'07-08 regionals/sectionals/nats | Golden Skate

'07-08 regionals/sectionals/nats

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Call me dim witted, but I know I've seen info for at least '08 Nats somewhere. And now I can't find it, or any of the other regional or sectional info for that season. The USFSA calendar only goes to 4/14/07. Any info, websites, etc. anyone could provide would be much appreciated. I know '08 Nats has to be closer than Spokane and I'd like to see a regionals or sectionals that season if I could swing that too.

TIA!

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Have you seen anything on Middle Atlantics?
Use my link above, scroll down/enter "Nonqualifying / Clubs" in the Event Type field and "New York" in the By State field and you'll find the info. :)

Thanks Sylvia - Middle Atlantics will be in mid September I hope they have one or two celebrities there like Emily or Rohene.

Joe

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Sylvia said:
Go to: http://www.usfigureskating.org/Events.asp
In the blue Event Search box, scroll down/enter "Regionals" in the event Type field; do the same for "Sectionals."
Only the 9 Regionals and 3 Sectionals locations/dates for the 2006-07 season have been decided.

2008 U.S. Nationals will be in St. Paul, Minnesota. Edited to add link to event info:
http://www.xcelenergycenter.com/events/detail.jsp?event_id=198
Color me confused, but all I could find was info for a $495 deposit. Nothing about ticket prices/levels. It says general admission. I'm one of those super organized people who likes to plan big things like this in advance. Waaaay in advance if possible. I can't afford not to. I think my row G seat all event was only like $775. I don't want to put out the $495 if I'm not going to be getting the good seats, when I'd also have airfare, hotel, food, etc. expenses. KWIM?

Sylvia

Record Breaker
childfreegirl said:
Color me confused, but all I could find was info for a $495 deposit.
Yup, join the folks who are unhappy about the lack of all-event ticket package pricing info ahead of time -- I believe the all-event ticket prices for 2007 Spokane Nationals (also requires a $495 deposit per package) aren't even finalized yet!

What's KWIM?

Last edited:
Someone has to pay for that inflation which is hitting us now with that dumb war in Iraq. trouble with increased prices is that they never go down!!

Joe

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Joesitz said:
Someone has to pay for that inflation which is hitting us now with that dumb war in Iraq. trouble with increased prices is that they never go down!!

Joe

Yup. I can understand a small price increase, but to not have the prices finalized yet, espically for Spokane, is outrageous! IIRC, when I ordered '06 tickets in August of '04, I think it was, the prices were up and had been for some time at least. At least I know I wasn't one of the first to order off the St. Louis Nats website.

And for there not to be a website for '08 Nats yet, is shortsighted? irresponsible?, just plain out not smart, IMO. Nats is a big event and you'd think that the organizers would want to be a little better prepared, and trying to have as much publicity as possible.

Of course I'm one of those super organized people who try to approach things logically. I know the rest of the world dosen't function like that.

I guess I'll just have to settle for counting the days until Mids in Birmingham.