make the Canada Games Team

Long-Term Goals:

Feel satisfied with my skating by the time I quit.

c_e_ahlen

On the Ice
My goals

I want to take my final tests to move up to A (Swedish competing classes), and get my Axel and tripple Sal, and maybe tripple flip.

I'm aiming for nationals either this year or the next.

IcePrincess

Rinkside
My goal is to have a blast everytime I am on the ice
Work on all my elements
And get better everyday
:)

Peace!;)

StillBlueLake

Rinkside
My immediate goal is to pass Bronze FS this August.

Then, my coach and I are going to work on Silver FS program. I expect it to take time to get it right and get it competitive, but I'm very excited to have a program reach that big ol' 2 minute mark. :D

I want to land my axel next season.

I'd like to pass Silver MIF and FS by the end of Summer 07 and I'd like to compete at the Silver level at 08 Adult Nats.

By 2009, I'd love to pass Gold MIF and FS, but I"m not sure how realistic this is. I think Silver might take me a little longer. In 09, I'm planning on getting preggers, so I'll be on hiatus.

My ultimate goal is to pass all the Adult tests, to coach other Adults and to make Championship Gold at Adult Nats.....someday. Hopefully with a double or two.

Figureskates

On the Ice
After reading the above, my goals are no where as lofty!

I'll settle for passing pre-Figures this summer and Figures 1 by late winter.

brinababy87

Rinkside
short term: get solid technique on my jumps, feel at complete ease when doing moves, crossovers.

long term: get all doubles, be a good spinner.

backspin

On the Ice
Short term: pass 2 more dances over the winter/spring.

Long term: finish my gold dances & my senior free dance. Then I can coach all the way up!

Mrs Redboots

On the Ice
Immediate short-term goal: Pass the Swing on Friday!
Best of good luck to you - Level 4 Silver compulsories (Swing Dance and Fiesta Tango) are on my "hopefully this winter" list, along with Level 3 Bronze Dance Moves (and if I don't get them, that's a big disaster, as they change the system next year!).

More immediate than that, though, are a dance competition at Bristol next Sunday, and the British Adult Championships at the end of September. Where the best we can hope for is Silver, and that is very unlikely indeed, alas.... Bronze is far more probable, and 4th place (out of 4) not altogether ruled out!

Do let us know how you get on in the Swing Dance.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
*sigh* Unfortunately, the test chair called this morning and said their dance judge has "cancelled." When she said who it was I suspected that it was more he was told not to judge anything over preliminary any more as he's quite old and can't see all that well. (So why exactly did she ask him in the first place?!? Everyone in the freakin' REGION knows this!) So now I don't know when I'm testing it. There's a remote possibility that I could go with my coach on Saturday up to Vermont and their test chair would allow me to slot in (the test chair for this one said she'd called around to let other clubs know about the problem) but that's a long ride. Also, there's a session at another club two hours away next week that might or might not have dance (she seemed to think it did and implied she'd talked to them, the NEICC site says it's just FS/MIF.)

I'm just really annoyed. Now I have to reorganize my work shedule (I had tomorrow off), and I was ready to test it. I don't want to wait a matter of weeks, throw off everything else I was working on, and possible shove either the Fiesta or Pre-Juv MIF even farther back.

Forget tomorrow. I don't even want to go to work today. I'm too depressed.

Mrs Redboots

On the Ice
Oh no, poor you - what a horrid thing to happen. So frustrating!

It's often possible to get a last-minute test somewhere when this sort of thing happens, so I hope you can.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
I just passed the Ten-Fox yesterday, which was the last of my bronze dances. My new goal is to pass the three pre-silver dances (Fourteenstep, European Waltz, and Foxtrot) by the end of next August.

Figureskates

On the Ice
After reading the above, my goals are no where as lofty!

I'll settle for passing pre-Figures this summer and Figures 1 by late

winter.

I passed preliminary figures last Sunday at Lake Placid. I am pushing for passing Figures 1 next summer (Lake Placid is a lovely place to test and it's home ice for me).

brierfall

Spectator
Land a fully rotated non-double footed double jump!(Other than double salchow) I can land a fully rotated one and put my foot down, or land it on one foot but then I cheat the rotation...*le sigh*

singerskates

On the Ice
Short Term Goals:
Actually be healthy on test day so I can test my prelim FS for a change.
Have strong loops, flips and lutzes. Get a strong at least 8 rev solid back spin. Get a forward stratch change foot to back stratch spin 8 revs in total or more.
Have a forward camel change foot to back camel 4 revs on each foot.
Have a forward to back sit spin at least 4 revs on each foot.
Learn Ina Bauer.

November Goals:
Learn the 1 axel and also do it in combination with either a loop or a toe loop.
Learn the flying camel and use it in a flying back camel to forward camel.
Use the flying camel in combination.
Get ready to test Junior Bronze FS.
Learn outside spread eagle.

January:
Prepare to compete in Canadian Adult Silver with the possibility of competing in Adult Gold and testing Senior Bronze at the competition.
Get the double Salchow I had a year and 4 months ago before injury back.
Learn the double Toe and possibly the double loop.
Learn flying sit.
Improve layback spin if spine allowes me (two herniated discs).

February:
Compete at Skate Canada WOS Boston Pizza StarSkate Sectionals in adult events.

March:
Compete at Adult Canadians in Calgary.

April: Don't know what competitions will be in the Michigan area across the border that will have Adult events.

May: Compete in the Ann Arbour Spring Skate

June: either take a break for the summer or take my first coaching course (CanSkate Coach) and then take NCP Level 1 course.

Sept. 2007 start coaching on the CanSkate and StarSkate sessions. Love the little ones.

Brigitte

Now let's see if it all works out for me this year.