So You Think You Can Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

So You Think You Can Dance

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
All the dancers are first rate. Sad to see someone as talented as Allyson not make it.

Joe

:cry: :cry: :cry: I agree with Joe and some of CB1AB2 - I did gett a little teary, well I did last week to. I think it is going to get worse in the emotion department as it goes along. I think Allison should have been in the last 3 at least - not a huge diff but I knew it would happen eventually:eek:hwell: . All 4 of the girls were so talented, it is all pop contest now though. Dancers have proven their worth and now it is who the voters like the best I guess.

In some ways I think and hope to see a few of these come back next time. And I am now missing Dimtry now that he was letting his charm show more. I bet him and Allison will be back better than ever!

Sticking with the "NostroBu" on Donyelle and Benji.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
once they are the top 24, they don't get to come back... unless the rules have changed...

SYTYCD follows American Idol's format pretty closely

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
once they are the top 24, they don't get to come back... unless the rules have changed...
Oh thanks for that info. I guess that was "ThinkiBu" again. I was assuming (yah I know) that there were ones in the try outs that were in the show the first season, but that must have been they just made it to Vegas and then were sent home. Well that is to bad cause I really liked Alison and wand to see more of DeeTree - once his personality started coming out he was much more likable. Anyhoo thanks again Tonichelle

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
no problem... it can be confusing... I'm learning as I go as I didn't really watch the show last season :)

heyang

Record Breaker
I was speechless when they announced that Allison was eliminated. I really thought Natalie would go. The top 4 ladies are all fabulous and it's personality that will get her to the finals. Heidi, Donyelle and Allison seemed to have larger fan bases than Natalie. Even without next week's show, I'm going to guess that Natalie will likely be the one eliminated because she's been in the bottom for at least the last 3 weeks.

As for the guys, I'm think Benji will end up in the finals. He might lack some of Travis's technique, but he makes up for it with personality. With the exception of last week's hip hop routine, he's pretty much been praised consistently by the judges and the audience responds wildly just to his name. I know he's got my votes.

Anyone else getting tickets for the tour? I have 3 options - Newark on a Tuesday, NYC on a Wednesday or Philly on a Friday. I think Newark's the best choice based upon convenience and increased chance of getting a good seat. Tickets go on sale Aug 12th.

heyang

Record Breaker
As far as partnerings for next week:
Benji is the only guy who has danced already with all 3 ladies. His weakest pairing would be with Natalie because he's only partnered with her for a week as compared to the other ladies.
Travis has not danced with Natalie,yet - he's danced one week each with Heidi and Natalie.
Ivan hasn't danced with any of the remaining ladies. He's only danced with Allyson and Martha. He really only had chemistry with Allison due to the longevity of their partnership.

icy fresh

On the Ice
I know that Dmitry was voted off last week, but I can't help saying that he is very enticing and quite seductive.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I doubt highly that they're coming to Alaska... so I won't be going to the tour...

though it might be interesting I'm not sure if I would actually enjoy it lol... but it would be neat just to see Benji and Heidi dance together... I think they're fab! :)

CB1AB2

Medalist
thanks SeaniBu for the info =I'm glad they are coming to Boston Ma. so I know I'll be going

heyang

Record Breaker
does anyone know a website address for Benji's charity D.E.M.A.N.D.?

Dancers Everywhere Making A Noticeable Difference for Orphans in southern Mexico.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I agree with Joe's prediction. Hiedi's performance last night was exquisite - best solo so far of any IMO. She was one of the better to start but has now clearly taken the top female dancer for the past two weeks. She is always alive. Donyelle is running out of steam and connection to the audience, I anticipated the opposite to happen with her on the show.

I think I like Benji better but the skill is impossible for me to pick between him and Travis. I kind of get the impression Benji might win this.

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
Travis v. Benji next week.

Unless Ivan defies all odds and does not get eliminated today. Which is possible. And there is only one winner so by your prediction it would be Heidi v. Benji v. Travis for the win.

I really do think that Donyelle deserves to go. She was great when she was with Benji at the begining, but she hasn't had a truly stand out performance since then. I thought she deserved to go home before Allison. I thought Allison should have been in the top four. But what do I know.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I'm still a Benjie fan but I wouldn't be unhappy if either Heidi or Travis win. My only objection to Travis is that style-wise he is very similar to last year's winner, Nick Lazzarini, altho he doesn't have the big stage personality that Nick had. Hmm, could be a Benjie-Heidi final. They are both great dancers, very versatile with great stage presence. Toss-up!

heyang

Record Breaker
I believe another poster correctly corrected me a few weeks ago. It is a final 4 - NOT a final 2. The reason I thought it was a final 2 is because it got down to 2 girls and 2 boys. When they did the reveal during the finals, they eliminated 1 girl Ashlee and then one boy Jamile. Which is why I mistakenly thought there was a final 2 of Nick and Melody. Nick won, of course. The results of the voting happened to be Nick, Melody, Jamile and Ashlee from top to bottom.

So, tonight we get our final 4. Next week, there is a top 4 show, but no elimination show. TiVo lists as 'Final 4 Part 1'.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
No really surprise tonight, just that Benji wasn't the top receiver of votes. Doneyelle brought it back on and Nat took it more gracefully than expected. I think she did also expect it, but still held her head high, to be admired - what a beautiful person! Don't think Hiedi's solo was as good as the night before, like she went back to the same. But she is more charming and confident than before - well of course.

Last edited:

CB1AB2

Medalist
I was all for Donyelle in the beginning = but = I thought she should have gone before Allison ( who should be in the top 4) = I still like Bengi = I'm not making any predictions as to who is going to win = my track record isn't that good = whoever wins I still will be going to see all of them in the tour