Sasha on Michelle | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Sasha on Michelle

MKFSfan

Medalist
Dee4707 said:
Who doesn't????????? All the elite skaters want that, otherwise what are they doing in the spotlight??

Dee

My point exactly! I did not say that Sasha lavishing in the spotlight was a bad thing. I was using it as an example of why I believe Sasha could feel she is in Michelle's shadow.

anniemg

Rinkside
Mathman said:
Sasha is the U.S. champion, the reigning Olympic silver medalist, three-time World medalist and number two on the all-time list of highest scores under the New Judging System. She has made a sufficient impact in her chosen field of endeavor to have made her name known to the general public; she has thousands upon thousands of enthusiastic fans, millions of more casual admirers who have enjoyed her performances, and a gang of little girls who want to grow up to be just like her.

She is beautiful, she is 21, the world is her oyster. :)

I loved your reply:thumbsup: It's sounds just like something Sasha would love to hear when she's feeling down because of her 'failure' of getting gold.

But for me, even she wont ever have 5 world titles(I'm not even sure she wants to go that far anyway) she should have her moment. What I mean is a performance that everyone will talk about in 20 years, not because it got her the gold, but because she gave it 200% and won the crowd with it. MIchelle's had plenty of those....and Sasha doesnt. (I'm talking lps).

That's why I wish she sticks around-she still has more to give...

antmanb

Record Breaker
chuckm said:
I agree that Princess Di was clever and manipulative, but let's face it, she HAD to be to survive being part of the that morally depraved family. She married Charles at 19 and immediately had to face the fact that her role was to be that of childbearer only and for her to expect anything more was unthinkable. She was married to an unrepentently selfish adulterer who resented her for her immense popularity with the British public. I truly believe that if Charles ever becomes King, that will spell the end of the monarchy.

Totally agree with you there, but of course he was not the only adulterer in their relationship.

Ant

mzheng

Record Breaker
Kwanford Wife said:
Congrats Sasha on all you've accomplished in skating. You are the best silver medalist in history... Must be all that quality... ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry, can't resist! I knew better what she thought, or rather what she did do during the season. :cool:

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
SeaniBu said:
Very glad to hear that!:agree: The worst thing about it is he is just giving it to the top money making organizations in the world anyway - pharmaceuticals. Some does go to the "needy" via governments of said needy, but I take that as a whatever helps you sleep at night. It is funny how people would want to think something good about someone like that, when there track record is clear. "So he betrayed trust between a colleague, that's just business." Sad and true as it might be, just because things have been does not always mean they must stay that way.
I guess my point was he is shaking "bad rep" with most - and Ant is most likely correct with him "buying" good PR.

Not on topic, but I must respond ... even before he got the $ from Buffet, he was giving away over $1billion per year. I know people who have received funds from the foundation ... they are very selective, but support causes that aren't sexy and haven't been successful at getting funding. Maybe they are giving $ to pharmaceutical companies, but it is to find cures for diseases such as malaria that no one will touch because they can't make money off them. More people in Africa die from malaria than AIDS, but no one wasn't to put the time and money into the R&D for a vaccine because drugs for Africa won't make you rich. This money is saving lives. Truly. I might buy into the PR thing if I didn't know people who had received funding from them. I am truly impressed by what they are doing.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
"cures" are already there. And who was getting the money, ah you know, that is probably better then Billy. Just 'cause it sounds nice, does not mean more then 10% sees any of it.

BTW, that "giving away" was part of the budget for tax breaks. Please don't allow the naive to be so prevalent. Bill has no idea what is going on, he is just a "manager" trying to keep faith. It is really simple if you deal with it. He smelled the coffee long ago, why don't you?

Last edited:

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
SeaniBu said:
"cures" are already there. And who was getting the money, ah you know, that is probably better then Billy. Just 'cause it sounds nice, does not mean more then 10% sees any of it.

Not quite sure what you are trying to say, but I'll try ... 'cures' - malaria, no. There are excellent drugs, but you need to take them daily, which is not realistic for so many reasons. No enough people seeing it ... there is truth in that statement ... Gates is focusing on the things people need rather than the politics of getting it too them. There is so much corruption in many coutries that the people who need it, don't necessarily get it ... but that's a different issue alltogether. Anyway, while I agree his business practices were questionable, well at least ruthless, I am dang impressed with amount of good he's doing now. No, it's not a cure all. What he's giving, while a lot of money, isn't material in the grand scheme of things, but it's an excellent start ... and, maybe, it'll encourage others to do the same.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
tharrtell said:
Not quite sure what you are trying to say, but I'll try ... 'cures' - malaria, no.
...how do you know this? What do you think you know? Face the truth.
- sorry, sometimes I really sound like a butt head. Sorry for the tone.

Take them daily? Well what does that mean you need to do? take forever, maybe you'll see the reality eventually. Maybe????

Excellent? And you are right, "a different issue all together." Could you have said anything more true than that?

Last edited:

mzheng

Record Breaker
chuckm said:
Zheng, where have you been? I've really missed you.
Still hang around. Not being up to FS lately. Started a new job in mid May and very busy with it.......Looks like my favorate skater gets on her life, so am I getting on with my new work (btw, I like it very much).

But this is one of my favorate board, I'll visit it more often when the season starts. :)

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
mzheng said:
Still hang around. Not being up to FS lately. Started a new job in mid May and very busy with it.......Looks like my favorate skater gets on her life, so am I getting on with my new work (btw, I like it very much).

But this is one of my favorate board, I'll visit it more often when the season starts. :)

Congrats on the new job!!! You were missed!!!

witchykitty

Spectator
mzheng said:

Congratulations also. I've been getting on with my life much in the same way. Can't wait until the new season starts...

Eeyora

Final Flight
Glad to have yo back MZheng. We have missed having you around. I can't wait for the season to begin either.