Pres. Bush and ethnic skaters | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pres. Bush and ethnic skaters

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Can anyone here imagine Johnny Weir being invited to a White House dinner, especially under the current administration?? :rofl:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
JonnyCoop said:
Can anyone here imagine Johnny Weir being invited to a White House dinner, especially under the current administration?? :rofl:

GWB - " What in the world are you wearin' there boy?"
JW - "Mr President, that is a scarf around my neck and on my hand is Camille."
GWB - "What do ya mean a scarf, that ain't no scarf it's made of feathers." "And what in the h*** is a Camille?" "Looks like one of them wierd hand things from The Animal Planet."
JW - "Mr. President Camille is a character from one of my programs?''
GWB - "You in a program too, boy?" "I used to be in a twelve step program." "Your program got twelve steps?"
JW - "Mr. President my programs have hundreds of steps."
GWB - "Did you say hundreds of steps?" "Boy you been on crack?"
JW - "Mr. President my programs are figure skating programs."
GWB - " I know you're kind of skinny, but why ain't you playin ball like a normal boy."
JW - "Figure skating is my sport."
GWB - "I don't know where you come from, but in Texas, twirlin' around on the ice in feathers and sparkly pantyhose ain't a sport." "Here comes Dick Cheney you better hide them feathers and that bird head."

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
I read somewhere that on the day the US Olympians went to the White House, Johnny had "personal commitments" that kept him from attending. In this kind of case, though, the invitee can, if they so choose, decline the invitation.

I think the rules are different for state meals in honor of foreign dignitaries, where there are always a lot of Americans descended from the dignitary's home country. In those cases, the invitee might be worried about offending one if they declined the invitation -- for example, a Chinese American who wouldn't want to meet Pres. Bush due to political disagreement, might not want to offend Pres. Hu, due to fear of retaliation against other relatives still in China.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Piel said:
GWB - " What in the world are you wearin' there boy?"
JW - "Mr President, that is a scarf around my neck and on my hand is Camille."
GWB - "What do ya mean a scarf, that ain't no scarf it's made of feathers." "And what in the h*** is a Camille?" "Looks like one of them wierd hand things from The Animal Planet."
GWB - "You in a program too, boy?" "I used to be in a twelve step program." "Your program got twelve steps?"
JW - "Mr. President my programs are figure skating programs."
GWB - " I know you're kind of skinny, but why ain't you playin ball like a normal boy."
JW - "Figure skating is my sport."
GWB - "I don't know where you come from, but in Texas, twirlin' around on the ice in feathers and sparkly pantyhose ain't a sport." "Here comes Dick Cheney you better hide them feathers and that bird head."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Piel - you owe me a new keyboard and monitor!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

antmanb

Record Breaker
Piel said:

How about in response this johnny says: " No Mr. President but my costume from a couple of seasons ago was"

Ant

The current issue of Time magazine has a little feature about Bush's style of entertaining foreign dignitaries, how he typically invites them to his ranch, etc.

About the luncheon for President Hu of China, Time says:

"Message in a Meal? The Presidents of Mexico, Poland, the Philippines and Kenya were honored by [President Bush] with White House state dinners. The Chinese fought for [Chinese President] Hu Jintao to be so feted when he visited in April -- but had to settle for a 'social lunch.'"

In other words, it's a diplomatic slap in the face to be invited to lunch with Michelle Kwan. (Slap me, slap me!)

MM :)