So You Think You Can Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

So You Think You Can Dance

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I was very surprised to see Benji in the bottom two and I convinced myself he was going home because of it lol... I'm a dork

I absolutely love it when he gets to do what he does best... I could watch him do swing all day long, he is so at ease with it... and I LOVE that style of Dance *gush*

I want to see Heidi and Benji dance together again, but I'm not sure how next week works? Anyone have a run down?

heyang

Record Breaker
When Cat announced that Heidi and Travis were safe, she also stated that it did NOT mean that they were the top vote getters.

I'm sure they staged it for maximum drama. I know I as muttering 'please, please, please don't eliminate Benji' and that was mostly because of how shocked I was that Allyson was eliminated.

I think (speculating) that they'll each have to partner dance twice, but perhaps change partners for each dance and then probably do a solo. I think that would be much fairer. For challenge purposes, I would not want to see Benji & Heidi swing/latin dance together and I would not want Heidi & Travis to do contemporary together. Both of these would be a strong disadvantage for the opposing team. I think they should skip Broadway style for the finals because all 4 dancers have already done well with it. I really want to see each of them challenged.

heyang said:
I think they should skip Broadway style for the finals because all 4 dancers have already done well with it. I really want to see each of them challenged.
Let's get them challenged with that old Quickstep. Not an easy dance! Gotta move fast and skim the floor yet have a bouncy body and look elegant, and the break is not easy. How many couples have been able to do it?

Joe

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Shaking your booty

I was talking to my daughter and I asked her if she knew if shaking your booty was hard to do. She didn't know but told me I had better have a good answer for when the EMS crew came.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Hip hop is a very high energy dance so while they may not be doing a quickstep, that doesn't make it less difficult... unfortunately it gets a lot of flack from dance enthusiasts who are too traditional to let hip hop in lol I had a long discussion with my aunts friend over it. Apparently youth isn't popular with her and she basically called me ignorant for liking it. I like the high energy stuff...

she also thought that pointing the toe was over rated, so what does she know lol

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
Tonichelle said:
I want to see Heidi and Benji dance together again, but I'm not sure how next week works? Anyone have a run down?

Last year each dancer danced with each other dancer. So the dance parings would be Heidi/Benji, Donyelle/Travis, Heidi/Travis, Donyelle Benji, Benji/Travis, and Donyelle/Heidi. Then each dancer danced solo.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Can't wait for the final. My favs are either Benji or Heidi..........42

heyang

Record Breaker
My 1st choice is Benji, then Heidi, then Travis as winner. Donyelle dances well, but she really has been a let down the last couple of weeks - lost her spark somewhere.

heyang

Record Breaker
Yep - that's a nice picture. I'll probably check out the movie during a matinee sometime.

Donyelle hurt her toe sometime before their Viennese Waltz (she said she jammed it the week before). After that she did Broadway with Benji, danced with Dmitry, danced with Travis and then was re-united with Benji. When her toe was really bad, she did not participate in the group# during the opening of the results show and was only missing (that I can recall) that one week. So, it has been several weeks since she injured her toe, but I think her 'decline' started when she danced with Travis. That was also the 1st week that the judges 'criticized' her - during prior weeks she was quite lauded.

We also noticed the bandage on Natalie's knee.

The same week of Donyelle's toe, Mary also mentioned that a dancer had a hurt back. I'm not sure who that is.

All four looked good last night.

Donneyelle is ok, sometimes excellent, depends.
Benji has the great young boy style. Less in the dramatic.
Travis is more rounded than the others in style and grace.
Heidi is the most versatile, and technically brilliant.

The above is JMO.

I suspect America will vote either Heidi or more likely, Benji.

