So You Think You Can Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

So You Think You Can Dance

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
See, I missed thursday and I can't even tell from these posts who was voted off. I guess I have to stop depending on figure skating message boards for all my news. Maybe they are more clear on the topic at the robotics message boards.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Theatregirl1122 said:
I can't even tell from these posts who was voted off.
Yah, I can understand it does get confusing sometimes with all the opinions and reviews.

Dmitry - off
Martha - off

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
SeaniBu said:
Dmitry - off
Martha - off

Thank you. Usually when I know who is off I appriciate the reviews but when all I can find is "why didn't they vote Ivan off" it's hard to tell who did get voted off. :biggrin:

heyang

Record Breaker
I believe that cousins Benji and Heidi used to compete on the ballroom circuit. He decided to do peace corps type work for 2 years - Heidi partnered with Dimitry during those 2 years. So, it's not surprising that Heidi and Dimitry would move the same way. Also, Benji's father is a champion swing dancer and probably coached Benji and Heidi at some point in their careers.

What I really appreciated about Benji's solo is that he incorporated non-ballroom movements that he's picked up working with the other styles all these weeks. Neither Heidi nor Dimitry thought to do the same, which is why they looked like ballroom dancers without partners during their solos.

I think Travis might be a slightly better technical dancer than Benji, but his personality is not as outreaching as Benji's. Unless Travis totally outdances AND outshines Benji, I think Benji will have end up in the finals.

I wasn't sure if Heidi would be able to pull off the contemporary routine, but she did IMO. She may peak at the right time.

I think the lady's spot in the finals will be up for grabs amongst the 4 remaining. They are all phenomanol and versatile and personable.

I think the finals will be 1 woman and 1 man, based upon elimination. Every week, 1 of each is eliminated. Unless they change the eliminations when there are 4 left, it'll be one of each. It would make more sense for the final 2 to be the top 2 vote earners for that week, instead of 1 of each.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
heyang said:
It would make more sense for the final 2 to be the top 2 vote earners for that week, instead of 1 of each.

:agree: Yep, then I think it would come down to Donyelle and Alison IMO.

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
Do we have any confermation that there will actually be a final 2? Because last year they went to a final four and had them do a lot of things. They resurected a dance they though they had done well, each girl danced with each guy, the girls danced together, the guys danced together, and they each did a solo. What is the air date for the final show?

heyang

Record Breaker
Theatregirl1122 said:
Do we have any confermation that there will actually be a final 2? Because last year they went to a final four and had them do a lot of things. They resurected a dance they though they had done well, each girl danced with each guy, the girls danced together, the guys danced together, and they each did a solo. What is the air date for the final show?

The final 2 were Nick and Melody last year. They had to choose favorite routines to perform again, but it was not possible to vote for their dance partners.

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
heyang said:
The final 2 were Nick and Melody last year. They had to choose favorite routines to perform again, but it was not possible to vote for their dance partners.

I definitly remember the final show including 4 people. They eliminated them throughout the night on the last show so there were a final two but they didn't have their own competitive show.

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
Theatregirl1122 said:
I definitly remember the final show including 4 people. They eliminated them throughout the night on the last show so there were a final two but they didn't have their own competitive show.

Not to quote myself. But I am correct. Here is the recap from the last episode last year.

http://www.fox.com/dance/recaps/season1_112.htm

"JD: Now each of the final 4 dancers gets to do their favorite partner dance from the competition."

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
That is kinda unacceptable IMO, why should if have to be a guy and girl?

Last edited:

guinevere

Final Flight
They're not looking for one winner, right? Their looking for one winning pair. With that in mind, all of the eliminations of one woman and one man are fair. If the competition was to be the top single dancer, I would want them to do a final 4 where any of them could get eliminated in any order regardless of gender.

Actually, if it was going to be a single winner, we should have been watching several weeks of solos, with perhaps a few pairs tossed in for variety.

I don't have a problem with it being one man and one woman. And normally I'm the first to advocate for same gender equality! :biggrin:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Well... I was unaware that it needed to be a guy and gal for the winners, I acutely got the impression it was a single winner. OOps!

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
SeaniBu said:
Well... I was unaware that it needed to be a guy and gal for the winners, I acutely got the impression it was a single winner. OOps!

It certainly was a single winner last year. Although I know things have changed since last year.

SkateCynic

Rinkside
Spoilers for Wednesday night's show are posted over at Television Without Pity (in the Forums ---> Competitive Reality ---> SYTYCD thread starting around post #10,100).

Interesting partnering and dances drawn. Or "drawn," if you're a resident of the Grassy Knoll.

Last edited:

vixforshort

Spectator
guinevere said:
They're not looking for one winner, right? Their looking for one winning pair. With that in mind, all of the eliminations of one woman and one man are fair. If the competition was to be the top single dancer, I would want them to do a final 4 where any of them could get eliminated in any order regardless of gender.

Actually, if it was going to be a single winner, we should have been watching several weeks of solos, with perhaps a few pairs tossed in for variety.

I don't have a problem with it being one man and one woman. And normally I'm the first to advocate for same gender equality! :biggrin:

Its not a pair but a single winner that gets the 100K and job with Celine D.'s show in Vegas. That's why we are seeing the individual solo's now because its individual voting.

Also it might not be a male/female final as the final 2 will be the top vote getters out of the final grouping. Right?

heyang

Record Breaker
If it's like last year, there is 1 male finalist and 1 female finalist. Only 1 winner.

I think it should be the top 2 of 4 vote getters that become the finalists - regardless of gender.

CB1AB2

Medalist
= be it boy or girl there will be only one winner =

I couldn't believe last night when Allsion was cut = I actually had tears in my eyes= Ryan no surpise there I expected him to go= but Allison and Ivan were great = their numbers were awesome= I thought Donyelle should have gone.

Benji and Heidi look great together (I know they are cousins) I like him alot

the guys= Benji and Ivan ( Ivan as come a long way since the beginning) with Benji winning

the girls= Donyelle and Heidi with Donyelle winning

last dancer standing ???? Benji I hope but Ivan I think may take it all

Heidi, I picked early on and I am still with her for winning. Will she? Who knows?

I also picked Travis early on, and will expect him to really pour it on next time out.

All the dancers are first rate. Sad to see someone as talented as Allyson not make it.

Joe