Mishin in the US | Golden Skate

Mishin in the US

eleonora.d

On the Ice
Hi everyone, I hope someone knows something more about this thing that I red today on the newspaper.. Carolina Kostner at the moment should be in the US (from June 20th to 30th) to follow Mishin's stage.. does anyone know about it? Where are they training?

Hi eleanora - Where did you get this information about Mischin being in the US for his stage? what is a stage? what would Carolina have to do with it?

Joe

Lanie

On the Ice
I know Mishin worked in St Paul, MN with some lower-level skaters like Eliot Halverson (2006 US Novice champ). So perhaps over there somewhere? I'm not sure!

eleonora.d

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
Hi eleanora - Where did you get this information about Mischin being in the US for his stage? what is a stage? what would Carolina have to do with it?

Joe
By "stage" we mean like.. a camp.. this should be a skating camp. He must be training someone else,too.
Anyway it was on the national sports news paper (Gazzetta dello sport), and the article was wrote by Andrea Buongiovanni, the journalist who usually writes all the stuff about skating.

EDIT

I found some infos here
http://www.artonice.it/?q=it/node/834

She is at Mishin's training camp in St. Paul-Minnesota.

I really hope this camp will help her improving her skills..

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here is a babel fish translation of the article

"From yesterday Carolina Kostner, second brought back how much from the Gazette of the Sport, is engaged in one stage with Alexei Mishin, the famous trainer of Plushenko. Carolina will be host for 10 days of training camp of Mishin to St. Paul in the Minnesota.

According to the sport newspaper other collaborations of prestige would have been always attempted, but the choice of Carolina has been for Mishin. Official trainer of the blue remains Michael Huth. Confirmed also for this season the collaboration of Kurt Browning for the choreographies."

Dee

Thanks, Eleonora and Dee. That's pretty cool.

So what I got out of it is that Carolina is a celebrity guest coach, along with Kurt Browning, at Mishin's skating camp in Saint Paul. That's a nice opportunity for her. :agree:

Here is some information about the camp (although it doesn't mention Carolina).

http://www.stpaulfsc.blogspot.com/

Last edited:

italia

Rinkside
Mishin is at the St. Paul Skating CLub for 2 weeks

Mishin is doing a camp at the St. Paul Skating club for the weeks of June 19th to 30th. We are fortunate enough to have our son attending the camp and doing private lessons with Mishin and his coach, Leonid Birinberg. There are skaters from Russia, Belgium, Canada and the US attending the camp and training sessions. Mishin visits the St. Paul club regularily.

From the feedback we have gotten it has been a very worth while week so far.

Niza

Rinkside
Is it truth?

http://www.nevasport.ru/news.php?id=12404

Will Alexey Mishin prepare German champion?

The rumours that professor Alexey Mishin (the trainer of Olympic champion Evgenie Pljushchenko) will prepare in a next season the leader of German school of figure skating - Stefan Lindemann are actively exaggerated In St.-Petersburg. We shall remind, that two years ago Lindemann became the bronze prize-winner of the Europe championship.

Vitacus

Rinkside
Here is the training schedule and session overview for Mishin's summer training camp.

http://www.stpaulfsc.blogspot.com/

The three sessions with Mishin is working on triples and quads, working on singles and doubles and a session with beginners. He will also hold a presentation of the ISU judging system on certain dates.

Last edited:

Fritz

Spectator
Mishin Seminars

Mishin will be at the Ashburn Ice Rink in Virginia beginning July 2 for a week. Of late, he comes to this rink twice a year for weekly seminars and gives private lessons.