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
my aunt's belief is that Travis will win

I'm still hoping for Benji... I LOVE his swing routines!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I am so mad at myself. I was watching 7 Brides for 7 Brothers and didn't check to see what was on and missed all but the last dancers. As much as I liked all of them, my idea is there should be a tie between Heidi and Benji. WOW:clap:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I will agree with the ideas of Benji and Travis being the most talented, I still am hoping for Benji to take it. He really has a great face as well as great moves dancing. A true performer in conjunction with great dancing ability - a real star. Hiedi is great but there is that feeling I get when I watch her that it is just so "hammy" and the sexual aspect I think is over the top with her, just to much "I'm so sexy." Like an annoying cheerleader. Her personality is more like a Singer who can dance incredibly - but has one personality.

Travis is so polished and smooth, really like to see his natural dancing characteristics on different styles of dance. But the part just doesn't seem to be a full character of the individual dance - much like Hiedi. The hip Hop he did with Benji was great, but his movements were so smooth - like that is a bad thing:laugh: - but Benji can play the parts to the Dance so well. Benji is just one step ahead of Travis - by having his own style yet 100% true to the style of dance, Travis to me interprets and put his own spin on the movement too much (nice but not as true to the dance it's self). Travis's solo was incredible which should pull in his favor. Although I do feel Travis does a better Viennese.

Donyelle came up short for 2 weeks now, and that smile should have been pulled out of her pocket much earlier IMO. But I still feel she is 4. She has been at the same level for the past 3 shows at least and everyone else has stepped up a little. Plus I have noticed (and it is rather surprising) she does not move her hips well??? Her ilium stays flat or in line with her shoulders, almost all of the time.

The Viennese was very disappointing for me, those shoulders and arms, I can't believe there wasn't more stress on the importance of that to the dancers or that they didn't do it. That is one thing for sure that is essential to that dance and I see people screwing that up all the time. Granted I learned that from Dancing w/the Stars, but I would imagine they should have picked the info up along the way. That crushed Donyelle's "possibility" and downgraded Benji a touch too IMO. His saving grace was his face was perfect for the dance yet again. I do believe Benji to be the best performer over all.

Georgia was one of my favorite pieces I have seen thus far even though that particular dance usually just leaves me feeling like it was nice and the dancers were good. This time It all was great.

I real hate this in some ways 'cause I just prefer it when the ladies win, but I don't think it is going to happen this time, and it shouldn't. Travis and Benji are really the ones I feel most deserve the win. Heidi is great, but just so over the top, like Liza Minnelli trying to get a job on speed. She just doesn't seem to know when to play it cool. JMO

It is a very close final 3, and D is not that far but far enough to definably be the 4.

Last edited:
I wont sweat it for anyone of the 4 to win.

It seems most fans want Benji who for me is a work in progress. Right now he is the All American Boy Next Door and not much else.

Joe

heyang

Record Breaker
Who will win? If I had to pick the most technically proficient, Travis. Best performer – Benji. Most improved of the final 4 – Heidi. If I was casting the Celine Dion show, I think Travis is the best choice and Donyelle might be the 2nd choice – the show seems more contemporary in style and this is the specialty of these 2. Most publicly popular – Benji. So, as you can tell, the only one I don’t see winning is Donyelle.

Benji and Heidi definitely are the best partners for anyone to dance. They know how to help their dance partner 'learn' and be supportive of whomever they are teamed with...

Best solo of the night: Travis
Best routine: the Group # or Tranji.

I really enjoyed the group # Sexy Back - it ranks right up there with Ramalama Bang Bang (the one where they were Ghouls).

I did vote for Benji. I had no problems getting through, but I didn't try to vote until the last 1/2 hour of voting. I think it's harder to vote during the 1st hour after the show and then people start getting ready for bed.

Anyway, looking forward to the grand finale - 2 hours on Wednesday.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
I wont sweat it for anyone of the 4 to win.

It seems most fans want Benji who for me is a work in progress. Right now he is the All American Boy Next Door and not much else.

Joe

perhaps for an all around dancer he still has work to do, but he IS the current Swing Dance Champ... so he's hardly a rookie ;)

WEDNESDAY, 16 AUG - FINAL HOUR

My prediction: Benji will win.

My rationale: Most lady voters will find him cutest.

Joe